ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need help with Work Permit Renewal

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

munhumutapa
Newly Registered

Need help with Work Permit Renewal

Post by munhumutapa » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:46 pm

I've been on a work permit as a manager for a healthcare service for the last 4 years and changed employers in a similar role recently. I was shocked when my employer applied for my permit i.e. change of employer/renewal and my application was rejected on the basis that the job description does not meet the NVQ level 3. Obviously this is not the case. We applied for a review of the decision based on my qualifications and 4 years experience and the decision was unchanged. My employer has decided to resubmitted the WP1 on my behalf (which I'll be charged) and hope to provide further details of the job. Any ideas on how to present this case? PLEASE HELP!

munhumutapa
Newly Registered

Post by munhumutapa » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:57 pm

Anyone HELP!

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:32 pm

We need some more details about the reasons for refusal. Please say what the reasons were, leaving out any personal/identifying information

There have been some very recent changes to the guidance for jobs in care homes, but this is for senior carer posts not manager posts.

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... iew=Binary

What was the job title on the application on the refused application, and the job title on the previous work permit?

What did the employer say were the requirements for the post on the WP1?

You should not have changed employers before getting approval from Work Permits. Unfortunately you are now working illegally. You will need to get this sorted out quickly.
my application was rejected on the basis that the job description does not meet the NVQ level 3
We applied for a review of the decision based on my qualifications and 4 years experience and the decision was unchanged.
The job description and your qualifications are two separate parts of the criteria. You could have a PhD and get an application refused because of the job description.

munhumutapa
Newly Registered

Post by munhumutapa » Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:43 pm

Many thanks Paper Pusher.... :D

Your link on the Senior Care Workers was very helpful as it is the current guidance on healthcare appointments.