ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Nationality Question

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ilr-seeker
Newly Registered

Nationality Question

Post by ilr-seeker » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:30 am

I received my ILR from Liverpool PEO on 20-DEC-07, our baby boy was born in U.K on 14-NOV-07. Since he was born before our ILR I know that he will not automatically become British. But I have read somewhere that I can register him as British, can you please point me in the right direction? in terms of application form & guidance notes?

Thank you.

edit:

I have found this on BIA website. Which application to use? Fee ? are not clear.

Section 1(3) applications - children born in the United Kingdom to parents who are now settled in the United Kingdom

If the child's parents become settled in the United Kingdom or become British citizens, the child will have an entitlement to register as a British citizen. This registration would be under section 1(3) of the British Nationality Act 1981.

vinny

Nationality Question

Post by vinny » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:51 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:58 pm

You need form MN1.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!