ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First british passport for child - parents birth certificate

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

BKK006
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

First british passport for child - parents birth certificate

Post by BKK006 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:19 pm

Hi all.. Please can you help with the below query on applying british passport for my child.

I got ILR in sep 2014. Applied for naturalization in Oct 2015. Child born mar 2016 and I received my naturalization approval also i mar 2016.

On the basis if ILR received in sep 2014, my child gets automatic British citizenship. I am not naturalised yet (i.e. Ceremony pending)

On my childs passport application- for supporting documents i need to provide my full birth certificate as i dont have naturalization certificate or british passport. My full birth certificate does not have my name as back in my country (India) when i was born birth registration was mandatory not the name. Will a birth certificate without my name be accepted for my childs passport application? I am afraid not but what are the other options on this please?

vinny

Re: First british passport for child - parents birth certifi

Post by vinny » Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:38 pm

If your son was born in the UK, then proof of your settled status prior to his birth.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

BKK006
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by BKK006 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:07 pm

Hi Vinny, I will provide the "settled" proof irrespective. However, please refer pg 14, Table A, point 1 in this guide for supporting documents.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ssport.pdf

I even visited the post office with all the proofs but they did not accept to approve and send my application as I need to show any of the below support documents. Since I dont have the british passport or the naturalisation details the post office guys are asking for the full birth certificate, They even quoted examples from the past and said a few applications got rejected which were sent without the parents' full birth certificate

"
their British passport number (provided in Section 4 of the application form) or
• full birth certificate, or
• certificate of registration or naturalisation, and
• if this is your father, also provide his marriage certificate to your mother.
(This does not apply for those born or adopted on or after 1 July 2006 or samesex
adoptions.)
"

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:18 pm

Your birth certificate (with or without name included) is clearly not going to prove anything about your current immigration status in UK.

Passport guidance, Table A #1 clearly doesn't apply to you (yet).

See Table A #2:
Evidence of one of your parents’ immigration status in the UK at the time of your birth
- eg proof of ILR (BRP)

And see forum FAQs, Q1:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... ml#p592355
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

BKK006
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by BKK006 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:11 pm

Hi noajthan, thanks for the clarification. If i have understood it right, i need to just provide the ILR proof as supporting document to the post office. I was refused application by the post office clerk and theh did not take my application and hence the confusion...

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:45 pm

BKK006 wrote:Hi noajthan, thanks for the clarification. If i have understood it right, i need to just provide the ILR proof as supporting document to the post office. I was refused application by the post office clerk and they did not take my application and hence the confusion...
That's my understanding.
The post office clerk is not an immigration official.

The child is entitled to a passport so you just have to prove child's identity, your relationship to child and your immigration status.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.