ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of residence covered by stolen passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

keano
Newly Registered

Proof of residence covered by stolen passport

Post by keano » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:06 am

Finally a year on from my ILR and getting my documents ready for my citizenship application and wanted to make sure I understood this correctly.

My passport to which I first entered the UK (with visa) 26 April 2010 was stolen in France in November 2013. My nationality qualifying period is from 8 April 2011 to 8 April 2016.

I assume my current passport covers me from November 2013 however I will also need proof of residency for the period from 8 April 2011 to November 2013. I worked for the same employer for this entire period. Will a letter or a collection of my P60s from this employer be considered sufficient for this purpose? For my ILR I provided a copy of the police report (with explanation that my insurance company lost the original) and copy of the stolen passport/visa and will provide this again.

Thanks guys! I can't wait to get this final piece of this 6 year long citizenship puzzle in place.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Proof of residence covered by stolen passport

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:10 am

Submit the same as you did for ILR in regard to stolen passport and your P60's and maybe a couple of official letters (HMRC etc) to show proof of residence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

keano
Newly Registered

Post by keano » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:31 am

Thanks. I've asked my previous employer for a new letter and will try find my P60s from then. Have a nationality checking appointment with Manchester City Council on the 11th and otherwise my application is very straightforward.

anniecc

Post by anniecc » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:02 pm

I was in a similar situation (passport and BRP were stolen in a burglary at my home). In my citizenship application I explained the situation, gave the police crime reference number (they didn't give me a police report) and provided letters from employers confirming that I had been working for them in the UK throughout the five year period. I applied in December and haven't got my approval yet - since this is the only aspect of my application that isn't completely straightforward I'm guessing it must be the reason for the delay. To be honest I'm starting to get a bit worried, and wishing I'd thought to provide more documents with my application. So I would strongly recommend providing some additional documents as suggested by CR001.

keano
Newly Registered

Post by keano » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:28 am

Just as a followup I submitted my application today with four P60s that covered the period of the stolen passport and a letter from my previous employer confirming I worked for them in London for the period.

I also submitted the police report, copy of my previous passport photo page and ancestry visa (showing entry to the UK) and the letter the home office gave me when I applied for transfer of stay.