ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can EEA husband be sponsor for PR

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sunny13sunny
Newly Registered

Can EEA husband be sponsor for PR

Post by sunny13sunny » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:54 pm

I am now applying for Permanent resident and just wondering can anyone help me clarify one question - can my husband be my sponsor in application form and a family member who is as well applying for permanent resident. He has excirsising treaty fights for 6 years in UK. We both are EEA citizens.

noajthan

Re: Can EEA husband be sponsor for PR

Post by noajthan » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:14 pm

It is considered inappropriate & rude to hijack another thread.

To avoid confusion & jumbled responses, I have moved your question to its own thread (this one) in the most appropriate forum:
EEA-route (not BC).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

mr twelvetrees
Newly Registered

Post by mr twelvetrees » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:32 pm

just to be clear, are you submitting an application for 2 family members - you and your husband - and only your husband exercising treaty rights (ie has continuous employment) but has no PR card yet? Is this the case?

sunny13sunny
Newly Registered

Post by sunny13sunny » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:44 pm

hello thank you for reply, i already solved this. Posted before actually give it 100%. was rushed by solicitors to make a decision but just needed calm down. :D :D :D now feel a bit silly about post. Sorry.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:01 pm

sunny13sunny wrote:hello thank you for reply, i already solved this. Posted before actually give it 100%. was rushed by solicitors to make a decision but just needed calm down. :D :D :D now feel a bit silly about post. Sorry.
The only silly questions are the ones you don't ask = and they're the ones that tend to catch you out further down the road.
(For years I believed lightning was the sound made by clouds bumping together).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

savage87
Romania

Post by savage87 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:02 pm

sunny please tell us what did you do as I'm in a similar situation..

sunny13sunny
Newly Registered

Post by sunny13sunny » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:43 pm

savage87 wrote:sunny please tell us what did you do as I'm in a similar situation..
Well my husband is qualified person so he must apply for resident certificate as qualified person and i apply as family member of qualified person with different application so i put him as my sponsor but we will send applications together in one as it is recommended, so they can be processed together. hope it helps.

savage87
Romania

Post by savage87 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:58 pm

Me and my wife sent 2 application form with 2 payment 65 for each.. after a month we got all our documents back as we didn't pay the correct amount as I included a dependant. Not the best experience to be honest, when you send your applications just keep in mind what happened in our case. Good Luck!

sunny13sunny
Newly Registered

Post by sunny13sunny » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:51 pm

savage87 wrote:Me and my wife sent 2 application form with 2 payment 65 for each.. after a month we got all our documents back as we didn't pay the correct amount as I included a dependant. Not the best experience to be honest, when you send your applications just keep in mind what happened in our case. Good Luck!
Hi, thank you for message, but by dependent did you meant kids? As i am now bit confused about should i apply for my kids as well as they are 4 years and 6 months. thanks

Richard W
- thin ice -
England

Post by Richard W » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:06 pm

sunny13sunny wrote:Hi, thank you for message, but by dependent did you meant kids? As i am now bit confused about should i apply for my kids as well as they are 4 years and 6 months. thanks
They are too young to become permanent residents as your family members.

savage87
Romania

Post by savage87 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:09 pm

Once you get your PR just apply for citizenship for your kind..