ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship Referees

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

elizabethgrantsmith
Newly Registered

British Citizenship Referees

Post by elizabethgrantsmith » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:58 pm

Anyone know if the following individuals and how they are known to the applicant are eligible as referees for British naturalisation application?

1. Non-British Professional Accountant (working in the UK) introduced through a mutual friend. Now she is also a friend.
2. British Citizen - Former work colleague

noajthan

Re: British Citizenship Referees

Post by noajthan » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:12 pm

elizabethgrantsmith wrote:Anyone know if the following individuals and how they are known to the applicant are eligible as referees for British naturalisation application?

1. Non-British Professional Accountant (working in the UK) introduced through a mutual friend. Now she is also a friend.
2. British Citizen - Former work colleague
Yes, if known to you for 3 years or more and:
not related to you or each other;
not your representative;
not a HO employee;
no unspent convictions

#2 to be a professional or else aged over 25 years old
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

elizabethgrantsmith
Newly Registered

Post by elizabethgrantsmith » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:55 pm

noajthan wrote: Yes, if known to you for 3 years or more and:
not related to you or each other;
not your representative;
not a HO employee;
no unspent convictions

#2 to be a professional or else aged over 25 years old
How about friend? Are friends allowed as referees if they are friends for more than 3 years and not representative etc.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:37 pm

elizabethgrantsmith wrote:How about friend? Are friends allowed as referees if they are friends for more than 3 years and not representative etc.
Yes, as long as they are over 25 and British and are of good character (i.e no convictions or bankruptcy etc).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

elizabethgrantsmith
Newly Registered

Post by elizabethgrantsmith » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:26 pm

CR001 wrote:Yes, as long as they are over 25 and British and are of good character (i.e no convictions or bankruptcy etc).
I am confused now. So both referee friends should be British citizen? Or 1 friend can be a British citizen and other non-British? I have a non-British accountant friend who is lawfully working in the UK over 25 years old. Can she be a referee?

kishorekv

Post by kishorekv » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:31 pm

Hi,

Both referess need not be British Citizens. One of them can be of any Nationality. As mentioned by you, the Accountant whom you know should be fine.

Regards
Kishore

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:33 pm

elizabethgrantsmith wrote:
CR001 wrote:Yes, as long as they are over 25 and British and are of good character (i.e no convictions or bankruptcy etc).
I am confused now. So both referee friends should be British citizen? Or 1 friend can be a British citizen and other non-British? I have a non-British accountant friend who is lawfully working in the UK over 25 years old. Can she be a referee?
It is the professional referee that can be of any nationality (in your case the accountant). The other referee has to be over 25 and British.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.