ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pakistan UK Spouse visa appeals

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zeksy1

Re: PAKISTAN UK SPOUSE VISA APPEALS

Post by zeksy1 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:24 pm

Had the same situation so last month i emailed them and asked abt ma supportin docs cux i was also planing for reapply then thy sent me my docs after a week..But if u dun need thm then jus wait once ua appeal finalize u will get thm.May ALLAH give us success

confusedd_786

Post by confusedd_786 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:33 pm

zeksy1 wrote:Had the same situation so last month i emailed them and asked abt ma supportin docs cux i was also planing for reapply then thy sent me my docs after a week..But if u dun need thm then jus wait once ua appeal finalize u will get thm.May ALLAH give us success

Hmmm okay but like u can still ask them after the review deadline??

dcfitness

Post by dcfitness » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:51 am

Assalam-o-Alaikum,

Alhamdulillah I got call to collect passport yesterday evening. I went to pick it up today. Its 30 days visa and they have attched a letter with it which says i can travel within 30 days and i must collect my BRP within 10 days of arrival. There are no travel restrictions as they have not mentioned any dates.

Ouk23
Newly Registered

Post by Ouk23 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:17 pm

Walaikumsalaam, mubarak my brother, hope all goes well and have a safe journey.

dcfitness

Post by dcfitness » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:22 pm

Ouk23 wrote:Walaikumsalaam, mubarak my brother, hope all goes well and have a safe journey.
Kher mubarak. In sha Allah they will call u soon aswel. Which city u applied from?

2011maryam

Post by 2011maryam » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:39 pm

dcfitness wrote:Assalam-o-Alaikum,

Alhamdulillah I got call to collect passport yesterday evening. I went to pick it up today. Its 30 days visa and they have attched a letter with it which says i can travel within 30 days and i must collect my BRP within 10 days of arrival. There are no travel restrictions as they have not mentioned any dates.
Congratulations
Visa Refused: 23/4/ 2015
Appeal Submitted: 29/4/2015
Appeal notice issued: 23/6/16
Review date: 6/10/2015
Court hearing: 8/2/2016
Judge decision received: 10/2/2016
Call in Letter: 24/2/16
Submitted PP : 26/2/16
Visa granted: 20/4/16

ranihani

Post by ranihani » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:41 pm

Finally good news for a long time
Applied 31/22/2015
Refused 20/01/2016
Reason for refusal no payslips and no bank statement
Showing payment
Appealed 1/2/2016 online
11/5/16 got letter saying withdraw of decision
What next now

abdab1
Newly Registered

Post by abdab1 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:21 pm

Hi i jut want to ask. My wifes initial application was refused in march 2015 and we appealed in april 2015. When we applied the ihs surcharge was not payable. We appealed and the decision got overturned end of feb and my wife received the call to hand passport in start of march. Its been 3 weeks now and we haven't heard anything. Wanted to ask do i need to pay ihs surcharge as ive not been told i need to and would i need to as the initial application was before the ihs surcharge came out.

Thanks

dcfitness

Post by dcfitness » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:34 pm

abdab1 wrote:

Hi i jut want to ask. My wifes initial application was refused in march 2015 and we appealed in april 2015. When we applied the ihs surcharge was not payable. We appealed and the decision got overturned end of feb and my wife received the call to hand passport in start of march. Its been 3 weeks now and we haven't heard anything. Wanted to ask do i need to pay ihs surcharge as ive not been told i need to and would i need to as the initial application was before the ihs surcharge came out.

Thanks
First of all congrats for the decision being overturned. As far as I know, you dont have to pay ihs surcharge. One of other forum member @maryam2011 submitted passport with call in letter and have not paid ihs surcharge either. As you can see from my timeline, they are taking roughly 30 working days to stamp the visa after submitting passport with call in letter.

abdab1
Newly Registered

Post by abdab1 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:05 pm

dcfitness wrote:
abdab1 wrote:

Thanks
First of all congrats for the decision being overturned. As far as I know, you dont have to pay ihs surcharge. One of other forum member @maryam2011 submitted passport with call in letter and have not paid ihs surcharge either. As you can see from my timeline, they are taking roughly 30 working days to stamp the visa after submitting passport with call in letter.
Jazakallah khair for replying. I think ill wait a week or two and if i dont hear ill chase it up. Thanks again

2011maryam

Post by 2011maryam » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:23 pm

abdab1 wrote:

Thanks
Salam

Am in the same boat passport submitted on 26th February and at the time of refusal ihs wasnt payable as per my solicitor he advised this doesnt need to be paid

Also another girl submitted her passport on the 2nd feb and collected passport on 14th march (roughly 30 working days) and she also didn't need to pay ihs.

Hope this helps
Visa Refused: 23/4/ 2015
Appeal Submitted: 29/4/2015
Appeal notice issued: 23/6/16
Review date: 6/10/2015
Court hearing: 8/2/2016
Judge decision received: 10/2/2016
Call in Letter: 24/2/16
Submitted PP : 26/2/16
Visa granted: 20/4/16

Raymandosnr
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Raymandosnr » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:59 pm

Congratulations my brother is been a long time coming, I hope others will receive a response soon as I don't know why embassy has been slow processing call in letters, I think it's peak season
pplied : 13/05/15
Refused : 6/8/15
Appeal Submitted : 18/08/15
MP Letter Sent: 20/10/15
Appeal review deadline: 09/01/16
Phone Call Received, Call In Letter Sent: 3/11/15
Call In Letter Submitted: 9/11/15
Call to Collect: 3/12/15
Visa granted: 4/12/15

MGH
BANNED

Post by MGH » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:04 am

Just an update

I went to see my MP yesterday, gave her all the details regarding my wife's case, she made some enquiries with the home office, apparently they sent call letter out on the 5th March. However the email they sent it to was not correct, we have provided correct email address, she was told that it would be dealt with as a matter of urgency, let's see!!

Raymandosnr
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Raymandosnr » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:09 am

MGH wrote:Just an update

I went to see my MP yesterday, gave her all the details regarding my wife's case, she made some enquiries with the home office, apparently they sent call letter out on the 5th March. However the email they sent it to was not correct, we have provided correct email address, she was told that it would be dealt with as a matter of urgency, let's see!!
Unfortunately this happens sometimes and people get stuck in limbo for months I'm glad you went to your mp and sorted it out , hopefully inshallah your spouse will get the letter via email before end of the week
pplied : 13/05/15
Refused : 6/8/15
Appeal Submitted : 18/08/15
MP Letter Sent: 20/10/15
Appeal review deadline: 09/01/16
Phone Call Received, Call In Letter Sent: 3/11/15
Call In Letter Submitted: 9/11/15
Call to Collect: 3/12/15
Visa granted: 4/12/15

MGH
BANNED

Post by MGH » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:12 am

Raymandosnr wrote:

Unfortunately this happens sometimes and people get stuck in limbo for months I'm glad you went to your mp and sorted it out , hopefully inshallah your spouse will get the letter via email before end of the week
Inshallah, I really hope so, I have my ticket booked for 17th Aapril, might just cancel it and wait for her to get her stamp, then go to accompany her back to uk.

Beena

Post by Beena » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:27 am

MGH wrote:
Raymandosnr wrote:

Inshallah, I really hope so, I have my ticket booked for 17th Aapril, might just cancel it and wait for her to get her stamp, then go to accompany her back to uk.

Where was your court hearing held?
Appealed-29/09/15
Deadline-10/02/16
review unsuccesful
Hearing-30/11/16

Decision withdrawn before hearing

HOPO notice-17/11/16
Judge's notice-24/11/16
Call in letter/IHS paid-1/12/16
Pp submitted-9/12/16

Collected-15/12/16 Alhamdulillah

Beena

Post by Beena » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:34 am

Ameen, I was represented by a solicitor. However I did quite a lot of research myself, I managed to get some recent cases from the tribunal which had similar refusal reasons as mine, that were granted at court. I presented these to the judge in court. The solicitor can only really ellaborate on any answers you give, he cannot provide any submission on his own.[/quote]

How did you manage to get hold of recent cases with similar reasons for refusal that were granted?

I know people with literally the same reason and they were overturned at the reviewing stage and km waiting for a court date!! If you could elaborate that'd be great
Appealed-29/09/15
Deadline-10/02/16
review unsuccesful
Hearing-30/11/16

Decision withdrawn before hearing

HOPO notice-17/11/16
Judge's notice-24/11/16
Call in letter/IHS paid-1/12/16
Pp submitted-9/12/16

Collected-15/12/16 Alhamdulillah

MGH
BANNED

Post by MGH » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:37 am

My hearing was held at Bradford

soworried
Newly Registered

Post by soworried » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:17 am

Salam
Appealed on 18th December
Deadline 16 May
2 weeks ago I got an email from sheffield visa section statin that we have made a decision n will return all of the supporting documents ...
Yesterday I got the parcel.but there were only those documents which I sent them when I made application.
Soo confused plus worried
Whats goin on

rajam

Post by rajam » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:56 pm

soworried wrote:Salam
Appealed on 18th December
Deadline 16 May
2 weeks ago I got an email from sheffield visa section statin that we have made a decision n will return all of the supporting documents ...
Yesterday I got the parcel.but there were only those documents which I sent them when I made application.
Soo confused plus worried
Whats goin on
I also appealed on the 28th december and the review deadline is 12th may. So we have a similiar timeline . I wouldnt worry too much about the documents being returned to you as they can sometimes delay the peocess. Mt documents were returned to be within a few days after a few days of refusal. What were the reasons you were refused on?
Applied : 5th august 2015
Refused: 7th december 2015
Appealed: 28 december 2015
Deadline: 12 may 2016
Overturned: 2nd august
Passport submitted: 11th august
Still waiting...

MGH
BANNED

Post by MGH » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:02 pm

Beena wrote:Ameen, I was represented by a solicitor. However I did quite a lot of research myself, I managed to get some recent cases from the tribunal which had similar refusal reasons as mine, that were granted at court. I presented these to the judge in court. The solicitor can only really ellaborate on any answers you give, he cannot provide any submission on his own.

How did you manage to get hold of recent cases with similar reasons for refusal that were granted?

I know people with literally the same reason and they were overturned at the reviewing stage and km waiting for a court date!! If you could elaborate that'd be great[/quote]

You need to search tribunal decisions, this brings up a page with recent upper tribunal decisions, there is a search feature on this website, enter keywords as your refusal reasons and search, tick the reported cases box, this brings up cases with similar reasons for refusal, read through each determination, if you find anything that is similar to your case, use it. It is a time consuming exercise, should be worth your while, take a look, see what you make of it.

Rsforlife
Newly Registered

Post by Rsforlife » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:12 pm

MGH wrote:
Beena wrote:Ameen, I was represented by a solicitor. However I did quite a lot of research myself, I managed to get some recent cases from the tribunal which had similar refusal reasons as mine, that were granted at court. I presented these to the judge in court. The solicitor can only really ellaborate on any answers you give, he cannot provide any submission on his own.

I know people with literally the same reason and they were overturned at the reviewing stage and km waiting for a court date!! If you could elaborate that'd be great

You need to search tribunal decisions, this brings up a page with recent upper tribunal decisions, there is a search feature on this website, enter keywords as your refusal reasons and search, tick the reported cases box, this brings up cases with similar reasons for refusal, read through each determination, if you find anything that is similar to your case, use it. It is a time consuming exercise, should be worth your while, take a look, see what you make of it.[/quote]
My wife got a letter say :o s decision for appeal is withdrawn? What does this mean? They asking for consent for withdrawl?

saturn 123789

Post by saturn 123789 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:18 pm

I Think you won your case before court , wasn't you waiting for hearing?

MGH
BANNED

Post by MGH » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:26 pm

@rsforlife

Your original refusal decision has been overturned, you should receive call letter to submit passport soon, get TB certificate renewed if it has expired while you are awaiting call letter

Rsforlife
Newly Registered

Post by Rsforlife » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:10 pm

MGH wrote:@rsforlife

Your original refusal decision has been overturned, you should receive call letter to submit passport soon, get TB certificate renewed if it has expired while you are awaiting call letter
It says got 28 or 14 days for consent withdrawl? With good reason if you don't want withdrawl? Confused here if you explain? So don't need do anything just wait for call letter?