ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Timing question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ubiquitous

Timing question

Post by ubiquitous » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:28 pm

I recently applied for naturalisation via the AN1 application and NCS. I made a mistake with my bank balance and the debit card payment was declined. I now have enough money in the account but I'm slightly confused about what to do next.

The Home Office sent two separate letters inside one envelope. One was to say that I need to do the biometric enrollment within 15 working days and is headed UK Visas and Immigration, The Capital Building, Liverpool, L3 9PP. The other says that my card was declined and that a new payment must be received within 14 days (doesn't say working days) and is headed Home Office, North West Region, Nationality Team, PO Box 306, Liverpool, L2 0QN.

So, already I've lost 7 days because both letters were dated 23rd March and I only received them on the 29th of March. I now have 7 days left, not just to send payment but apparently for it to be received. If they are as slow at processing the payment as they are at everything else, I'm doomed! ;) They attached a payment form which I've filled out, but did not provide a specific address to send it to. I assume I'm supposed to send it to the address in the header (Home Office NW Region) but I'm not 100% sure and I don't want to send it into a black hole of paperwork. Also, the letter about the biometric enrollment letter says "There is a balance of fee outstanding on your application. This must be paid before you provide your biometrics." so I'm not sure exactly when I should do the biometrics either.

So I don't know for sure where to send the payment and I can't enroll in the biometrics until it's been paid. And what if it hasn't been taken when my time limit for biometric enrollment expires?? This bureaucracy drives me crazy. The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. Has anyone been in this situation and knows how to handle it in terms of timing and address for payment? I'm probably making a big deal out of nothing but given the time constraints they're imposing and the difficulty in contacting them to ask simple questions, I'm a bit worried that it will all go wrong and I'll have no way of sorting the mess out.

Thanks,
David

JohnnyZee

Re: Timing question

Post by JohnnyZee » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:13 pm

Hi David - You need to send the payment form to the address on the letter asking for the payment. The address on the biometric letter is the generic home office address (HQ). Just look at these two letters separately. Assume they came in separate envelopes. These people were trying to save on postage. Make payment ASAP.

For Biometrics, what is last date of enrolling? I would enroll by then. Don't stress, these deadlines are there to scare us into making decisions quickly. All the best.

ubiquitous

Post by ubiquitous » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:43 pm

JohnnyZee wrote:Hi David - You need to send the payment form to the address on the letter asking for the payment. The address on the biometric letter is the generic home office address (HQ). Just look at these two letters separately. Assume they came in separate envelopes. These people were trying to save on postage. Make payment ASAP.

For Biometrics, what is last date of enrolling? I would enroll by then. Don't stress, these deadlines are there to scare us into making decisions quickly. All the best.
Thank you for your reply. OK, that makes sense, I guessed it must be the address at the top of the letter but it really isn't clear and considering what will happen if the payment goes to the wrong office or desk (the application is cancelled), it's irresponsible that they don't make it very clear what address to use. :) Oh well.

The last date of enrolling, according to the letter, is 15 working days from the 23rd of March. So for my calculations, that's the 13th of March. If my payment is received and processed quickly (I can't assume this) then I should have plenty of time. But if they don't process it quicklyand I don't see the money come out of my account, my only choice is to do the biometric enrollment and hope that if it becomes a problem, they try to understand why I did it!

ubiquitous

Post by ubiquitous » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:56 pm

As an update in case anyone else is also in a similar situation. I was given a number to call - 0300 123 2253. I gave them a call and they said they the Home Office North West Region address would be okay and the payment would be processed at that address.

They also said that they believed the invitation to complete the biometric enrollment was mistakenly sent to me because it should not be sent UNTIL the payment is accepted and processed. So they said that the invitation was incorrect and I should receive a new one in about 14 days.

I then called back a second time, just to get a second opinion as it seemed a bit questionable. The guy I spoke to the second time said that I COULD try to do the biometric enrollment and if the payment wasn't received, the post office would simply say it's not being accepted. If the payment has definitely left my bank account then in theory it should be fine to do the biometric enrollment. But if I simply waited, a second letter would be sent after the 15 working days to remind me to do the biometric enrollment with (if I understand correctly) a new enrollment barcode that should be valid. So.. I'm still confused, but slightly less confused than before. :)

narsii

Post by narsii » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:07 pm

Hi ubiquitous,

Please find below a timeline which is similar to your case ( payment failure ) .

UPDATE:
Money gone from account today 03/02/2016

ilruk84 wrote:
Eligibility criteria: 10 years residence + 1 years ILR
Language criteria met: Masters Degree Certificate copy
Nationality: Pakistani
Method of application: Merton NCS
Date of application: 05/01/2016
Payment method: Debit Card details in the Fee Form
Date of receipt by UKBA: 07/01/2016
Date of acknowledgement: 20/01/2016
Date money gone off account: 03/02/2016 (Got letter on 20/01/2016 saying payment declined, send them new card details next day still waiting for money to be taken)
Date of letter requesting biometrics: 20/01/2016
Biometrics done: 21/01/2016
Date of approval: TBC
Date of ceremony: TBC.
As per the update , he has given the biometrics before he made the second payment .

I think you can safely go for the biometrics and send the new payment form ASAP. Try contacting the "ilruk84" if he can provide more information about his status .

Hope this helps
Regards,
Narsii
ubiquitous wrote:As an update in case anyone else is also in a similar situation. I was given a number to call - 0300 123 2253. I gave them a call and they said they the Home Office North West Region address would be okay and the payment would be processed at that address.

They also said that they believed the invitation to complete the biometric enrollment was mistakenly sent to me because it should not be sent UNTIL the payment is accepted and processed. So they said that the invitation was incorrect and I should receive a new one in about 14 days.

I then called back a second time, just to get a second opinion as it seemed a bit questionable. The guy I spoke to the second time said that I COULD try to do the biometric enrollment and if the payment wasn't received, the post office would simply say it's not being accepted. If the payment has definitely left my bank account then in theory it should be fine to do the biometric enrollment. But if I simply waited, a second letter would be sent after the 15 working days to remind me to do the biometric enrollment with (if I understand correctly) a new enrollment barcode that should be valid. So.. I'm still confused, but slightly less confused than before. :)