ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Details are incorrect in COS - Help needed

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

India_123

Details are incorrect in COS - Help needed

Post by India_123 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:11 pm

Hi All,

I am on Tier 2 ICT established staff visa in UK and recently got an offer from another employer to switch to tier 2 general. New employer sent COS but it has following issues They submitted COS without asking me to verify draft version :(

1. passport number is incorrectly mentioned (they put letter O instead of Zero)
2. COS start date is on 1st Apr. I got 1 month notice with current employer and told them that i cant start by 1st Apr but HR is saying you can continue working with old employer after 1st Apr and join new employer at any later stage. As far as i read in this form, I can't work with old employer beyond the COS start date of new employer. could you confirm please?
3. RLMT comment says the job is advertised from 6th Jan - 26th Jan which counts only 26 days. Is this valid or it should be exactly 28 days
4. they mentioned Tier and Category field as Tier 2 (General - Changes of Employment) - Is this the correct one to use when we switch from ICT to tier 2 general?

Need your advice on how to handle this. I heard some details in COS can be amended in SMS. if it is amended, will it have any impact on decision. I am worried that there are too many errors here :( is there any way we can get this COS cancelled and re-issue new one? if so any restriction on this?

Please advice.

Thanks in advance..

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: Details are incorrect in COS - Help needed

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:41 am

Given the RLMT issue of failing to advertise for a minimum of 28 days that COS will achieve nothing but a refusal.

Get another COS issued and verify that RLMT was completed properly.

India_123

Post by India_123 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:34 pm

Hi frontier,

Thanks for your reply.

I checked with my employer and they mentioned that the job was posted in jobcentre plus for 28 days and in company's website (NHS) for 3 weeks (21 days). They said jobcentre advertisement for 28 days is what matters and it should be fine for my application.

Could you let me know if this is fine? Thanks in advance.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:06 pm

Unless the NHS has special dispensation the 28 day rule applies for all adverts. It has to be JCP plus one other for 28 days....

India_123

Post by India_123 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:21 pm

Hi Frontier,

Thanks for your response.

I called UKBA tier 2 call centre number and asked this question. They said job centre plus advertisement for 28 days is fine and I can apply for visa.

I am not sure if there is still a problem on this :?

India_123

Tier 2 general COS withdrawn

Post by India_123 » Mon May 02, 2016 11:52 am

Hi All,

I am on Tier 2 ICT (granted before April 2011) and trying to switch to tier 2 general in UK.
I got a job offer from employer1 but they assigned COS with many mistakes. Meanwhile I got another better offer from employer2 as well. Now, before I accept the second offer, what are things i should make sure? I asked employer1 to withdraw the COS and they sent a screenshot from SMS showing the COS status as "withdrawn". Any other things i should check before I ask employer2 for new COS generation?

Thanks in advance.