ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Graduate internship in Ulster University

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Awabe.Foad
Newly Registered

Graduate internship in Ulster University

Post by Awabe.Foad » Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:28 pm

Hello everybody

I'm an algerian student who's currently studying in France. I was accepted in Ulster university to conduct my graudation internship there. My question is I really dont know which type of Visa is appropriate for me. I tried to call the embassy in Paris, Bordeaux, but it was in vain. They have an auto reply that the person has to go through web of the goverment, which I did not find it very useful to clear this issue for me. Therefore, can anyone tell me please which is the best type that fits with my situation. I'm hesitating between tier5 and short term vist(standard vistor).
I'm looking forward to get feedback from you.

Best regards,

Awabe

noajthan

Re: Graduate internship in Ulster University

Post by noajthan » Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:42 pm

Awabe.Foad wrote:Hello everybody

I'm an algerian student who's currently studying in France. I was accepted in Ulster university to conduct my graudation internship there. My question is I really dont know which type of Visa is appropriate for me. I tried to call the embassy in Paris, Bordeaux, but it was in vain. They have an auto reply that the person has to go through web of the goverment, which I did not find it very useful to clear this issue for me. Therefore, can anyone tell me please which is the best type that fits with my situation. I'm hesitating between tier5 and short term vist(standard vistor).

Best regards,
Awabe
Suggest you enlist the support of the university's international student support service to advise on that matter.

http://www.ulster.ac.uk/international/visa-immigration
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Fahad460
Newly Registered

Post by Fahad460 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:23 am

Awabe.Foad wrote:Hello everybody

Best regards,

Awabe
Such queries would be handled by the university itself. Have you tried to contact them? I am sure there would be a contact us section on their website.

Awabe.Foad
Newly Registered

Post by Awabe.Foad » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:43 pm

Hi,
First of all thanks for the reply.
As for the asking them, yes of course, but they themselves are not sure. In fact, my tuter there told me that they told him Tier4. I told him tier 4-as I read it, is not not this purpose, because it's issued for studies, and I'll be doing graudate research in the lab of the university. The is another problem is that I'm not sure wether it really needs an ATAS (academic technology approval scheme) or not. Because, I'm not going to study there, so just being in a lab and working on a theme. So, I just want make sure, what's the best solution so when I further it, I wouldnt be refused at the last moment.
noajthan# As I'm reading the link you provided, for student visiting visa. I think there is a problem in it, because I also applied for a PhD in that university. So, after I finish I would just make my graduation in France like go back for a week or something, and then go back to start the PhD program. So, the problem is that it said the person cant apply for Visa if he wishes to study, but rather he has to go back to his country and then apply from there for Tier4. That's just another problem I came about to know now. Any solutions please?

Best regards,
Awabe

Awabe.Foad
Newly Registered

Post by Awabe.Foad » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:53 pm

To give precise information on the issue,
Let's say that the internship is from April untill the end of September- generally speaking in the beginning of September I would be done, and I may leave like on the second week of the month. And for the PhD, they said that the person has to be there on the second week of september to start his registrations. So, I'm afraid like to wait untill I go back and ask for Tier4 again, then I would have passed the deadline for the registration since It said that the person cant issue Tier4 under applying to Student Visitor visa.
Any recommendations please?
Best regards,
Awabe

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:46 pm

Awabe.Foad wrote:Hi,
First of all thanks for the reply.
As for the asking them, yes of course, but they themselves are not sure. In fact, my tuter there told me that they told him Tier4. I told him tier 4-as I read it, is not not this purpose, because it's issued for studies, and I'll be doing graudate research in the lab of the university. The is another problem is that I'm not sure wether it really needs an ATAS (academic technology approval scheme) or not. Because, I'm not going to study there, so just being in a lab and working on a theme. So, I just want make sure, what's the best solution so when I further it, I wouldnt be refused at the last moment.
noajthan# As I'm reading the link you provided, for student visiting visa. I think there is a problem in it, because I also applied for a PhD in that university. So, after I finish I would just make my graduation in France like go back for a week or something, and then go back to start the PhD program. So, the problem is that it said the person cant apply for Visa if he wishes to study, but rather he has to go back to his country and then apply from there for Tier4. That's just another problem I came about to know now. Any solutions please?

Best regards,
Awabe
Tutor may not know but there must be an international student advisory unit at UU & they must be able to advise.
You can't be the first student to take this route.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Awabe.Foad
Newly Registered

Post by Awabe.Foad » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:31 pm

Thank you, I will try to ask him tomorrow, if possible if he could contact them better to clear it. I will leave you a reply as soon as I get an answer from him.
Thanks for the help.
Best Regards,
Awabe

Awabe.Foad
Newly Registered

Post by Awabe.Foad » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:35 pm

Dear Friends,

I did apply for visa, and it was under a short-term student visa, I got 6 months with category C. I just want to add another question, if someone knows the answer please don't hesitate to advise me. If I were to do a PhD, I have to get another visa type tier 4 normally. In this case, is it possible to proceed it while being in UK or am I obliged to leave the country and apply from outside? Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Awabe