ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

December EC applicants post here!!!!!!!!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dec03ec

Post by dec03ec » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:35 pm

lion686 :
I applied from Bangalore..
I dont know about whether my employer is contacted by integra or not...

so what is the response you got from BHC through mail?

dec03ec

Post by dec03ec » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:26 pm

looks like VFS has got holidays from 21 to 27 of this month..

http://www.vfs-uk-in.com/holiday.aspx

rvag
Newly Registered

Post by rvag » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:13 am

Marupa,

Your timelines are similar to mine(23rd forward to bhc chennai), I got my passport with EC yesterday. You should get it before the holidays.

Cheers.

ksri
Newly Registered

Applying in December

Post by ksri » Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:24 am

Hello Friends,
I have got the HSMP approval in November.
I am planning to apply for EC in december, I have some basic doubts.

1) If I apply for EC and got it then what is the maximum period that I can stay without using it.
I mean if I don't use it for some period, it would expire in how many months.

2) Can I add my mother as my dependent, my father was expired and I don't have any other male siblings. How tough is it, if I want to skip it now and apply later when I get job in UK.

3)If I show my friend's address as the place where I am intending to live. how can I prove that he is ready to allow me, should I get a letter from him.
In this case, I can avoid the hotel booking proofs etc.

4) In VFS form, they asked to prove the basic job search research, what should we do for this.

5) The brief over view of all the forms I prepared for EC application (excluding dependents)
->Original HSMP approval letter along with all the documents sent for HSMP approval.
->Degree certificate (should I submit all the both UG and PG certificates)
-> Salary slips of last 6months.
-> original Bank statements of last 6months.
-> Experience letter from current employer.
-> visiting card and current employment ID card photostat

I have around 4Lakhs money with me 2 in my account and 2 as Shares.
I don't have any other sources of income.
If the funds are enough, should I still get a fund assessment from CA.

Thanks in advance.

dec03ec

Post by dec03ec » Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:13 am

I would like to share my exp at VFS office bangalore when I went for submitting EC docs.

The VFS people are not taking the all documents which we have... they will ask one by one... I tried to give cover letter, a letter from bank which says the account is salary account and salary certificate from the employer..
they have given following explanation for above docs..

1. Cover letter : not needed.
2. Letter from bank which says account is salary account,
salary certificate from employer : payslips and bank statements are enough for previous earnings and proof of funds.

So finally i couldnt hand over what ever documents i have.

So be careful while submitting the documents at VFS office and try to convince them and handover what ever documents you have.

dec03ec

Post by dec03ec » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:00 am

Happy news to share...
Got VISA today valid from 07 Jan 2008 to 06 Jan 2010

time lines :

03 Dec 07 - Submitted all documents at Bangalore VFS office
04 Dec 07 - Reached BHC
14 Dec 07 - Got VISA to my home..

Its so quick i dint expect at all... it has taken total 9 working days with delivery.... :D

crusador0408
Member of Standing

congr8s

Post by crusador0408 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:21 am

Congratulations buddy!!! A beer pint due on ur side...
Sadly M in hyd :lol: so u spared!

good luck for nxt hunt..
I have my ILR since march 2013, previously based on HSMP+Tier1 ext. All views are my own, am not a professional on immigration matters.

lion686

Post by lion686 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:17 am

@dec03ec

Congrats...me too aplied on 03 dec :oops: Lets see wt happens to me :?:
Lion

pavankeerthi
Newly Registered

Post by pavankeerthi » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:38 am

@dec03ec,
Great news man..Lucky guy... :D

I applied on 29th Nov frm bnglr and till day no sign of any progress..its getting really frustrating day by day...

Anyway best of luck for your Job Hunt

dec03ec

Post by dec03ec » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:17 pm

Thanks to all for your wishes...

Hope you all get VISA soon.. and we meet soon in UK...

HSMPQueries

Post by HSMPQueries » Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:16 pm

I applied today along with my spouse as the dependent from the Mumbai VFS center.

Lot of holidays coming up so expecting a reply around mid-January.

tral_hsmp

Post by tral_hsmp » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:31 pm

Hi All,

I also applied for EC on 4th Dec 07 from Mumbai
I checked in office and came to know that Integra has sent a mail on 6th for my verification, also checked in my previous office, there also on same day.
In my current office, I came to know that the person who is supposed to reply to that mail, had replied on same day. He told me that he wasn't aware what kind of visa I am processing neither Integra has written. So he had replied that I am working, but had n't provided anyother details. I requested him and later he told me to drop a mail to him. Then I checked again with him and he said that now he has again replied to Integra with my details except because our company policy doesn't allow that. I don't know how Integra will take this. Does anyone has any idea. Also Integra didn't gave me any call till now.
I dropped a mail yesterday to BHC, got an out of office reply. I dropped the mail again, but no reply till now.

I am eagerly waiting.

tral_hsmp

Post by tral_hsmp » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:42 pm

Hi All,

I got the visa for two year starting 14th Dec 2007.
I would like to thank all of the people on this site. This site is really helpful.
My timeline:
HSMP application to Home Office from Uk: 02/11/07
Received by Home Offfice: 05/11/07
Refrence Number recevied by mai: 06/11/07
Called on 08/11/07 to Home office: was told HMP is Approved
HSMP letter and Documents received on: 13/11/07

EC application submitted at Mumbai VFS: 04/12/07
Integra sent mail to my current and previous Employer: 06/12/07
EC approved for two years from: 14/12/07
Documents and passport recived back through Blue Dart: 15/12/07
Total time for EC: 6 working days

Thanks once again to all people on this site. I made a good use of this site.

Will be going to UK in last week of Feb 2008.

kewl_cancerian
Newly Registered

EC

Post by kewl_cancerian » Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:25 pm

Hi Guys,

I have logged in my EC application on 5 Dec 2007, Got Integra verfication calls on 10 & 11 Dec 2007.

How will I get to know the status or progress of my EC application, Is there any way to track the status.

Cheers!

Achtung

Post by Achtung » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:09 pm

lion686 wrote:Guys,

I got my Integra verification done today, actually there was a mail with some checklist of verification items sent to my HR team on friday.Then today HR team had got a phone call as well from mumbai reg integra.

Now, this verification in my company they came to knw that am goin for HSMP & they informed my manager. now my state in this comp is shaken as my manager lost some trust.I desp need this visa else i will be in doom :oops: ..I now tgt its better to keep informed earlier rather giving surprises to them.. :!:

Any info like how many days it takes to get decision after the integra verificaiton.?
hey lion686

Could you share with us what were the contents of the mail sent to your HR? In the mail was it mentioned that you had applied for HSMP VISA ? And any idea about the phone call? It would be good if you can share these information with all of us so that we can better prepare ourselves for the INTEGRA checks. I hope you understand.

lion686

Post by lion686 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:35 am

Achtung,

I don havve specific details cos i din ask the HR who alredy messed up with my manager about this issue. i had to request them and clear so many doubts of my manager so then she replied the email.I din get more particular abt the verification to her. I will talk to her if my visa get rejected due to some improer details from her....lets hope for best..
Lion

cdraina

Post by cdraina » Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:50 pm

Hi friends,

I plan to put in my EC application in the morning. Would appreciate if you can help me with this at the earliest?

I saw on lot of threads about the question in EC form (VAF2):

"WHEN DO YOU PLAN TO ARRIVE IN THE UK?"

I am not able to find this question in the VAF2 form, please can someone help me with this? Or is this information just needs to be mentioned in the covering letter?

Thanks in anticipation!
CD

Daslimy1

Post by Daslimy1 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:10 pm

Hi Chakshu....I mentioned in my Cover letter that I would leave at the earliest and left the option blank in the form. Confirmed with the VFS guy while submitting he was ok with this! All da best
Cheers
Everything comes to an end eventully...

cdraina

Post by cdraina » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:36 am

Thanks Da!

Hi All,

I submitted my EC application today. To claim points against the "Age" section in HSMP I had sent my driving license. Today when I submitted my EC application the VFS representative insisted that I submit a Xerox of the same and refused to accept the original DL.

Is this the case with every one?

Cheers!
CD

lion686

Post by lion686 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:45 am

cdraina,

Good that you submitted. I had given my original DL & there was no such detail that they askled my photocopy. no problem...there are many more thgs to wrry nw..Integra,VFS holidays, etc

all de best
Lion

cdraina

Post by cdraina » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:07 am

Hi friends,

I submitted my EC application today. I had taken a prior appointment and reached the place before time. Since there weren't many people I was called for the process 30 min. before the scheduled appointment. Btw I submitted my application at VFS-UK in Vile Parle (MUMBAI)

On entry I was asked to submit my mobile and my bag. They let me in with the documents files only. VFS accepted cash for visa charges and charged me Rs. 100 for DD charges. I that was more than the actual DD charges but fair deal considering that I did not have to wait in the Bank to get the DD.

After waiting for about 30 minutes I was called by the representative to submit my documents. The VFS representative did not seem to experienced with handling HSMP cases and did not provide any guidance regarding the required documents.

I had neatly made three different sets of documents for EC, Integra and "the documents sent with HSMP application". I had explained each and every document (in the order) in my covering letter.

All that he (VFS representative) did was talk to my documents arrangement. He insisted to accept documents in the way he felt comfortable, there was no guidline per se that he was following. So all said and done my cover letter will not make sense any more. And the last nail in the coffin was when, after hodge-podging my application, he SHAMELESSLY asked "would you like to submit a cover letter?"

The VFS representative refused to accept my original driving license as a part of documents submitted with HSMP application. He insisted that I submit a Xerox of the same. Logically if BHC wants to re-evaluate my HSMP application they can obtain my date of birth from the passport. But there have been instances where the EC application were rejected as the applicant did not submit Driving license or birth certificate. I am not very confident about my application after this.

Then I was directed to the biometric data collection representative. I guess the biometric data collection system did not like my face. It was not ready to accept my photograph at all. On every attempt it gave an error "front view not proper". The representative kept trying for more than 70 minutes. I swear she must have taken atleast 200 shots. For a moment I felt that they are playing "BAKRA" on me. Finally they set an over-ride for that error and submitted my pic with the "front view not proper" error.

And the least I could expect after all this was the statement from the VFS representative: "We have done the best we could. In case BHS had an objection on your photograph you will be called for another photography session or may be requested to attend the interview".

Getting out was as smooth as getting in. Atleast they don't charge the applicants for keeping mobiles in the lockers (VFS USA charges Rs. 200 for this so called service).

So here's my EC application experience in short. I would request you to share your experience about submitting the "Driving license" with the EC application and the subsequent result.

Cheers!
CD

HSMPQueries

Post by HSMPQueries » Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:51 pm

Hi CD,

I applied for my HSMP visa along with my wife as a dependent. I had submitted my original birth certificate and wanted to submit my wifes PAN card DL for name proof and age. They refused to accept the originals so submitted a xerox. Not too worried as I am the primary applicant and not my wife.

We applied on the 14th from the Vile Parle VFS branch as well. Not received any integra verifications yet.

All the best.

hsmppune

Post by hsmppune » Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:41 am

Hi cdraina,

I went through my EC process yesterday. One anomaly I noticed when i came back was, I was asked to take a copy of the hsmp points proforma, but I was not asked for this copy when i went for documents submission.

Can you please confirm if you have to submit the original hsmp points proforma and a copy of the same to the VFS officer?

Looking forward to a quick response.

Thanks

Daslimy1

Post by Daslimy1 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:34 am

Hi ALL,
I submitted my orignal driving licence..and no wedding photo's were submitted coz i thought it was stupid of me to do so..since a marriage certifcate is better proof!...My HSMP profoma was printed..i submitted two copies.....I must say that the VFS guys were really not sure of the documents ...they rearranged everything...and kept asking me if I wanted to submit more documents..I insisted that even if u dont need it..please add to the application and I am sure of getting it back..I submitted on thursday last week..Integra got in touch with my HR on monday and my HR replied them on tuesday..I am not sure of how they got my HR..i gave my managers details in Integra form..i work in a big MNC..and Iam aware of some people who have gone to UK on HSMP previously..MY HR said they would not give any information of active employees..so iam not sure what was replied my HR refused to give me anymore details..so i have my fingers crossed!..

Cheers!
Everything comes to an end eventully...

lion686

Post by lion686 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:00 am

Daslimy1,

This employer verfication by integra is real pain in mule for us now days. if we get teh visa for sure we need nt wry..but if sometg backfires from visa we have to answer hell lota thgs to the company.now in my comp they are askin me to aply for WP , but they came to knw later that i had aplied HSMP..now they are waiting for my visa..if i don get the visa ,my company has told me they cant aply for WP as i already might have a rejection and my WP wil also get rejected.. :oops: (their assumption)...

Is there anytg liek if we get HSMP rejeted & we go for WP visa the BHC wil look in to ths keenly & highr chance of rejection in WP too??

had anyone got WP after their HSMP got rejected first time?

btw, today is day 11 after i applied for my EC :wink: :?:
Lion