ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Permit for Parents, British in Ireland, Please help!

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Obie
Ireland

Re: Family Permit for Parents, British in Ireland, Please he

Post by Obie » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:48 pm

mchowdhr wrote:No update. Still waiting. Have sent documents to Solvit after they requested me to provide what my parents submitted with their application and I sent couple of follow up emails to Solvit and cant believe that they did not bother replying to me!
I think they have hired Inis staff for Solvit now!
I think that is a bit extreme to suggest that they have hired INIS staff for SOlvit.

There is a wide scale problem at the department of Justice and it is not isolated to you. ]

You either wait or pursue legal action against them for breach of their statutory duty.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

adil2009

Post by adil2009 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:47 pm

hi mchowdhr ,

have you received your parents visa ? can you please update us .

Thanks

desertman

Post by desertman » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:04 pm

Did any one get any response of their visa application?

I emailed to visamail@justice.ie to check the status of my parent's application and got the response back after 2 weeks that currently they are processing the application received in May-2015.

By looking at this time scale it means our applications will not be look into at least for next 5 months as we applied on 10th Oct 2015.

is there any other email address where we can email?

thanks

mchowdhr
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mchowdhr » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:12 pm

No update on my parents application. Still waiting!

Hamza2013
Member of Standing

Post by Hamza2013 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:33 pm

Guys,

I applied for my parents in september and received decision in Dec. Involving SOLVIT is useless.

mchowdhr
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mchowdhr » Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:45 pm

Hi Hamza,

I am surprised that your parents got the visa so fast. My parents applied on 31st of August and application was not received until 19th of Oct in Dublin office and still waiting!
Please can you elaborate where did you apply and it was accompanied visa or are you already resided in Ireland exercising your treaty rights?
Can anyone else inform us if his/her parents have received visa?

If Obie reading this how can I threaten them with legal action please? I am gutted to be honest!

Aamir_90
Newly Registered

Post by Aamir_90 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:27 am

Hi hamza,
Can you please post what documents you needed for your parents visas.

jack421
Newly Registered

Post by jack421 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:29 pm

mchowdhr wrote:I have talked to solicitor in Dublin and he told me they used to issue visas even in one day! but since rules in UK become tougher they are receiving loads of application but also so many with bad quality documents which they were not aware of so they are taking longer than normal processing time (Thanks to the opportunists who spoiled them that we are facing this inconvenience) Thats why I mentioned genuine applications.
I am falling in love with this beautiful country and thinking of buying property so what on earth UKVI judge that I am trying to circumvent the rules? I have genuine job and love driving on empty motorways, compare to M25!
Hello mchowdhr,

I have a similar case and i would like to apply for my family's EEA card from Ireland. They already hold a Uk tourist visa so they can travel freely to the Dublin.
Do you know any good solicitors in dublin who can guide me on the paperwork??
Kindly please reply.

mchowdhr
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Family Permit for Parents, British in Ireland, Please help!

Post by mchowdhr » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:06 pm

Hello,

Update after such a long wait. They refused my parents application after they requested to provide them evidence of exercising my treaty rights in Ireland for two years.
I provided them everything, payslips,p60,bills,tenancy agreement etc.
Great, they refused it, claiming my sister also sent them money so my parents are not solely dependant on me. One western union receipt from my sister who sent money on mothers day, unbelievable!!!
They made me wait for two and half years and then refused the application.
Thank you very much

secret.simon

Re: Family Permit for Parents, British in Ireland, Please help!

Post by secret.simon » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:20 am

As your query is about getting a Family Permit in Ireland and has nothing to do with the EEA Regulations in the UK, moving this thread to the Ireland forum.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.