ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) Financial Requirement Category A or B

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

grollier1956
Newly Registered

FLR (M) Financial Requirement Category A or B

Post by grollier1956 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:45 am

Hi,

I urgently require help with my wife's spouse visa extension (leave to remain) application due in 2 weeks time. I am very confused with Section 7.3 whether to choose Category A or B and what evidence is needed.

Situation:
I have been working for my currently employer for more than 9 months, gross salary exceeds financial requirement. My wife has been working for less than 6 months with current employer and does not earn enough herself to exceed the financial requirement.

Questions:
Q1) Can I just show my salary under Category A for my wife's spouse visa application to keep things simple. Basically no need to show that she is working as I the husband/sponsor fulfil the financial requirements on my own. Please confirm.

Q2) For above I think I only need to show the following documents:
- 6 months payslips
- 6months bank statements
- employment contract
- employment letter
Please confirm.

OR

Q3) If I want to show both my wife's and my salary do I need to apply under Category B? taking into account my work is more than 6 months and my wife is less than 6 months.

Q4) If it is Category B, do I need to show 12 months paylsips/bank statements for both my wife and I or I can show my wife 12 month statements (as she worked less than 6 months with current employer) and just show 6 months for mine (as I have been with employer over 6 months)?

Please help, really need some help.

Thanks
Sherry

bilalbilal

Re: FLR (M) Financial Requirement Category A or B

Post by bilalbilal » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:08 am

You don't need to show your partners income if you already meet or exceed the financial requirement.

grollier1956
Newly Registered

Post by grollier1956 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:21 pm

Many thanks for your reply.

1. Just to confirm, I the husband/sponsor can just show my income to meet the financtial threshold?

2. In this case I would just need to fill the "Your Sponsor" column in the table in section 7.3A in FLR M application?

Thanks in the advance.

bilalbilal

Post by bilalbilal » Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:44 pm

yes, just fill your column, leave her column blank.

grollier1956
Newly Registered

Post by grollier1956 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:06 pm

Many thanks