ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Profesional referee

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kali_
Newly Registered

Profesional referee

Post by kali_ » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:27 am

Hello Everyone

I think soon to submit my application, but I am stuck on PROFESIONAL REFEREE, and I need help. I ask few people and they refused to put them details and I still cannot find :( .
I have someone on my mind, but I am not sure is he ok to do that.
He Is self employed delivery driver and I believe that he is VAT register, so can he be my PROFESIONAL REFEREE if he don't mind ???

Please help, I am desperate
Thank you

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Profesional referee

Post by chaoclive » Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:58 pm

Depending on what type of application it is, you should be able to get a solicitor to do it (for a fee). Call some of your local solicitors to see how much they would charge.

kali_
Newly Registered

Post by kali_ » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:20 pm

Hi
Thank you for your quick responsibility.

Well I will apply for Naturalization as British Citizen. And I don't know nobody which is professional. I ask my doctor and I been in the bank but they refused, so that's why I was think for someone who is self employed and VAT register. So is it good idea some self employed to be like professional referee, or better NO.

Thank you

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:54 pm

You could ask people such as your optician, or pharmacist, or a local post office official, pub landlord or even an off-license shop owner.
As this is a well-known requirement it would be quite a good idea to cultivate these types of relationships ahead of time (as much as possible).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

kali_
Newly Registered

Post by kali_ » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:44 pm

HI

Well I know few people but they refused when I told them that they have to put passport number, that's way I am stuck I have all ready one but professional NOT YET. So that's way I was think about self employed which is with VAT register is it good idea to do it or NO? I still cannot understand that

Thank you

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:14 pm

kali_ wrote:HI

Well I know few people but they refused when I told them that they have to put passport number, that's way I am stuck I have all ready one but professional NOT YET. So that's way I was think about self employed which is with VAT register is it good idea to do it or NO? I still cannot understand that

Thank you
Such professionals do not need to expose their private information on the form, they can simply write: "Details available on request".

If the referee is a van driver then s/he is probably not a professional in terms of the HO list.
If they are the owner/director/manager of a VAT-registered company then, as per the list, that will be accepted.

kali_
Newly Registered

Post by kali_ » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:08 am

Thank you so much for your responsibility. I will try to find someone.

kali_
Newly Registered

Post by kali_ » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:07 am

Hi

I just want to ask about professional referee. I have got friend which is solutions analyst in some company and she is not British, but live here. is she to be my professional referee?

Thank you

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:28 am

kali_ wrote:Hi

I just want to ask about professional referee. I have got friend which is solutions analyst in some company and she is not British, but live here. is she to be my professional referee?

Thank you
The professional referee does not need to hold a British passport.

kali_
Newly Registered

Post by kali_ » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:43 am

Yes, I know that no need to be British, but I am not sure about her profession.
She is solutions analyst in some company, is that ok. Can she to be my professional referee??

Thank you

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:56 am

kali_ wrote:Yes, I know that no need to be British, but I am not sure about her profession.
She is solutions analyst in some company, is that ok. Can she to be my professional referee??

Thank you
I have no idea what a 'solutions analyst' may be. They could be some sort of admin clerk or an accredited and internationally recognised data scientist.

The key question is whether the person is of professional standing.
In that case check the acceptable professions list.

kali_
Newly Registered

Post by kali_ » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:48 am

I ask her and she said this is something like Credit Risk Analyst, but again it doesn't mean nothing for me, I rely don't know is that some kind of professional
Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:08 pm

What about your pharmicist, the man that own the off license as he should be a personal license holder, dentist, anyone you know that owns a company, manager. Have you looked at the list of acceptable referees?

Your professional referee can be of any nationality.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kali_
Newly Registered

Post by kali_ » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:12 pm

Yes I check the list, and I don't have many options of people that's why. I will keep going to looking for someone.
Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:22 pm

This is why it is so important to integrate completely in the UK.

As you are an EU citizen, anyone in your home country that is a professional?

What work do you do?

I find it hard to understand that there is not one single professional person off the list that you do not know.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ersons.pdf
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kali_
Newly Registered

Post by kali_ » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:37 pm

I know few people which are professional, but they refused because don't want to put them passport number ( I do not know why and what is the problem ) that is why difficult.
I am Receptionist

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:41 pm

They don't have to put their passport number. They can just write 'details available on request'. This has already been advised.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

kali_
Newly Registered

Post by kali_ » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:53 pm

thank you, I hope to find someone, because I have 1 more week until my appointment with NCS