ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS dependent + IHS

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nggooner
Newly Registered

PBS dependent + IHS

Post by nggooner » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:39 pm

Hi,

I have a query regarding PBS dependent application for my wife. we have made a PEO appointment on the 1st of May, without knowing that we had to pay the IHS fee prior to that.

1. Are we ok to pay the IHS fee now (after booking PEO appointment) and then taking the confirmation of IHS payment alongside other documents on the day?
2. Given I am an ILR holder and my wife's previous application was a dependent under my then Tier 1 (General) visa, I presume the amount payable under IHS is £200pa X 3 years as her extension will be for 3 years?
3. The IHS application itself is quite confusing. It asks for the main applicant detail after filling in the lead applicant (presumable my wife) details and then proceeds to ask for my visa expiration date which is 10 years from now. This then makes the total payable amount for IHS as £200pa X 10 years (=£2000) - which clearly is incorrect. What should I be doing? Ignoring the field that asks for main applicant details?

Any help on these matters will be greatly appreciated!

nggooner
Newly Registered

Re: PBS dependent + IHS

Post by nggooner » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:47 pm

Any help here would be greatly appreciated - many thanks!

MK123
United Kingdom

Post by MK123 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:47 pm

1. Yes you have to pay this in advance
2. £600.
3. Based on the type of visa the dependent person is applying the fee is automatically shown so don't worry. It is £600. I did a test run for my wife by registering a while ago.

nggooner
Newly Registered

Post by nggooner » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:29 pm

Thank you for getting back.

Regarding point 1 - just wanted to clarify that as long as the £600 fee is paid BEFORE attending the appointment it is fine and it doesn't matter that it was paid AFTER booking the appointment date? The reason I ask this is because the guidance notes on the premium service appointments & IHS on gov.uk are contradictory.

Thank you for clarifying on the amounts - really helpful!

dng_131
India

Post by dng_131 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:16 pm

nggooner wrote:Hi,

I have a query regarding PBS dependent application for my wife. we have made a PEO appointment on the 1st of May, without knowing that we had to pay the IHS fee prior to that.

1. Are we ok to pay the IHS fee now (after booking PEO appointment) and then taking the confirmation of IHS payment alongside other documents on the day?
2. Given I am an ILR holder and my wife's previous application was a dependent under my then Tier 1 (General) visa, I presume the amount payable under IHS is £200pa X 3 years as her extension will be for 3 years?
3. The IHS application itself is quite confusing. It asks for the main applicant detail after filling in the lead applicant (presumable my wife) details and then proceeds to ask for my visa expiration date which is 10 years from now. This then makes the total payable amount for IHS as £200pa X 10 years (=£2000) - which clearly is incorrect. What should I be doing? Ignoring the field that asks for main applicant details?

Any help on these matters will be greatly appreciated!
Hi Nggooner,

In my case its different. I think my wife should pay 600 GBP and I filled all the details (your point 3) and it is telling me to pay just 100.00 GBP. Which is quiet confusing. I will call Home office tomorrow and will get some clarity.