ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

has RLMT been done? should I ask the question?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mojtaba
Newly Registered

has RLMT been done? should I ask the question?

Post by mojtaba » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:53 pm

Hello experts,

I'm currently on a Tier 2 General visa which expires at 2019.

However, I'm in the process of applying for a new position in one of the big 4 ( last stage interview left). I've found the job via their career website and already stated my visa situation clearly during 2 rounds of interviews ( this is for an experienced position and not graduate)

I'm aware that RLMT needs to be done by the company, I'm slightly concerned which I hope you guys can clear that for me.

I cant find the job on the Job Centre plus, should I ask the company if they've done the RLMT before my last interview? Is it really normal to ask this question?

I only ask because few months ago a small A rated company offered me a job and I realised RLMT was not done by them, you guys saved me by your advise. so really appreciate any advise you might have THIS TIME AS WELL.

Thanks

justdopposite

Re: has RLMT been done? should I ask the question?

Post by justdopposite » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:50 pm

I wouldn't ask that question before my last interview round. But I will ask them everything once I'm offered a job and before they are ready to assign a new COS.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:54 pm

If its a big 4, they would know what the right way of assigning a cos is, which includes details of RLMT.
so i would leave it on them to sort this out.

srsw

Post by srsw » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:04 pm

It makes sense to be proactive and ask the HR/recruiter that question.... and for any reason if they have missed out any RLMT process, then they would still have option to extend the job advertisement for at least 28 days and post the job in relevant websites (jobcentre plus, etc.) before making an offer to you i.e. if you succeed in your final round.

Big 4 companies generally know these stuff, but I don't see any problem in asking such a question as it's key for YOUR recruitment. If they haven't done the RLMT but you do well in your final round, what good is it for you?
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

mojtaba
Newly Registered

Post by mojtaba » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:52 pm

Many thanks for your replies, valid points.
I take @srsw point, it wont have any benefit for me if I pass the last interview and they haven't done the RLMT, it won't be any good for me.

Thanks again everyone, you all are awesome

bholo

Post by bholo » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:06 am

I exactly have similar questions because i also have a job offer.

Can someone tell me how big4 conduct RLMT as i never see any advertisement other than their website.

Does linkedin count as one website?

It has to be two sites is Job centre plus a mandatory site?

I am in same boat as you.

srsw

Post by srsw » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:33 pm

bholo wrote: Does linkedin count as one website?
It has to be two sites is Job centre plus a mandatory site?
How to carry out the resident labour market test – Tier 2 (General)
Read the pages from 90 to 95 of this guide:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... dendum.pdf
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.