ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ilr after discretionary leave to remain help please

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nangee
Newly Registered

ilr after discretionary leave to remain help please

Post by nangee » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:34 am

Hi

My husband applied for ilr in 2010 which was refused but he was given 2x 3 years of limited leave i'm assuming this is discretionary leave to remain can anyone confirm this for me?
He has carried on doing his ESOL course but isn't able to do his uk for life as his written/ reading of english isn't good enough i'm assuming that as his initial was before July 2012 he doesn't need his uk for life?
Do we apply on set o, under other purposes not covered by other application forms?
Any help would be greatly appreciated as have spent a very restless night worrying about it all.

Thanks

nangee
Newly Registered

Re: ilr after discretionary leave to remain help please

Post by nangee » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:10 am

Anybody got any advice

thank you

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:26 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Naynay30
Newly Registered

Post by Naynay30 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:58 pm

nangee wrote:Anybody got any advice

thank you

Yes you should tick other purposes not cover by immigration rules.