ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration Health Surcharge

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Echoes
United Kingdom

Immigration Health Surcharge

Post by Echoes » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:43 am

This is going to double the cost of 3 year Tier 2 Extension applications from 6 April.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... r-migrants

safatafa
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Immigration Health Surcharge

Post by safatafa » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:33 pm

does it apply for ilr?

Echoes
United Kingdom

Post by Echoes » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:02 pm

It does not apply to ILR applicants.

Sheffield_Marketeer
Member of Standing

Post by Sheffield_Marketeer » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:18 am

This is a dismal development for migrants. I would have thought they wouldn't have made people working and making Ni contributions to pay for this. But no. So disappointed.

Echoes
United Kingdom

Post by Echoes » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:24 am

Considering that we pay the same taxes and NI as everyone else without entitlement to any benefits or tax credits, it would not be unreasonable to claim that we contribute more to the country compared to a settled or local worker. The powers that be would use every possible opportunity to milk us further.

coolguy_83

Post by coolguy_83 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:56 am

It's really outrageous to pay surcharge upfront for entire visa period during visa application. :cry:

What happens when somebody decides to leave UK before his visa duration. All the money lost ?

imam.asad
Newly Registered

Post by imam.asad » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:42 am

Hi all,

I am also extremely disheartened by this development. The NI contribution plus this surcharge is beyond comprehension. What next, they will start charging for council tax and road tax in advance based on assumption we could be renting whole properties or driving.

I understand applying it on the new students coming here, however why should the same student pay this charge if he/she gets a job with sponsorship and starts paying NI. I must say none of the other immigration changes so far have upset me more than this. I understand this has been going on for days, however it appears this was never given enough public light. Perhaps to avoid any opposition through petitions.

The only solace I can draw in this situation is that I have just had a Tier 2 general extension and thankfully this will not come in play with my IRL application.

The only thing which is not clear to me is regarding 'change of employment' applications. Will this surcharge come into play if i intend to change my employer?

My solicitor advised to wait until the rule is rolled out on the 6th of April and the policy guidance document is updated.

However, if anyone already has some clue then please share with us.

Regards,
Asad

Tanvi S
Newly Registered

Post by Tanvi S » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:15 pm

Hi ,

I am applying for Tier 2 General Dependent upto 3 years. I am in the UK for last 3 years and this is the visa extension.
I understand I have to pay the health surcharge but not sure how much. When I calculate using the Gov website it shows £1800 which is way too much.
On reading the guideline for health surcharge it says it is £200 per year.

Can someone please advise me on this?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Tanvi S

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:17 pm

It should be £600. Do not include your partners details.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

justdopposite

Post by justdopposite » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:53 am

Hi

I'm applying for 3yrs remaining T2 extension but my COS is for 5yrs, although my HR plans to add a sponsor note with new end date to reflect 3yrs only.

Should I be paying IHS for 3yrs or 5yrs ? Please advise. I searched other posts and couldn't find a answer. :(