ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT - supplementary employment

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Rooney the saviour
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Tier 2 ICT - supplementary employment

Post by Rooney the saviour » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:04 pm

Hello All,

I have a query regarding the T2-ICT supplementary work rule. As per UKBA guidance notes, a T2-ICT work permit holder can take up a supplementary employment within his/her area of expertise, same professional level etc and not exceeding more than 20 hours of work per week.

Interestingly, there are european countries who allows non-eu expats to come and work in their country(likes of Sweden, Finland etc) and they have exemptions from the work permit requirements rule for people who live and work in, but are not citizens of, an EU/EEA country or Switzerland and who want to work in Sweden temporarily as a contractor or the equivalent.

Now my question is, can I use my T2-ICT supplementary work allowance and take up a 20hr/week contract in one of these countries which allows expats to come and work as a contractor? Needless to say I am IT professional :) and offcourse I am looking for jobs within my skill set and not anything dodgy.

Many thanks,
A

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Tier 2 ICT - supplementary employment

Post by Wanderer » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:12 pm

Never heard of such a facility but would it be worth it for just 20 hrs a week in these fabulously expensive countries? I did a stint in Sotckholm some years back on a rateof £a lot/day, now I'm getting calls at £less than half/day, flights, accom, plus general expensive stuff makes it not viable anymore, not to say the taxation issues and empolying a Swedish and UK account who is a tax expert.

Added to that the contracting industry in general doesn't really go for part time contracts...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Rooney the saviour
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Rooney the saviour » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:35 pm

Thanks for your reply and I second every bit of what you have said. But a short term contract has come up and they are actually looking for someone who can work for 2-3 days a week part time with all expenses covered in Copenhagen. I know it sounds crazy but its true.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:41 pm

Rooney the saviour wrote:Thanks for your reply and I second every bit of what you have said. But a short term contract has come up and they are actually looking for someone who can work for 2-3 days a week part time with all expenses covered in Copenhagen. I know it sounds crazy but its true.
Is it the Blue Card your thinking of, or some other thing? Can't see anything online...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Card ... n_Union%29

Rooney the saviour
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Rooney the saviour » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:44 pm

Exemptions from the work permit requirements :

http://www.migrationsverket.se/info/165_en.html

Third bullet point from bottom.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:52 pm

Rooney the saviour wrote:Exemptions from the work permit requirements :

http://www.migrationsverket.se/info/165_en.html

Third bullet point from bottom.
Intetesting, but not sure contractor means contractor in the UK IT sense. Plus depending on nationality you might still need a residence permit.

No harm in asking the authorites though, I don't know anything personally!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:59 pm

Rooney the saviour wrote:Thanks for your reply and I second every bit of what you have said. But a short term contract has come up and they are actually looking for someone who can work for 2-3 days a week part time with all expenses covered in Copenhagen. I know it sounds crazy but its true.
And how will you meet the UK ICT visa full time work requirements?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Rooney the saviour
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Rooney the saviour » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:54 pm

That's a but tricky but remote work is an option for this contract after the first week(first week being like an assessment week), so I might take a week or two off. Once remote work commences, it should be alright hopefully.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:03 pm

Rooney the saviour wrote:That's a but tricky but remote work is an option for this contract after the first week(first week being like an assessment week), so I might take a week or two off. Once remote work commences, it should be alright hopefully.
But then you'd be working in the UK as a contractor. Not permitted. Catch 23 situation.....