ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Reckonable residence with absent over 6 weeks,Childbenfit

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

alegalalien

Reckonable residence with absent over 6 weeks,Childbenfit

Post by alegalalien » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:33 pm

Hi All,

My wife is about to meet 3 year of reckonable residence in Ireland. She will be qualified to apply for Irish citizen through naturalization. I have a couple of questions:
- This has the absent time or vacation longer than 6 weeks out of the country, will it affect the application date ? will she need to wait for longer reckonable residency ?
- She gets the Child Benefit, is it counted as the social assistance payment as stated in the application form ?
- Do we need to copy all of the passport pages other than the biopage and residence stamp pages ?

Thanks alot.
Alien.

jumanufer

Re: Reckonable residence with absent over 6 weeks,Childbenfi

Post by jumanufer » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:49 pm

alegalalien wrote:Hi All,

My wife is about to meet 3 year of reckonable residence in Ireland. She will be qualified to apply for Irish citizen through naturalization. I have a couple of questions:
- This has the absent time or vacation longer than 6 weeks out of the country, will it affect the application date ? will she need to wait for longer reckonable residency ?
- She gets the Child Benefit, is it counted as the social assistance payment as stated in the application form ?
- Do we need to copy all of the passport pages other than the biopage and residence stamp pages ?

Thanks alot.
Alien.

Hi there, child benefit does not count as welfare assistance, so in that question put NO.
She does really need to send all pages of her passport, although only the data-page needs to be signed by the solicitor, all the rest of pages normal copy should be fine.

In relation with the absence of holidays, it is up to them. That could easily be an excuse to reject the naturalisation or maybe they will approve it. I would give a try if I were you. If that is seen in the stamps of the passport, do not hide it at all, just mention it in the application and the reason (ie visiting family etc).

alegalalien

Re: Reckonable residence with absent over 6 weeks,Childbenfi

Post by alegalalien » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:56 pm

Thanks alot for your response jumanufer ^^