ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa from India

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

swats_1315
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa from India

Post by swats_1315 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:08 pm

Hi All,

I am on my ILR and would like to apply dependent visa for my spouse from INDIA. Can someone please help me with the procedure. Is it online that we need to fill the form and what would the form called and how long usually it will take to grant this visa?

Also please help me with the document list.

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse Visa from India

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:27 pm

Have you done any of your own research?

Apply to Join Family in the UK (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

swats_1315
Newly Registered

Post by swats_1315 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:33 pm

Thanks for the link!

yes, i did but, people around confused me saying i will need to fill in a FLR form and drop it with the documents and was also told that the initial visa will be granted to the spouse for only 1 month initially. All these things confused a little.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:46 pm

It is VAF4A if applying from India.

FLR(M) is ONLY for applications in the UK.

Yes, your spouse will only get an initial visa in her passport for 30 days and she must travel within that time and once in the UK, collect the BRP card within 10 days from the nominated Post Office.

The first spouse visa is issued for 33 or 30 months, which is what the BRP dates will be.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:47 pm

FLR(M) is an application much later on, not now. Your spouse will have to enter the UK within 30 days from the date the visa is issued in order to collect her BRP at a designated Post Office within 10 days of arrival. The first period of limited leave to remain is 2.5 years.

Edit: Beaten once again by Miss Speedy Fingers, CR001 :roll:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:58 pm

Casa wrote:Edit: Beaten once again by Miss Speedy Fingers, CR001 :roll:
LOL, my 'less time on IB' is not going so well :wink:
Char (CR001 not Casa)