ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Treaty Rights and Dependent Mother

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Leinsterimmig
BANNED

Re: EU Treaty Rights and Dependent Mother

Post by Leinsterimmig » Mon May 18, 2015 10:53 am

HamzaCork wrote:Guys just checking in what are the options for me...I am in the same boat as you guys are with Dependent mother and I am naturalized Irish.
Can I move to UK and do the exact same thing what you guys are doing since you explicitly moved to Ireland.

Is it easy enough to get a EUFAM3 visa for Dependent mother any advises ??

thanks
Hi Hamza,

If you are willing to move your whole life to the UK, then your mother can apply for EU Treaty Rights based on you and it is not exactly "easy" but it is "easier" than bringing a dependent parent to Ireland as an Irish citizen. Have you ever worked or lived in the UK since you became an Irish citizen?
pm me for email address as it's not allowed on the open forum

amn635
Newly Registered

Post by amn635 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:57 pm

kai76 wrote:Hi,

My situation is exactly same as like many others here. My mother is a Bangladeshi national but she is visiting me at the moment in the UK. I have applied for a Leave to remain under exceptional circumstances but like many of you mentioned here it is very difficult and was rejected, an appeal was also rejected too. now, her passport is in the hand of UKBA and I am seriously considering to go to Ireland and find a job there and take her with me there temporarily and come back. I have carefully read all the posts here and it appears to me that I should be able to do so as you guys has suggested above. but few thing for me to know are:

1. when I go to ireland do i tell ukba about my mothers departure to ireland and obtain her passport?
2. after getting the resident permit for her in ireland would i be able to get back with my mother legally to UK?
3. Will she need her passport in Ireland if so how do i obtain her passport from ukba? can i tell them to hand over the passport explaining her intentions?
4. her visa to UK has expired now but we have asked the home office to reconsider her application at the moment. Also her biometric details was taken.

Can someone knowledgeable please explain the process and answer my questions above.

Thank you
Kai

Hi guys

I m in the same situation as you bro, but i have both my Mother and my Father. They moved to UK in 2011 but keep getting rejection by UKBA. Now i am thinking if there are other options within other EU country as my parents are old and if they go back home to Afghanistan it is not safe for two old people.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

arsalan1986
Newly Registered

Post by arsalan1986 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:41 pm

I m also doing dependece case of mother I am looking for house with prtb in ireland. if anyone hv or like to join search contact me. xxxxxxxxxxxx
Last edited by noajthan on Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed personal contact details

Aamir_90
Newly Registered

Post by Aamir_90 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:04 pm

Hi guys,
Has anyone of you been successfull to bring their dependent parents to Ireland, I'm thinking to go through the same, can anyone of you advise about all the paperwork and stuff and can I apply from my home country and then accompany them to Ireland to start my eea treaty rights or I have to be in Ireland first ? Any advise plz

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Post by shpirtshqipe » Fri May 27, 2016 12:49 pm

HamzaCork wrote:Guys just checking in what are the options for me...I am in the same boat as you guys are with Dependent mother and I am naturalized Irish.
Can I move to UK and do the exact same thing what you guys are doing since you explicitly moved to Ireland.

Is it easy enough to get a EUFAM3 visa for Dependent mother any advises ??

thanks
Hi HamzaCork

You will be able to exercise full free movement rights in the UK as a Irish citizen just like UK citizens living in Ireland can...

Before you consider moving over to the UK you need to make sure you have solid proof that your parents are dependent on you and be able to provide that proof i.e. bank statements of regular payments or statements of any remittance companies you may have used

Proof of residence in the UK. I would suggest you read about "the Center of Life" in relation to immigration purposes

A good starting point would be to look into the Surinder Singh Route. This will give you the general idea of what is expected of you and what conditions you need to fulfill

I am on the same situation as you only in reverse (UK citizen moved to Ireland)

If it helps take a look at my thread and do everything suggested there in reverse:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/irelan ... l#p1350038

Be quick though because with the referendum looming over in the UK, the near future at present seems uncertain

Good Luck

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Post by shpirtshqipe » Fri May 27, 2016 12:59 pm

Aamir_90 wrote:Hi guys,
Has anyone of you been successfull to bring their dependent parents to Ireland, I'm thinking to go through the same, can anyone of you advise about all the paperwork and stuff and can I apply from my home country and then accompany them to Ireland to start my eea treaty rights or I have to be in Ireland first ? Any advise plz
Hi Aamir_90

Take a look at the following thread:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/irelan ... l#p1350038

Hop it helps