ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

6 Years DLR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

siliconegel

6 Years DLR

Post by siliconegel » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:04 pm

Hi Guys,

Happy New Year to everyone.

I am confused as to when I will be completing 6 years of discretionary leave. Here is my background:

Was issued DLR (outside the rules). The judge made the decision in March 2012 and I received the passport from Home Office with the Limited Leave To Remain Vignette Sticker is September 2012 valid for 3 years. Made new application for extension in September 2015.

My question is if DLR is valid from March 2012 or September 2012?

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: 6 Years DLR

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:08 pm

September 2012
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

siliconegel

Post by siliconegel » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:25 pm

Thanks. Why not March 2012 as that is when I won my appeal in court?

siliconegel

Post by siliconegel » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:29 pm

Can anyone respond to what is the average processing time for DLR extension (outside the rules). Thanks.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:48 pm

Difficult question:
To answer your question, one will have to know how many DLR applications have been made within a given time period and the time taken to decide each of those applications. It is not matematically possible to calculate average time without these two vital pieces of information! I don't think anyone on the forum would have this information collated anywhere. You can search for timelines posted on the forum or make an FOI request to get this information from HO, and then calculate the average.

All anyone here can do is guess!
My "guess" is that it can take anywhere between 3 months to 18 months for a DLR application to be decided. Do search for other guesses / timelines already posted.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

siliconegel

Post by siliconegel » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:35 am

Thanks Sudeshmehta. 3 - 18 months is a very long time. Life is at a stop without passport and visas. I made application 4 months and no response. Is it advisable to contact my MP for an answer?

siliconegel

Form for Indefinite Leave To Remain

Post by siliconegel » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:47 am

Hello,

Can anyone please advise what application form to submit for Indefinite Leave To Remain for a person who is completing 6 years of discretionary leave to remain.

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Form for Indefinite Leave To Remain

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:17 am

Set(O), under the 'other reasons not covered by immigration rules' category.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nangee
Newly Registered

Re: Form for Indefinite Leave To Remain

Post by nangee » Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:33 am

Hi
I am applying for the same visa for my husband who has completed 2x 3 years discretionary leave, since 2010.
can i ask you a couple of questions? Have you done your uk for life test and on my husbands passport it says limited leave to remain is that the same as on yours? thank you very much