ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (General) ILR Approved

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ram14esh

Tier 1 (General) ILR Approved

Post by ram14esh » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:28 pm

First would like to thank this forum for guiding me to take right decision at the right time.
I had to travel to outside of UK for almost 6 months for my kids treatment and have returned to UK and continued working and got my ILR now. Details below.

Total number of yrs in UK = 6yrs (done 2 extensions - Tier-1 General) to cover my initial late entry and 6 months out of the country travel. Note that I had been in permanent employment in reputed MNC's all 6yrs.
My ILR approved on basis of compassionate reasons. I had provided them bunch of medical letters including doctors letters in UK as the treatment is being continued in UK. I had split my 6 months travel under 2 qualifying year so that makes not in any period i had spend more than 180days outside UK which is the actual requirement for ILR.

Y1 = 30+ days absence
Y2 = 90+ days absence
Y3 = 90+ days absence
Y4 = 90+ days absence
Y5 = 30+ days absence

For all of these I have provided absence letters from my employers and also submitted only payslips and bank-statements but had P60 and all 6yrs bank statements in my hand just in case if asked but it was not asked. Other than this I have submitted UK NARIC Letter for english language + University Letter and Original degree certificate for qualification.

Hope that my post clarified people in same boat with confusion about 180days,compassionate reasons for ILR and P60 is also not necessary. If i can be of any help pls post your queries i will try my best to respond with what ever experience i had during my ILR application. Also caseworker was kind and polite and helpful.

avi59
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 (General) ILR Approved

Post by avi59 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:09 pm

Congratulations ram14esh

I also have a situation of more than 180 days spent out side UK. actually I was working abroad on a company project for exact 180 days from mid January to mid July in 2013 during this period my salary was paid here in UK in salary account I have all those payslips as well. and after returning to UK I really wanted some time off so went on a month long holiday but it was all paid no break in salary or employment at all through out since I came to UK only last year I left that company and joined another. so would they calculate absence days in each financial calendar year or each year(365 days) starting from the day I received my Tier1G?

screenprint

Post by screenprint » Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:10 am

ram14esh wrote:First would like to thank this forum for guiding me to take right decision at the right time.
I had to travel to outside of UK for almost 6 months for my kids treatment and have returned to UK and continued working and got my ILR now. Details below.

Total number of yrs in UK = 6yrs (done 2 extensions - Tier-1 General) to cover my initial late entry and 6 months out of the country travel. Note that I had been in permanent employment in reputed MNC's all 6yrs.
My ILR approved on basis of compassionate reasons. I had provided them bunch of medical letters including doctors letters in UK as the treatment is being continued in UK. I had split my 6 months travel under 2 qualifying year so that makes not in any period i had spend more than 180days outside UK which is the actual requirement for ILR.

Y1 = 30+ days absence
Y2 = 90+ days absence
Y3 = 90+ days absence
Y4 = 90+ days absence
Y5 = 30+ days absence

For all of these I have provided absence letters from my employers and also submitted only payslips and bank-statements but had P60 and all 6yrs bank statements in my hand just in case if asked but it was not asked. Other than this I have submitted UK NARIC Letter for english language + University Letter and Original degree certificate for qualification.

Hope that my post clarified people in same boat with confusion about 180days,compassionate reasons for ILR and P60 is also not necessary. If i can be of any help pls post your queries i will try my best to respond with what ever experience i had during my ILR application. Also caseworker was kind and polite and helpful.

Congratulation

RRSB2012

Post by RRSB2012 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:17 pm

Avi,

For absences, they will look at last five 12 month periods, starting from the date of application.
Regards
R

avi59
Newly Registered

Post by avi59 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:27 am

Thanks RRSB2012,
in one of those 12 months period my total absence days are 207 of which 180 days continuous working abroad for UK based company and after few days staying in UK I went on 27 days paid holiday. so would they see it as break in continuous period in UK?