ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

In between Tier 4 and EEA(EFM) COA

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

DRN
Newly Registered

In between Tier 4 and EEA(EFM) COA

Post by DRN » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:37 pm

Dear All,

I've recently finished my studentship on a Tier4 visa that is still valid.

I've applied to the EEA(EFM) Residence Card, 6+ weeks ago. I have not received biometrics or COA.

I can work from my Tier4 visa. Is this still valid? Or is it annulled? I'm unsure what my current state is.

sandy88

Re: In between Tier 4 and EEA(EFM) COA

Post by sandy88 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:10 pm

Hi DRN,

your tier 4 visa is under UK immigration route and Your EFM residence card application is under EU law which is entirely separate.
your student visa wont be cancelled and still you can continue work on your student restricted hours (10 or 20 hours) until you receive your COA, it will demonstrate to your further eligibility to work.

Regards

DRN
Newly Registered

Post by DRN » Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:13 pm

sandy88 wrote:Hi DRN,

your tier 4 visa is under UK immigration route and Your EFM residence card application is under EU law which is entirely separate.
your student visa wont be cancelled and still you can continue work on your student restricted hours (10 or 20 hours) until you receive your COA, it will demonstrate to your further eligibility to work.

Regards
Thanks for the answer! If I already have the right to work with some limitations, is it expected to receive a COA with the right to work or it's an independent decision?

sandy88

Post by sandy88 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:27 pm

DRN wrote:
sandy88 wrote:Hi DRN,

Regards
Thanks for the answer! If I already have the right to work with some limitations, is it expected to receive a COA with the right to work or it's an independent decision?
Yes COA with right to work is nothing to do with tier 4. If you are a direct family member of an EEA national I.e. Spouse /civil partner you automatically receive right to work by providing evidence of your relationship and EEA national doing treaty rights in the UK.

BUT if you are an extended family member home office will assess your situation and if you are lucky you will receive a long COA

DRN
Newly Registered

Post by DRN » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:39 pm

Thanks!

DRN
Newly Registered

Post by DRN » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:15 pm

Just thought up some more questions. I've been reading that section 3c does not apply for EEA applications.

Once I receive my COA and I don't have the right to work what will my working status be?

I will at the same time have a tier 4 visa that allows me to work and a COA that does not allow me to work.

Which should I follow?