ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General to ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mohramzan

Tier 1 General to ILR

Post by mohramzan » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:33 am

Hello there
I have few questions if you guys could help me on this please

1:- My Tier 1( 2 + 3) is due to expire on 19th of April, I booked the the appointment on 23rd March in Liverpool PEO, does this satisfy 28 days rule?

2:- My wife joined me when i was on PSW so she has spent all tier 1 (5) years with me in UK, and is eligible for ILR as well, can i apply myself in PEO and send her application through post? or we will have to apply together?

3:- If my wife can apply through post on her own which visa form she need to fill in?

4:-My wife was away 186 days to Pakistan (From October 2013 to April 2014), and also 30 days in July 2015. Do i need to worry about this? I heard if this is less than 250 days in 5 years that's fine.

Again I will be thankful to you guys if you could help me please.

regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 1 General to ILR

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:33 am

1. Yes

2. Yes to in person for you and postal for wife. Remember that if for any reason you don't get ILR on the day and it is deferred, your spouse won't be able to apply for ILR either so you need to be mindful of that and the expiry dates of your visas.

3. Set(O) with wife as main applicant.

4. No issue.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mohramzan

Post by mohramzan » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:17 pm

" Yes to in person for you and postal for wife. Remember that if for any reason you don't get ILR on the day and it is deferred, your spouse won't be able to apply for ILR either so you need to be mindful of that and the expiry dates of your visas."

Thank you sir very replying, really appreciate that. But i am confused on above reply that if my ILR application is refused or deferred she won't be able to apply. Can i not send her application through post stating i am awaiting my ILR application decision, and will send it to Home office once decision is made.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:27 pm

You can, but her application will be on hold until such time as your is decided. If you are refused, she will be refused.

P.S. I am a Miss, not a Sir :wink:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mohramzan

Post by mohramzan » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:36 pm

My apologies Miss
Thanks for replying. I believe her fate depends on me so we will have to take a chance. I have a month baby that's why applying through post for wifey otherwise would have apply through PEO.

regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:45 pm

You can take the baby to PEO, they do allow it.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

mohramzan

Post by mohramzan » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:17 am

Tbh child is not a problem , wife is about to do life in the UK and also have sent her degree to NARIC for verification. She kept delaying but the worst thing is she is too delicate to go through this hassle in accompanying me , common man problem i believe lol

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:01 pm

Nonsense. Pregnancy and birth is not an illness.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

mohramzan

Post by mohramzan » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:31 pm

I agree with you on this but unfortunately can't force her. If you don't mind I need to ask another question please

My kids born in UK but have tier 1 visas until 19th April, do i need to apply for their ILR with me or once my application is successful , need to apply for their naturalization? could you please shed some light on this.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:29 pm

UK born children DO NOT require ILR to REGISTER on MN1 as British. So you can skip ILR for them.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

mohramzan

Post by mohramzan » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:27 pm

Hi
Here is the details of my PBS for both extensions:
First Extension 2011:-
Age 20
Earnings 25 (40K or more)
Qualification 30(Bsc degree)
UK Experience 05
English 10
Maintenance 10 = Total 100
Second Extension 2013:-
Age 20
Earnings 25 (40K or more)
Qualification 35(Master degree)
UK Experience 05
English 10
Maintenance 10 = Total 105
Despite I had a master degree and claiming 35 points, my solicitor said I still need 40K as that's what i claimed for 1st extension. In PBS summary case worker awarded the points which i mentioned above.

For ILR :-
Age 20
Earnings 20 (35K)
Qualification 35(Master degree)
UK Experience 05
Total 80
I have earned more than 40K by doing two jobs in last 12 months , I earned more than 35K from single job and claiming 20 points instead of 25 points as per previous extensions.
The only reason to do that is make it simple with one single job and still fulfills the requirement. is that looks OK for you guys?
PS i have pay slips bank statements employer letter and employment history for both jobs.

Kind regards

mohramzan

Set(M) or Set(O) for for dependent

Post by mohramzan » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:48 am

Hello there
My ILR was approved on 23rd March 2016 on completion of 5 years as T1G, my wife also completed 5 years as my T1G depedent and her visa expiry is 19th April 2016.
Needs to apply for ILR for her and really confused which form I need to use Set(M) or set(O)? Apprently the fee through post is same for both application forms.

If its set(O), Section Main applicant who needs to fill this? my wife or its me
Section 2 belongs to dependents, is it for me wife again? or leave it empty if she fills section 1.

regards

vinny

Re: Set(M) or Set(O) for for dependent

Post by vinny » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:14 am

As already answered, SET(O). Main applicant is wife, as you are not applying too.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mohramzan

Post by mohramzan » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:21 am

Thanks Vinny really appreciate your prompt response.
So section 2 which is related to dependents don't need to be filled as there is no additional dependent applying?

As my kids can apply for naturalization through MN1(they born in UK) and have Visas valid until 19th april 2016, do I have to apply before this date just like my wife or I can whenever I want?

Regards

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:28 am

Why wait? Best to register the UK-born children as soon as possible. Overstayers are not eligible for free non emergency NHS treatments.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mohramzan

Post by mohramzan » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:31 am

Wow i thought the stress is over... Thanks for the reply again. Printing the application form right now.

Regards

gaurav05
Newly Registered

Post by gaurav05 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:41 pm

Hi,

I have got my ILR earlier this month and filling an ILR for my wife as dependant.

I have a similar query on the Sections to be filled in Set(O).

Could the experienced mates help in this regard.

Cheers, Gaurav