ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Test requirements for FLR (M) & ILR (Spousal Visa)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

the_silk_route

English Test requirements for FLR (M) & ILR (Spousal Visa)

Post by the_silk_route » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:48 pm

Hi,

My wife had her spouse visa issued on the 27th November 2014, and she came to the UK on the 13th of December 2014, and has been here for over 3 months now. She is from Pakistan.
We want to prepare early for the next stage of our visa process, which I believe is the FLR (M) extension.

I have a few questions on things which I am unsure about, if someone can please help me.

1) What English language test will my wife need for the FLR (M) extension? She done her A1 for the initial spousal visa application.

2) What English Language test will my wife need for the final ILR after 5 years for her British citizenship?

I would be very thankful if anyone can shed some light on this for me please.
Many thanks in advance!

WR1

Re: English Test requirements for FLR (M) & ILR (Spousal Vis

Post by WR1 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:26 pm

Your wife will need English A1 of the CEFR for FLR(M).

English B1 of the CEFR is required for ILR. In addition to this, LIUK is also required for ILR.

However, The English requirements is a ever changing rule and even now, the Home Office has introduced a completely new English list which is effective from 6 April 2015. The old list will still be valid until 5 November 2015 for tests taken before 6 April 2015 (known as the traditional list). So in 2.5 years and even 5 years time, the rules can change. You would need to keep yourself updated nearer to the application dates.

The LIUK is here to stay IMO. This can be taken at any time, even now.

Here is the current requirements for the English criteria.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Blower46
Newly Registered

Post by Blower46 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:11 pm

I do not understand why there is a need for a further English test at the FLR (M) stage especially if a high score was made at the initial application especially if the applicant has been living and working here.
You don't need to take your driving test again only two years after taking your test!
Another moneymaking tactic from the government!

naeem2930
Newly Registered

Post by naeem2930 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:37 am

I am applying for ILR through Tier 1 rout and my wife would need to extend her visa.

If she extends for 2 years. Is she still needs English language A1 or the rules are changes

and from where she can pass Englsih A1

Thanks for any help..