ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

quilomb
Newly Registered

Re: Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Post by quilomb » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:06 am

This is my timeline. I am an EEA national (Polish).

Documents sent: 7/12/2015
Documents received: 8/12/15
Payment taken: 14/12/15
Confirmation email received: 6/1/2016
Passport requested: 28/1/2016
Passport received: 13/2/2016
DCPR dated: 3/3/2016
DCPR received: 24/3/2016

gipsymermaid
Newly Registered

Post by gipsymermaid » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:10 am

ohara wrote:
gipsymermaid wrote:Hi there,

Great forum, hope it's OK to ask my question here. I'm about to make a PR application as an EU national (Brexit fears and all that lol), and I'm wondering if what I have for supporting documents etc are good enough.

My case should be quite simple (hopefully...), because shortly after my arrival I have started working for my employer, registered for WRS etc, and it's where I've been since, no change of work, no change of address. But... there come my questions:

1. I have lost one of my P60 forms. Luckily my employer gave me another copy, but it has "duplicate" written on it with massive block capitals lol, so I wonder if that's accepted, or should I ask for something else as well from HMRC or something?

2. Some of my later P60s are "substitutes" too, I guess this means that they are done online now and they are printed, so is that going to be acceptable, or again, should I include something else with them just in case?

3. For one year, I don't seem to have any wage slips, is that OK to replace them with stamped bank statements?

4. I'm on quite a low income (working part-time) and I don't pay any bills (my partner does, who was the reason of the whole moving thing lol), is that going to be a problem? I have NHS and DVLA correspondence for most years I think, but they won't look at whethere I'm "self-sufficient", will they?

5. The leaves section of the form - do I really have to list all holidays I've left the UK for? I have only left for a week's period maximum since I moved here, but they have been quite frequent, do I have to fill these in? I can only remember last year's lol.

6. If for any reason my application will be rejected, I won't have to leave, will I? I've started studying too whilst working... if it gets rejected, I will still be able to continue and remain at my workplace, and with my partner, right?

7. How long do you think it's going to take? I want to have my card before the referendum lol.

Maybe I'm worrying too much lol but any reply would be much appreciated from you guys, thanks a lot! I might return with more questions, I haven't started filling in the form yet, I just had a rough look at the 85 pages and started gathering the documents.

Thanks a lot.
Welcome :)

PR itself is an automatic thing; all you are doing is applying for a document which confirms you have it. The document won't give you any extra rights, and is only really useful if you are aiming to apply for British citizenship (as it is now required for such applications).

1. Shouldn't be a problem.

2. Get your HR manager to stamp / sign them if possible. They can also give you a letter on company headed paper confirming the dates you have been employed there.

3. Sure, it's probably best to put in bank statements from all 5 years (just a month's worth from each year).

4. You cannot be working and self sufficient at the same time. Do you have anything else in your name? Mobile phone contract etc?

5. Only need to list absences from the start of your qualifying period until present, not from the date you first entered the UK, no matter what the form or guidance says.

6. Either you have PR or you don't, it's binary and there is no middle ground. You are entitled to residence documentation under the EEA regulations and HO can't reject you just because they feel like it. That said, you need to submit solid evidence to prove that you have indeed acquired PR. Your right to work or live with your partner will absolutely not be affected by the outcome of this application. Nobody knows what will happen after the referendum but it's extremely unlikely that you will just be kicked out.

7. Applications for EEA nationals seem to be taking 6-8 weeks at the moment.
Thanks for your helpful reply! I will just get my employer to sign and write me a letter then, that will be quicker than waiting for additional HMRC documents.

Perhaps I misunderstood something about the self-sufficient bit, I thought it meant to be able to live on my own income only, rather than "giving myself" income, so I think I'm OK then, I do have car insurance, and other correspondence so if that's enough as proof of address then I should be OK?

However, even if the absences just refer to the qualifying period (last 5 years for me), I'm still unable to list them all, I've been to many short breaks, 4-5 days, either back to my own country for family visits or just on holidays elsewhere. Is it going to be a problem if I just put the last couple of occasions?

Thanks again, it's appreciated! I would like to gain BC eventually, but it didn't feel important until the referendum, so now I'm starting to make these steps towards it... (Maybe my partner and I should get married so he could apply for one in my country too just in case he loses EU-citizenship being British lol)

Moye
Mood:
Germany

Post by Moye » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:46 am

Vingam wrote:
Hi Ciaocico,

he wrote it in the message. He received the 2nd of March. 46 days. Almost 7 weeks.

I submitted it the 24th of April and it will be 50 days the 14th of April.
I will start to wait for it by that time...

use this to play with the dates http://www.timeanddate.com/date/dateadd.html
That's a great time calculation webpage. Thanks for that.
:mrgreen:

Ahamansu
Newly Registered

Post by Ahamansu » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:02 am

Dear all,
I am new to this but I hope I will get some help as I am so confused.Iam the spouse of EEA national.I applied for my PR by ROYAL MAIL next day delivery on the 24/03/2016.My resident card expires on the 28/03/2016.Friday the 25th is a bank holiday, royal mail say home office do not receive posts on weekend and monday the 28th of march is a bank holiday-no deliveries.As you can see, my mail will be received on the 29/03/2016.
My question is, will this be classified as out of time application? and will this affect employer check results when COA is issued? I was thinking since Iam a spouse of EEA citizen then the issue intime of out time appliacation should not affect me as i have free movement in EEA member states.Please help

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:13 am

Ahamansu wrote:My question is, will this be classified as out of time application? and will this affect employer check results when COA is issued? I was thinking since Iam a spouse of EEA citizen then the issue intime of out time appliacation should not affect me as i have free movement in EEA member states.Please help
Don't panic. There is no "out of time" for EEA route applications. Residence card isn't even mandatory, as long as your EEA family member is here, you are legal.

magdazdeb
Newly Registered

Post by magdazdeb » Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:12 pm

i have a problem and need n advice.
I get refusal letter dated 12th of march, but i opened it today as i was on holiday.
Home office saying i did not register with WRS but i did and i sent them my wrs with my current employee name on it dated November 2008 with all the other papers. So now i am confused ... did they miss this ?I ad maiden name on it but i also attached my marriage certificate. it was definitely with my application as i just took it out of the envelope home office send me back.
They want £80 for appeal, but why i should pay for somebodys mistake ?
Anyway letter says 14 calendar days, so it's too late ... what now ? can i apply again ?
really no idea what to do in this situation as they had no reason to refuse ...
letter dated 12th, but i picked it up from post office on the 17th, 18th morning gone holiday for a week.
can somebody advise please ? what is the best email or phone nr to home office ?
thank you

magdazdeb
Newly Registered

Post by magdazdeb » Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:40 pm

magdazdeb wrote:i have a problem and need n advice.
I get refusal letter dated 12th of march, but i opened it today as i was on holiday.
Home office saying i did not register with WRS but i did and i sent them my wrs with my current employee name on it dated November 2008 with all the other papers. So now i am confused ... did they miss this ?I ad maiden name on it but i also attached my marriage certificate. it was definitely with my application as i just took it out of the envelope home office send me back.
They want £80 for appeal, but why i should pay for somebodys mistake ?
Anyway letter says 14 calendar days, so it's too late ... what now ? can i apply again ?
really no idea what to do in this situation as they had no reason to refuse ...
letter dated 12th, but i picked it up from post office on the 17th, 18th morning gone holiday for a week.
can somebody advise please ? what is the best email or phone nr to home office ?
thank you

Also would like to add home office put 2 different reference numbers on my documents.

On th refusal letter says 2030...
on the reason for refusal 2020.... rest is the same .
even this they can;t get right

prcame
Newly Registered

Post by prcame » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:18 pm

Cleberuk wrote:My time line for EEA(PR) Application as non EU Family Member.

Application sent : 29/09/15
Received : 30/09/15
Payment taken : Postal order sent with application
Biometric : 12/10/15
COA : 03/11/15 (with right to work)
PR : Still Waiting

5 months and 21 days today. :?
Are you still waiting for your pr card. Hopefully you will receive it soon. My one dated back 28th of february but someone mess up my pr card and did not sent it within 10 days but im not worried because they sent me a letter of confirmation that i have granted a pr. Now finally they will sent it this wednesday ny special delivery. Hope yours will come soon

prcame
Newly Registered

Post by prcame » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:22 pm

Ahamansu wrote:Dear all,
I am new to this but I hope I will get some help as I am so confused.Iam the spouse of EEA national.I applied for my PR by ROYAL MAIL next day delivery on the 24/03/2016.My resident card expires on the 28/03/2016.Friday the 25th is a bank holiday, royal mail say home office do not receive posts on weekend and monday the 28th of march is a bank holiday-no deliveries.As you can see, my mail will be received on the 29/03/2016.
My question is, will this be classified as out of time application? and will this affect employer check results when COA is issued? I was thinking since Iam a spouse of EEA citizen then the issue intime of out time appliacation should not affect me as i have free movement in EEA member states.Please help

You should not worry about this because you are only applying for a paper but you already have a pr status as long as you have all the supporting documents for this application. If you are working and need a confirmation letter you just have to email them and maybe process a letter of confirmation.

Aamir_90
Newly Registered

Post by Aamir_90 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:12 pm

Hi all,
I'm a spouse of uk citizen, I got my leave to remain in June last year for 2 n half years. Can I move to Ireland with my British wife for eea treaty rights to invite my parents to stay with us ?

aiatalama
Newly Registered

URGENT QUERIES PLZ HELP

Post by aiatalama » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:01 pm

Hi guys,

So sorry for inundating you with questions but I have to be sure I have got everything right before I submit. After all, £65 is a lot of money. So, here is my background. I am a 26 year old Portuguese woman, who has lived here since 1994. I want to apply for the PR card. I was going to apply as a student between the years of 2001- 2006 as a secondary school student, but due to me not having comprehensive health insurance, I've decided to apply as a part time worker who was studying at University. My qualifying period is from 2009-2014.

1) I had a period where I applied for ESA, BUT my p60 covers this period, do I still have to state this?
2) Providing a p60 for each year plus letters from employers, is this sufficient evidence for treaty rights?
3) Residency documentation, 1 hospital letter and 1 bank statement per year, is this enough?
4) Do I provide student loan entitlement letters for proof of support? Or do they class that as being supported by the state.
5) If I don't submit the PR form, how else do they get relevant information?
6) Do I need to provide prior or latter evidence from the qualifying period?
7) The question for absences in the UK, does it have to be the whole period in the UK or just the 'qualifying period'?
8) Does one year abroad for University count as an absence and if yes, will this hinder chances of acceptance?

As I was 19-24 in this period and living with my mother, I do not have things like council tax letters, rent agreements etc etc. So, I cannot provide that as evidence, will this be ok?

Cleberuk
Newly Registered

Post by Cleberuk » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:03 pm

prcame wrote:

Application sent : 29/09/15
Received : 30/09/15
Payment taken : Postal order sent with application
Biometric : 12/10/15
COA : 03/11/15 (with right to work)
PR : Still Waiting

5 months and 21 days today. :?
Are you still waiting for your pr card. Hopefully you will receive it soon. My one dated back 28th of february but someone mess up my pr card and did not sent it within 10 days but im not worried because they sent me a letter of confirmation that i have granted a pr. Now finally they will sent it this wednesday ny special delivery. Hope yours will come soon

Nothing atm, still waiting. I hope to get it soon. Thanks a lot

rjpantherwalks
Newly Registered

Post by rjpantherwalks » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:25 pm

Hello everyone, it's been a while since I last ventured here :) I don't remember the password and the email attached to my old username so I had to create a new account. Anyway nevermind that :D

This board was very helpful in my experience in the past I am really hoping I can get help once more and also share something of my own if I can.

My husband is a European National and he has been here since July 2008 we are now filing everything checking things in preparation for his EEA PR Application. Unfortunately, my husband worked through different jobs and agencies. We've tried to send them emails send them letters to get a letter of employment and even indicated the months and year when he was working for them but no reply just yet.

Basically from 2008 - 2011, he does not have the complete requirements, like no letters from those companies and some of them he no longer have the contract, he lost it. Some don't even have wage slips anymore as well so we just have his bank statements that show he is getting paid, most of them only have P60, P45 and bank statements that show receipt of salary, I don't know if this will suffice?

Please advise.

Many thanks.

rjpantherwalks
Newly Registered

Post by rjpantherwalks » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:00 pm

prcame wrote:

Do you have all the requirements when you submitted? Like Letters from employer, P60 and payslips?

Just wondering what if you don't have letters and signed contract just P60 and P45 then bank statements...

eea2raheem

Post by eea2raheem » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:51 pm

Hi There,

I am a Non-EEA national with EEA residence card for 5 years and me and my EEA national wife planning to apply for EEA-PR as we have completed 5 years.

Based on the timelines for EEA-PR and Non-EEA-PR; EEA national will receive PR within 6 weeks whereas Non-EEA national will receive PR within 6 months.

My question is on EEA national presence in UK after receiving her PR.

Does she (EEA national) need to stay in UK after receiving her PR while my (Non-EEA) PR in process? if she leave UK (going for 6-12 months) after receiving her PR will it affect the PR process of Non-EEA national?

Please help me to plan my application.

Thanks,

Cleberuk
Newly Registered

Post by Cleberuk » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:35 pm

rjpantherwalks wrote:
prcame wrote:

Do you have all the requirements when you submitted? Like Letters from employer, P60 and payslips?

Just wondering what if you don't have letters and signed contract just P60 and P45 then bank statements...

Yes everything was right, like, every thing they have asked I have sent.

Raysegg
Newly Registered

Post by Raysegg » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:34 am

salmintin wrote:They received my application on 08.03, but still no sign of payment taken :( Getting a bit worried now. :roll: I saw that it typically takes up to 3 days. I'll give it a few more days, but I'm not sure what I should do if they still fail to take the payment...
Hello there,
Have you heard anything from them since?
It's taking the HO longer these days to do the needful.

eea2raheem

Post by eea2raheem » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:47 am

How long it will take to receive the PR if EEA and Non-EEA national apply in the same form?
EEA national time: ??
Non-EEA national time: ??

mauls26
Newly Registered

Post by mauls26 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:30 pm

eea2raheem wrote:How long it will take to receive the PR if EEA and Non-EEA national apply in the same form?
Hi eea2raheem,

I applied for EEA PR in the same form as my wife and the time line is different.
EEA national will have their time line
Non - EEA national will have theirs

Application sent: 22/02/16
Received: 23/02/16
Money taken: 25/02/16
Email received: 11/03/16 (EEA national)
Biometrics received: 14/03/16 dated 10/03/16
Biometrics submitted: 15/03/16
COA received: 23/03/2016 dated 20/03/2016
Awaiting further correspondence

But looks like I ll wait 5-6 months where as my wife should get it in the coming month.
The reason i say that is because that is exactly what happened while applying for EEA2 five years ago.

eea2raheem

Post by eea2raheem » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:53 pm

mauls26 wrote:
eea2raheem wrote:How long it will take to receive the PR if EEA and Non-EEA national apply in the same form?
Hi eea2raheem,

I applied for EEA PR in the same form as my wife and the time line is different.

But looks like I ll wait 5-6 months where as my wife should get it in the coming month.
The reason i say that is because that is exactly what happened while applying for EEA2 five years ago.
Thanks mauls.

Please let me know whenever your wife received the PR?

aiatalama
Newly Registered

Post by aiatalama » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:56 pm

Hi guys,

So sorry for inundating you with questions but I have to be sure I have got everything right before I submit. After all, £65 is a lot of money. So, here is my background. I am a 26 year old Portuguese woman, who has lived here since 1994. I want to apply for the PR card. I was going to apply as a student between the years of 2001- 2006 as a secondary school student, but due to me not having comprehensive health insurance, I've decided to apply as a part time worker who was studying at University. My qualifying period is from 2009-2014.

1) I had a period where I applied for ESA, BUT my p60 covers this period, do I still have to state this?
2) Providing a p60 for each year plus letters from employers, is this sufficient evidence for treaty rights?
3) Residency documentation, 1 hospital letter and 1 bank statement per year, is this enough?
4) Do I provide student loan entitlement letters for proof of support? Or do they class that as being supported by the state.
5) If I don't submit the PR form, how else do they get relevant information?
6) Do I need to provide prior or latter evidence from the qualifying period?
7) The question for absences in the UK, does it have to be the whole period in the UK or just the 'qualifying period'?
8) Does one year abroad for University count as an absence and if yes, will this hinder chances of acceptance?

As I was 19-24 in this period and living with my mother, I do not have things like council tax letters, rent agreements etc etc. So, I cannot provide that as evidence, will this be ok?

rjpantherwalks
Newly Registered

Post by rjpantherwalks » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:44 pm

Just wondering what if you don't have letters and signed contract just P60 and P45 then bank statements...[/quote]

Yes everything was right, like, every thing they have asked I have sent.[/quote]

Oh ok thanks....

This would be too hard for us since some employers are not responding to our request for Letter of Employment....

rjpantherwalks
Newly Registered

Post by rjpantherwalks » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:51 pm

eea2raheem wrote:Hi There,

I am a Non-EEA national with EEA residence card for 5 years and me and my EEA national wife planning to apply for EEA-PR as we have completed 5 years.

Based on the timelines for EEA-PR and Non-EEA-PR; EEA national will receive PR within 6 weeks whereas Non-EEA national will receive PR within 6 months.

My question is on EEA national presence in UK after receiving her PR.

Does she (EEA national) need to stay in UK after receiving her PR while my (Non-EEA) PR in process? if she leave UK (going for 6-12 months) after receiving her PR will it affect the PR process of Non-EEA national?

Please help me to plan my application.

Thanks,

It might affect if she leaves UK for 6 - 12 months right after because you never know who is handling your case, sometimes they do visit the house etc where you live and ask too many questions and if they don't find her there like some others, they try to make up something that your spouse is probably not living there or you are not together etc that this is just a sham.... so it is better is she stays on the duration of the process till you get your PR.

rjpantherwalks
Newly Registered

Post by rjpantherwalks » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:38 pm

mauls26 wrote:
Hi eea2raheem,

It's not always the same though, for EEA2 I applied mid Aug 2012 and I received it 2nd week of October 2012. I guess it depends on your documents and the case worker.

I even know someone who I expected that will be visited and or will take longer to receive an EEA2 when they applied on 2014 but ... surprisingly received it so fast maybe having a solicitor have some bearing because they used one and yeah depends on the case worker. I even thought that person will have some problem because he got married with his EU national wife end of July and applied for EEA2 second week of August and plus they just started living together June. So it was a bit weird I thought the caseworker would be suspicious.

Anyway I guess it is stricter with PR and especially what is going on right now.

mona2016
Newly Registered

Post by mona2016 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:09 pm

Hello everyone,

Please advice ... Today we received refusal for our EEA3 and EEA4... My husband is EEA national and I am not. We applied on grounds of his self-sufficiency and refusal granted as we have some gaps in having health insurance during the last 5 years.

My question is----Can I apply again for Resident Card EEA2 APPLICATION????????????

and if ANYONE have any info about if this possible to do? also can I apply without my passport? as my passport haven't been returned to me. Letter explained that ' your documents have been retained and responsibility for your case has now been passed to your local immigration team'.

I would appreciate any advice or guidance ....
PLEASE if any one has a similar situation share your knowledge....

THANK YOU VERY MUCH IN ADVANCE...