ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How old should be a company to file a UK workpermit?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jaggavarapu
Newly Registered

How old should be a company to file a UK workpermit?

Post by jaggavarapu » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:27 am

Hi,
I have my own software company in India & now i would like to expand it to Europe market.
I would like to register my company in the UK & file work permits to our employees in India, bring them to the UK & place them as contractors in UK based software development companies, be like a consultancy. Will this be possible? or do the company should be an old (atleast 3-5 yrs i heard) company to file a work permits?
Waiting for your reply with valuable suggestions!

olisun
Diamond Member

Re: How old should be a company to file a UK workpermit?

Post by olisun » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:41 am

jaggavarapu wrote:Hi,
I have my own software company in India & now i would like to expand it to Europe market.
I would like to register my company in the UK & file work permits to our employees in India, bring them to the UK & place them as contractors in UK based software development companies, be like a consultancy. Will this be possible? or do the company should be an old (atleast 3-5 yrs i heard) company to file a work permits?
Waiting for your reply with valuable suggestions!
I don't know how old the company has to be, you can't just register a company in UK and apply for WP's for you employees in India.

Your company papers need to be in order and you have to go through the whole process of advertising and interviewing EU candidates and come up with a good reason why you couldn't find a suitable candidate from the EU.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:58 pm

There are other posts about this. use the search function

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:17 pm

There is no set age for a company to be able to apply for work permits. However the company, no matter what its age, will have to satisfy the Home Office that it is a genuine trading company and that it has the resources to offer the job for which it wants the work permit.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:18 pm

There are specific visas for representatives of foreign companies, investors and entrepreneurs. It would be better if you start with those. Additionally, setting up a company in the Uk is straight forward (£100), that should be your first step.
As this is a company activity, I suggest you engage the help of a reputable immigration lawyer and avoid a do-it-yourself approach; employment law must be followed and you open yourself to a whole new world; there are a number of areas you must consider on top of normal immigration (employment, health and safety, insurance, liability, taxes, currency)....
it can be done, fairly easy; I have done it in the past, however you must understand all aspects to avoid potential risks.
-------------------------
Life is a journey, not a destination (S. Tyler)

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:02 pm

You really need to work out what visas are needed - it may be that the first person should have a sole representative visa and not a work permit. You also need to see if you can sent people as ICT's, thereby avoiding the recruitment procedure. Finally, you need to make sure that contracts are in place so that the work permits are legal.

If you would like to discuss this in depth, please let me know.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!