ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC Application - My Findings

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cdraina

Post by cdraina » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:06 am

Thanks Reshma/Anthopogon.

I seek your advise on my EC case. I plan to go to the UK in Jan 2008.

My wife (who's expecting a child in April) will join me after the delivery in May/June. After the child's birth she will get the child's name attached to her passport.

Would you recommend me to apply for my wife's EC along with mine? OR shall I wait till my child's birth and then apply for EC for both of them?

In case I apply for my wife's EC along with mine, will we have to file a seperate EC for the kid or would the inclusion of child's name on my wife's passport be sufficient (since she will have an EC on her passport)?

Regards,
CD

Anthopogon

Post by Anthopogon » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:28 am

xxxxxxxx
Last edited by Anthopogon on Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cdraina

Post by cdraina » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:32 am

Thanks Anthopogon!

The first one seems to be a good idea. Let me research on it.

Regards,
Cd

anugandla
Newly Registered

EC Application - My Findings

Post by anugandla » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:22 am

Hi All,

Recently I got HSMP approval.I am applying for EC in Mumbai. As I have to show 4-5 lacs of rupees as a bank balance for my initial expenditures. I have the follwing sources of income
1. Taken a 1.20 lacs personal loan which is credited in my savings salary account.
For this what are the documents i need to show.?

2. Three lacs of rupees in my father 's savings account This amount is scattered in his 3 savings account(I can club the total amount in to one account).

Can you tell the detailed documents which i have to submit to the EC in my Case.

Just the above documentation is pending for my EC application Can you please guide me on this.

Thanks,
Rajkumar.

cdraina

Post by cdraina » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:06 am

Hi friends,

I submitted my EC application today. I had taken a prior appointment and reached the place before time. Since there weren't many people I was called for the process 30 min. before the scheduled appointment. Btw I submitted my application at VFS-UK in Vile Parle (MUMBAI)

On entry I was asked to submit my mobile and my bag. They let me in with the documents files only. VFS accepted cash for visa charges and charged me Rs. 100 for DD charges. I that was more than the actual DD charges but fair deal considering that I did not have to wait in the Bank to get the DD.

After waiting for about 30 minutes I was called by the representative to submit my documents. The VFS representative did not seem to experienced with handling HSMP cases and did not provide any guidance regarding the required documents.

I had neatly made three different sets of documents for EC, Integra and "the documents sent with HSMP application". I had explained each and every document (in the order) in my covering letter.

All that he (VFS representative) did was talk to my documents arrangement. He insisted to accept documents in the way he felt comfortable, there was no guidline per se that he was following. So all said and done my cover letter will not make sense any more. And the last nail in the coffin was when, after hodge-podging my application, he SHAMELESSLY asked "would you like to submit a cover letter?"

The VFS representative refused to accept my original driving license as a part of documents submitted with HSMP application. He insisted that I submit a Xerox of the same. Logically if BHC wants to re-evaluate my HSMP application they can obtain my date of birth from the passport. But there have been instances where the EC application were rejected as the applicant did not submit Driving license or birth certificate. I am not very confident about my application after this.

Then I was directed to the biometric data collection representative. I guess the biometric data collection system did not like my face. It was not ready to accept my photograph at all. On every attempt it gave an error "front view not proper". The representative kept trying for more than 70 minutes. I swear she must have taken atleast 200 shots. For a moment I felt that they are playing "BAKRA" on me. Finally they set an over-ride for that error and submitted my pic with the "front view not proper" error.

And the least I could expect after all this was the statement from the VFS representative: "We have done the best we could. In case BHS had an objection on your photograph you will be called for another photography session or may be requested to attend the interview".

Getting out was as smooth as getting in. Atleast they don't charge the applicants for keeping mobiles in the lockers (VFS USA charges Rs. 200 for this so called service).

So here's my EC application experience in short. I would request you to share your experience about submitting the "Driving license" with the EC application and the subsequent result.

Cheers!
CD

thirdwave
Member of Standing

Post by thirdwave » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:39 am

Anthopogon wrote:Hi CD,
Congratulation in advance.

You hv two choices.
1. Take your wife w you and send her back with new children to India with his/her British Passport(if I am not mistaken, there is a legal provision citizen by birth, pls check British Citizenship Rule to cnfm). Perhaps your wife needs you at her critical period(emotional suggestion)

2. Wait till your child birth and apply EC for both of them.

Good Luck
Following amendments to the Nationality Act 1981, children born in the UK only qualify for registration as British Citizens if one of the parents is present and settled in the UK ( i.e. British national or having ILR). The OP would be able to add the child on his visa as a dependent and apply for registration as soon as he is granted ILR in 5 years time. If, on the other hand, the child is born outside the UK but joins the OP later on as a dependent, he/she would qualify for ILR along with her parents and would be able to apply for naturalisation a year later..

My suggestion would be to not risk the mother's and the unborn baby's wellbeing by making her travel so late into her pregnancy. The quality of obstetric and neonatal care in parts of the UK are a disgrace and it would be much better to have the baby in a decent private hospital in India with good facilities (not to mention family support network in India which would be absolutely crucial during the period)

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:47 pm

i wouldn't worry in that drivers licence is not going to be a crucial part of any application.

But it does make me sick that VFS offices make decisions like this when it is not their job. I have had applications refused before because the VFS office refused to allow wedding photgraphs and photographs of the UK property to be submitted. They are overstepping their authority daily.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

HSMPQueries

Post by HSMPQueries » Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:29 pm

Hi Victoria,

I applied for my EC along with my wife as the dependent on the 14th. We submitted our marriage certificate, however, did not provide any photo or wedding card. Do you this this could pose as a problem?

Thanks.

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:42 pm

VFS people are useless...When i had gone for my EC at Bombay(1 year before),they first removed all my papers ,changed the order , then had a look at my cover letter (which had right order).They realised their mistake(thankfully) and told me to rearrange every paper...
They didnt allow my photograph altough it was as per specification( ihad called up VFS day before and got the specs),they ordered me to get another photo and charged 100 Rs for the same..
They are just making money, and mis guiding people..

HSMPQueries

Post by HSMPQueries » Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:11 pm

I agree with you. Despite all the days off for their so called trainings, they have absolutely no clue on the the document requirements.

Since they decide what documents should not be included and what documents are inappropriate, they should also be in a position to give us a list of documents required. All they say is that the evidence we wish to provide is up to us.

cdraina

Post by cdraina » Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:50 am

Victoria,

Firstly, I have seen cases being rejected because the BHC expected all the documents that were submitted with the HSMP application. In my case I submitted DL as a proof of age with my HSMP application. In case BHC expects that in Original with my application and only find a copy of the same, I am not confident about my chances.

Secondly, the VFS officials have an incentive for every rejected application as it means more money (in second application fee) for VFS. Looks like its a very well planned strategy on part of VFS.

Thanks!
CD

kmehta

Post by kmehta » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:19 am

its true that VFS officers dont know much with new form. I have applied for EC at VFS Ahmedabad on 05 dec. My wife went for submission. first they make their own order of documents so all ur efforts vanish. and surprisingly vfs officer was not aware what should my wife's accomodation address in form. she informed as your husband is applying for HSMP with you, address of accomodation can not be same!!! then she forced to write down in application form that husband hsmp application is processing alongwith this!!!

pdeshpande

Post by pdeshpande » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:56 am

cdraina wrote:Victoria,

Firstly, I have seen cases being rejected because the BHC expected all the documents that were submitted with the HSMP application. In my case I submitted DL as a proof of age with my HSMP application. In case BHC expects that in Original with my application and only find a copy of the same, I am not confident about my chances.

Secondly, the VFS officials have an incentive for every rejected application as it means more money (in second application fee) for VFS. Looks like its a very well planned strategy on part of VFS.

Thanks!
CD
Dear cdraina,

In my case too they did not accept the original driving license. I tried convincing the lady that this was part of my age proof, but still she refused, and later told me if I want to submit a potocopy, it will be fine, ad so I did it. Later I mailed BHC and told about this incident. I got a reply back from them saying that tey have noted the same and I got my EC.

Regards,

pdeshpande

cdraina

Post by cdraina » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:03 am

Dear P Deshpande,

congratulations on your EC stamping. Please help me with the BHC email id, I will try to write them too.

Thanks,
CD

pdeshpande

Post by pdeshpande » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:11 am

cdraina,

you are applying from which city? I had applied from Mumbai

Regards,

pdeshpande

cdraina

Post by cdraina » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:11 am

I applied from Mumbai too, so I guess the same email id applies :)

pdeshpande

Post by pdeshpande » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:17 pm

Hi cdraina,

You can mail to the following email address :

Bombay.VisaEnquiries@fco.gov.uk

Regards,

pdeshpande

Daslimy1

Post by Daslimy1 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:43 pm

Just got information from my HR that they have refused to confirm any details for integra verification, its against company policy..They also informed my manager which makes matters worse..What are my chances of getting EC now....if refused would i reapply or appeal..I am very demotivated at this point..any one else face this situation before...

Thanks
Everything comes to an end eventully...

lion686

Post by lion686 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:15 pm

Daslimy1,

hard to read and if the EC gets recjected if i where in your position i will write a email to the CEO explaing the fact. we are not asking them or begging the comp to lie something..jus we need their help in confirmation on our credentials. wudnt they reply or approve the verification if you apply for home loan & they come for verification?? This shws the poor attitude of company and its suk**g policy..

you don loose heart. If your HR had replied them teling she cant confirm then it doesnt mean ur details are fake, so wait for decision..all de best..keep prayin..
Lion

Daslimy1

Post by Daslimy1 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:25 pm

Thanks Lion... I really have my fingers crossed now!!

Cheers!
Everything comes to an end eventully...

rely

Post by rely » Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:32 am

No they want refuse it.
Confirm that your office recd a call.But I suggest you send an e-mail and also a fax explaining this scenario.Clearly mention that it is against company policy thats why they refused to divulge this information.
rely

Daslimy1 wrote:Just got information from my HR that they have refused to confirm any details for integra verification, its against company policy..They also informed my manager which makes matters worse..What are my chances of getting EC now....if refused would i reapply or appeal..I am very demotivated at this point..any one else face this situation before...

Thanks

mohd irshad ali
Newly Registered

Post by mohd irshad ali » Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:57 pm

HI FROM_INDIA,
The way u explain was really excellent, and i am surprise that i followed the same tips and prevented my self from any remark. Thanku for ur valuable suggestion.

gmhsmp

Post by gmhsmp » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:16 am

Hi Cdraina ..

any updates on your application ?

Im very eagar to hear a good news from you.

Regards,

GM

Achtung

Post by Achtung » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:19 am

Daslimy1 wrote:Just got information from my HR that they have refused to confirm any details for integra verification, its against company policy..They also informed my manager which makes matters worse..What are my chances of getting EC now....if refused would i reapply or appeal..I am very demotivated at this point..any one else face this situation before...

Thanks
hey did the INTEGRA guys tell your HR that you have applied for HSMP VISA...just interested to know they tried to verify the information...
I fear I may come into the same situation....

cdraina

Post by cdraina » Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:20 pm

Hi GM,

I don't think my HR has replied to the integra mail yet. HR department in most companies is the slowest moving department :) So am not expecting any news till Jan 15.

Hi Achtung,

BHC did not mention about HSMP or any visa type in the mail or phone. They just said that we want to verify the details regarding a visa application with us.

Wish you all a very happy new year. Hope we all can celebrate next new-year's eve together in the UK.

Cheers w/o beers!
CD