ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa extention

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

alibinshad

Spouse visa extention

Post by alibinshad » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:20 am

Dear All,
I have few questions and looking for some clarification please.

I am a British citizen and holding British passport. My wife is here from Pakistan on my sponsorship and we are going to apply her visa extension. My questions are as below:

1- Which visa form should I submit? is it FLR(M)?
2- What is the English requirement for her visa extension? She has already submit her IELTS result with her first application from Pakistan.Now its over 2 years and IELTS expired. Does she need to submit again?
3- She has spent 3.5 months when she visit last time Paksitan due to some family issue. This is the total amount she spent in her overall stay in the UK. Will this duration effect on her visa application?
4- We are taking child benefit. Should we mention in the application and does it effect on her visa application?

Thanks for your time and appreciate your answers.
Many thanks.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa extention

Post by Casa » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:10 pm

alibinshad wrote:Dear All,
I have few questions and looking for some clarification please.

I am a British citizen and holding British passport. My wife is here from Pakistan on my sponsorship and we are going to apply her visa extension. My questions are as below:

1- Which visa form should I submit? is it FLR(M)? Yes, FLR(M). Also she will have to pay the NHS Surcharge of £500.https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigrati ... n/overview
2- What is the English requirement for her visa extension? She has already submit her IELTS result with her first application from Pakistan.Now its over 2 years and IELTS expired. Does she need to submit again? See approved list of tests/test providers https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ebsite.pdf
3- She has spent 3.5 months when she visit last time Paksitan due to some family issue. This is the total amount she spent in her overall stay in the UK. Will this duration effect on her visa application? No problem
4- We are taking child benefit. Should we mention in the application and does it effect on her visa application? Child benefit must be claimed in your name only.

Thanks for your time and appreciate your answers.
Many thanks.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:31 pm

What's her current category?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:10 pm

If you are British now, how did you manage that given that in April 2015 you said you were on Tier 1 General and planning to bring your wife?

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... l#p1177630
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

JAYSON65
Nigeria

Post by JAYSON65 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:06 pm

CR001 wrote:If you are British now, how did you manage that given that in April 2015 you said you were on Tier 1 General and planning to bring your wife?

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... l#p1177630

Very interesting CR001?, someone needs an explaination to give!

alibinshad

Post by alibinshad » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:45 pm

Dear All,
Thanks for your response. Actually me and my brother using one login to discuss our family immigration issues. We thought people help here on individual post rather than cross check user's previous posts.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:04 pm

alibinshad wrote:Dear All,
Thanks for your response. Actually me and my brother using one login to discuss our family immigration issues. We thought people help here on individual post rather than cross check user's previous posts.
It is easier to have individual log ins or start a topic by stating who the question is for if it is not for you. People volunteer their time and if people have responded to you previously, then it creates confusion if you now post about something completely different.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

alibinshad

Post by alibinshad » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:12 pm

Hi Case,
Thanks for your answers. I need some further clarifications.
2- She has passed her IELTS exam 3 years ago with 7.5 band from the list you mentioned. so question is does she need to resit again as IELTS only valid for two years.
4- Child benefits is on her name. I am a British citizen and holding British passport. She was here on Spouse settlement visa . I just check her visa and its says no resource to public fund. I did not realised this before. If I will change this child benefits on my name then will home office ask about previous transactions which were on her account?
Many thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:26 pm

alibinshad wrote:Hi Case,
Thanks for your answers. I need some further clarifications.
2- She has passed her IELTS exam 3 years ago with 7.5 band from the list you mentioned. so question is does she need to resit again as IELTS only valid for two years. This should be OK if on the HO list.
4- Child benefits is on her name. I am a British citizen and holding British passport. She was here on Spouse settlement visa . I just check her visa and its says no resource to public fund. I did not realised this before. If I will change this child benefits on my name then will home office ask about previous transactions which were on her account? Speak to HMRC but yes, it is an issue if she has been claiming when she is not permitted to claim benefits.
Many thanks.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sud315

Post by sud315 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:22 pm

Thanks for the moderators who have provided the answers.

Wondered if I could ask a similar question as it is under the same topic too.
If a partner has a HND followed by a top up degree - 3 years, all completed in the UK, do they still need to provide a separate English qualification too?
Or when home office means a degree does that have to be a full 3 year degree? (no top ups/HNDs allowed?) :roll:

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:10 pm

sud315 wrote:Thanks for the moderators who have provided the answers.

Wondered if I could ask a similar question as it is under the same topic too.
If a partner has a HND followed by a top up degree - 3 years, all completed in the UK, do they still need to provide a separate English qualification too?
Or when home office means a degree does that have to be a full 3 year degree? (no top ups/HNDs allowed?) :roll:

Thanks.
This is not a general discussion topic. It is considered rude to tag on to other members threads/topics and creates confusion when members post replies. Please start your own topic with your circumstances.
Char (CR001 not Casa)