ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

karthik_aps
Newly Registered

Naturalisation query

Post by karthik_aps » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:30 am

Hello Everyone,

I have applied for naturalisation based on 5 years Tier 1 + 1 year ILR.
I would like to know if there will be a possibility of my application being refused based on my employment during student visa. I have worked 20 hours per week and more during holidays while doing course in the uni. After finishing my course while still on student visa I got a full time job which I did before changing my visa under international graduate scheme. I have given my employment history details in the AN application form. Any response would be greatly appreciated.

Course Sep 2005 - Oct 2006
Student Visa Sep 2005 - Feb 2006
Got fulltime job in Nov 2006 (monthly salary and not hour based)
International graduate scheme visa from March 2006

Thanks
Karthik

argus7
Wales

Re: Naturalisation query

Post by argus7 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:42 am

That could be an issue when you worked extra hours during student visa during holidays. As you were allowed only 20 hours a week.

This could be a flaw in your application as a breach.

karthik_aps
Newly Registered

Post by karthik_aps » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:47 am

I can work more than 20 hours during Uni holidays was the rule at that time. Also when you have completed the course you can work full time. Some of the rules could have been changed now but not sure how home office will take the case.

kamkhan
Newly Registered

Post by kamkhan » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:53 pm

Many my friends were in the same situation like you are , they applied for nationality and there wasn't any issue for them and they got approval. so I think it won't be a problem.

karthik_aps
Newly Registered

Post by karthik_aps » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:09 pm

kamkhan wrote:Many my friends were in the same situation like you are , they applied for nationality and there wasn't any issue for them and they got approval. so I think it won't be a problem.
Thank you. That gives me some hope.