ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Treaty Rights!

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MAN1
Newly Registered

Treaty Rights!

Post by MAN1 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:24 pm

Dear Friends,

Please could any one advise me on two simple short questions:

1. Can a British Citizen travel to Ireland to sponsor real brother who is dependent on British Citizen, on a visit visa to Ireland and then exercise Treaty Rights to obtain Leave to Remain in Ireland.

2. How long would the British Citizen need to stay in Ireland with his dependent brother before returning to the UK. In this case can the brother stay in Ireland and obtain Irish Citizenship and hence will not be accompanying the British Citizen back to the UK.

Sorry if this is confusing. But would be grateful for any answers.

Many thanks,

Mustafain

fsa

Re: Treaty Rights!

Post by fsa » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:36 pm

1. yes British citizen can travel to Ireland to exercise treaty rights, if there is enough evidence of dependency a family member can be sponsored.

2. The British citizen will have to stay in Ireland for 5 years until the dependant brother has been able to obtain permanent status. Him being in Ireland as a DEPENDANT relies on the British citizen being there and exercising Treaty Rights. If the British citizen leaves before permanent status has been obtained, the Dependant has no legal basis to remain there.

Abs566
Newly Registered

Post by Abs566 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:14 pm

Yes you can sponsor a real brother if he is financially or emotionally dependent on you. If you can show this I don't see why you cant.

I have a question please help.
I wanted to know if someone has applied for a visit visa to Ireland lately.
A friend of mine wants to invite his mother over to Ireland for 2months as his wife is expecting. Would like to find out how long are the visit visas taking from Pakistan to process.
thank you

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:31 pm

Be prepared for delays even for initial entry into Eire:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/irelan ... 03581.html
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.