ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA unmarried partner visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

31gstonepark
Newly Registered

EEA unmarried partner visa

Post by 31gstonepark » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:16 pm

I wonder if someone could help me.

I am EEA national living in UK for many years working here full-time. Hold permanent residence permit since last year. My partner has been illegal here for many years. We been together for over two years. Can we apply for a non-married partner visa for him if he currently stays here illegally? What form should be used ? EEA2?

We’ve been together for a few years now but initially he was staying over with me and I was staying over with him (as obviously you don’t expect one living together from the very beginning of dating). Last year I bought a tiny apartment and he has been staying with me there. I never thought of putting his name on any of the bills until recently. Now however I am not sure how we can prove that we have a relationship akin to marriage for two years in order to apply. What could be seen as evidence?

And if it get refused could we get married as a last resort. My partners immigration position is really worrying me and I think its time to sort it out. Thank you for all replies in advance.

acuevas
Newly Registered

Re: EEA unmarried partner visa

Post by acuevas » Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:14 pm

I think EEA EFM is the form. You need to prove that you have a relationship for more than 2 years and willing to marry.

Good luck

noajthan

Re: EEA unmarried partner visa

Post by noajthan » Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:31 pm

31gstonepark wrote:I wonder if someone could help me.

I am EEA national living in UK for many years working here full-time. Hold permanent residence permit since last year. My partner has been illegal here for many years. We been together for over two years. Can we apply for a non-married partner visa for him if he currently stays here illegally? What form should be used ? EEA2?

We've been together for a few years now but initially he was staying over with me and I was staying over with him ...
Now however I am not sure how we can prove that we have a relationship akin to marriage for two years in order to apply. What could be seen as evidence?

And if it get refused could we get married as a last resort. My partners immigration position is really worrying me and I think its time to sort it out. Thank you for all replies in advance.
You can see what's required to convince HO caseworker of an unmarried relationship 'akin to marriage' here.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _clean.pdf

In a nutshell you need good, if not unimpeachable, supporting documentary evidence. if you don't have it now then start collecting it and apply in around two years time.
Joint bills, joint accounts, joint tenancy or other housing documents may prove a challenge if one party is 'illegal'.

To marry you need to approach a designated registrar's office.
The registrar will advise HO and the notice period for such a case will be 70 days giving HO time to get in touch and interview etc.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.