ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PR - Is backdated CSI possible?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

maygod
Newly Registered

PR - Is backdated CSI possible?

Post by maygod » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:07 pm

Hello Everyone
I am new.
Have spent few hours reading the topics and decided to register as I am part of you or am experience same emotions like most of you here.
I felt very strange , kind of touched to you
Reading your worries , advices, opinions , hopes ..even waiting for the mailman to show up and bring good news..
It is difficult for everyone who is a foreigner and I hope God bless everyone and see your needs.
Well If you dont mind I will post a new topic which might be helpful for some past students
I have sent my documents for PRcard in February.
Spent decent time over a week only working on collecting doc.
Unfortunately I found this forum too late
I was not aware of how precisely HO check dates and documents.
So one of my worry that stands out amongst many others is I had CSI (Private Medical ins)for the period Sept 2011-Sept 2012 , applied for student card, received it and after one year I have cancelled my Private Ins as I thought wont be needed.I kept being students 3 years without Medical Insurance.
I am Bulgarian -EEU member
Just sent an email to the insurance company if I can renew backdated my Policy.
Do you think HO will notice that the CSI is only for first year and refuse my PRcard because not followed my treaty rights?
Thank you in advance to those people who I see try their best to help and answer so many desperate people.

noajthan

Re: Is backdated CSI possible ?

Post by noajthan » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:11 pm

maygod wrote:Hello Everyone

So one of my worry that stands out amongst many others is I had CSI (Private Medical ins)for the period Sept 2011-Sept 2012 , applied for student card, received it and after one year I have cancelled my Private Ins as I thought wont be needed.I kept being students 3 years without Medical Insurance.
Do you think HO will notice that the CSI is only for first year and refuse my PRcard because not followed my treaty rights?
Thank you in advance to those people who I see try their best to help and answer so many desperate people.
Yes if caseworker is awake and doing their job they should be cross-checking the validity of your CSI etc etc.
CSI is a kind of insurance so unlikely you can backdate such a policy.

Do you/did you have a foreign-issued EHIC?

By "student card" do you mean you had a UK-issued RC (issued to you as a student)?
If so a transitional arrangement may save your bacon.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Casa
United Kingdom

Is backdated CSI possible ?

Post by Casa » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:12 pm

No insurance policy can be back-dated.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

salmintin

Post by salmintin » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:40 pm

maygod wrote:Hello Everyone
I am new.
Have spent few hours reading the topics and decided to register as I am part of you or am experience same emotions like most of you here.
I felt very strange , kind of touched to you
Reading your worries , advices, opinions , hopes ..even waiting for the mailman to show up and bring good news..
It is difficult for everyone who is a foreigner and I hope God bless everyone and see your needs.
Well If you dont mind I will post a new topic which might be helpful for some past students
I have sent my documents for PRcard in February.
Spent decent time over a week only working on collecting doc.
Unfortunately I found this forum too late
I was not aware of how precisely HO check dates and documents.
You can't backdate your CSI. You can't do anything about it.

When did you start uni? If you were issued a Yellow Registration Certificate before 20.06.2011, in principle you didn't need a CSI, although there were cases of such situations that were refused initially.

maygod
Newly Registered

Post by maygod » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:07 pm

Oh my ..
Thank you so much for your quick responce.
Many thanx for helping
The Policy is a whole book
It doesnt state being canceled nowhere only can be seen : Renew date.
They may contact me to provide the renew , which I dont have
My student card is being issued after June 2011 so I dont fall under that exeption.
I have been 2 years student Accountancy and one year IELTS
No insurance as I had teh Student Yellow Card but also I had at the same time Self Employed Card ( not been working as self . Only Volunteering as an Asistant Accountant 2 years for two days a week. They didnt want to pay me.

maygod
Newly Registered

Post by maygod » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:07 pm

Just to add my Insurance was with WPA

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:21 pm

maygod wrote:Oh my ..
Thank you so much for your quick responce.
Many thanx for helping
The Policy is a whole book
It doesnt state being canceled nowhere only can be seen : Renew date.
They may contact me to provide the renew , which I dont have
My student card is being issued after June 2011 so I dont fall under that exeption.
I have been 2 years student Accountancy and one year IELTS
No insurance as I had teh Student Yellow Card but also I had at the same time Self Employed Card ( not been working as self . Only Volunteering as an Asistant Accountant 2 years for two days a week. They didnt want to pay me.
With no long-term CSI/EHIC or student RC (pre-2011) then, unfortunately, your student period will not count towards PR.

Voluntary work (for no pay) will not count towards PR as 'self-employment' as it will be seen as 'marginal and supplementary' rather than 'genuine and effective'.
It may count as self-sufficiency but again CSI would be required.

maygod
Newly Registered

Post by maygod » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:34 pm

I am studying at the moment for my Life in the Uk exam for dreamed Passport but obviously i wont need it any soon :oops:
I live with my british citizen boyfriend for 5 years. Not having official marriage only religious .
Maybe I made a mistake applying on my own.
Was there different option which could have give me PR card without the need of that Private medical insurance.
I am still Self employed but I work from home have online shop/( i havent said that to HO)
Only mentioned that fiance supports me and I have some illness Thyroid( low energy for energetic work)
Just to add until 2014 Bulgarians ( which is me ) were forbidden to be employed. Only Self Employed or students. Thats why I was volunteer not employed by the Accounting Company

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:02 pm

maygod wrote:I am studying at the moment for my Life in the Uk exam for dreamed Passport but obviously i wont need it any soon :oops:
I live with my british citizen boyfriend for 5 years. Not having official marriage only religious .
Was there different option which could have give me PR card without the need of that Private medical insurance.
I am still Self employed but I work from home have online shop/( i havent said that to HO)
Only mentioned that fiance supports me and I have some illness Thyroid( low energy for energetic work)
Just to add until 2014 Bulgarians ( which is me ) were forbidden to be employed. Only Self Employed or students. Thats why I was volunteer not employed by the Accounting Company
Qualified persons include: worker, self-employed, jobseeker - in these categories, no CSI required.
Or self-sufficient & student - for which CSI is required.

To be self-employed with an online shop the work still needs to be genuine & effective.

maygod
Newly Registered

Post by maygod » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:41 pm

To be self-employed with an online shop the work still needs to be genuine & effective.[/quote]

Thank you for your advice. I read a lot here and am part aware of the requirements.
Would you please tell me what do you mean by your last sentence?
Genuine it is genuine but as a private seller not a business account.
Effective yes as it brings me some profit but not as much
I pay my NIC and also my name is on the Council Bill ( we have a house)
Do you suggest I send additional information regarding this activity of mine (online shop)for the period I have been doing it?
I have explained the reason for not been working as much last few years due to permanent illness.
Also Is it not illegal to possess Yellow card for self employment together with Yellow card for student?
Student card allows 20h employment( not been used)

maygod
Newly Registered

Post by maygod » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:42 pm

noajthan wrote:
maygod wrote:I am studying at the moment for my Life in the Uk exam for dreamed Passport but obviously i wont need it any soon :oops:
Qualified persons include: worker, self-employed, jobseeker - in these categories, no CSI required.
Or self-sufficient & student - for which CSI is required.

To be self-employed with an online shop the work still needs to be genuine & effective.
Could you please tell me if I can send additional documents to proove that I have been financially supported by fiance or shall I wait for refusal and then apply with new aplication based on having sponcor

maygod
Newly Registered

PR based on self employm, study and being supported

Post by maygod » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:14 am

Can anyone please tell me as I am so filled now with information from this forum but still dont get it.
My PR applic is on self employment base EU member
I provided documents :
Paid NIC
Name on Council Bill for own property
Paid Students Fees 3years
Bank Statements
Registration Certificates- Self Empl and Student Card
CSI for one year only
CL explaining that I have been involved with our house extension and renovation and have not been working as self employed also explaining I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's ( thyroid)
some additional doc for being for over a month unable to move from bed due to Sciatica
2010 Jan - 2011 Sept ---self empl basis ( few invoices of cleanng private houses)
2011 Sept- 2012 Sept ---student ( CSI ) student yellow card
2012sep -2013sep student -no CSI been fin supported by fiance British Citizen
2013-2014 student no CSI been fin supported
2014-2105 online shop and supported fin
2015-2016 online shop and supported fin
Some Voluntary work in office Accounting
I have not provided any information on my online shop as I thought being in UK 5 plus 1 is enough to have the PRcard issued
Now i found out that No CSI while study is loss !!!!
I attached CL explaining that I have been involved with our house extension and renovation and have not been working as self employed also explaining I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's ( thyroid) and fiance support me.
Shall I send additional documents in order to cover the two students years with info being supported financialy from British fiance ( no official marriage) or/and some evidence of online shop( sales, expences) or only paypal account ..transactions
Many many thanx if someone can give me a clue .

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PR based on self employm, study and being supported

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:42 am

maygod wrote:Can anyone please tell me as I am so filled now with information from this forum but still dont get it.
My PR applic is on self employment base EU member
I provided documents :
Paid NIC
Name on Council Bill for own property
Paid Students Fees 3years
Bank Statements
Registration Certificates- Self Empl and Student Card
CSI for one year only
CL explaining that I have been involved with our house extension and renovation and have not been working as self employed also explaining I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's ( thyroid)
some additional doc for being for over a month unable to move from bed due to Sciatica
2010 Jan - 2011 Sept ---self empl basis ( few invoices of cleanng private houses)
2011 Sept- 2012 Sept ---student ( CSI ) student yellow card
2012sep -2013sep student -no CSI been fin supported by fiance British Citizen
2013-2014 student no CSI been fin supported
2014-2105 online shop and supported fin
2015-2016 online shop and supported fin
Some Voluntary work in office Accounting
I have not provided any information on my online shop as I thought being in UK 5 plus 1 is enough to have the PRcard issued
Now i found out that No CSI while study is loss !!!!
I attached CL explaining that I have been involved with our house extension and renovation and have not been working as self employed also explaining I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's ( thyroid) and fiance support me.
Shall I send additional documents in order to cover the two students years with info being supported financialy from British fiance ( no official marriage) or/and some evidence of online shop( sales, expences) or only paypal account ..transactions
Many many thanx if someone can give me a clue .
I have merged your new Topic/thread with your existing one.

Can you please stop starting new topics with the same question. See Multiple Posts (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

maygod
Newly Registered

Re: PR - Is backdated CSI possible?

Post by maygod » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:13 am

Can you please give me an advice if I can receive PRcard on base of self emplyment , student card and financialy supported or sponcor.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:23 am

maygod wrote:Thank you for your advice. I read a lot here and am part aware of the requirements.
Would you please tell me what do you mean by your last sentence?
Genuine it is genuine but as a private seller not a business account.
Effective yes as it brings me some profit but not as much
I pay my NIC and also my name is on the Council Bill ( we have a house)
Do you suggest I send additional information regarding this activity of mine (online shop)for the period I have been doing it?
I have explained the reason for not been working as much last few years due to permanent illness.
Also Is it not illegal to possess Yellow card for self employment together with Yellow card for student?
Student card allows 20h employment( not been used)
You can read about how HO will assess you as a worker or self-employed qualified person here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _clean.pdf
- note the section about assessing if work is genuine/effective