ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for British passport for baby born in India

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

khaisar007
Newly Registered

Applying for British passport for baby born in India

Post by khaisar007 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:20 pm

Hi Team,

I am in process of applying for British passport for my 2nd child who is due to arrive in few weeks.

I have below queries and it will be really helpful if you can help me.

1. I am British citizen from Oct 2015 onwards, and currently working in UK
2. My wife is Indian and is on Indian passport. I have a daughter 1 year old(indian passport, and born in india when i was on ILR) and currently both my wife and 1st child are in india.
3. My wife was in UK in 2013 for short period of time for 6 months and left UK to india and eventually her UK dependent visa also expired and her visa was not renewed as there was no immediate plan to come to UK
4.Now I am expecting my 2nd child to be born in India in next few weeks and going through the chain I understand my child will be british by decent.
5. I have gone through H_manatee's post for required documents and have few queries.

Queries:
1. I will be visiting India for few weeks, so while submitting application does it need to be on my behalf or my wife?
2. Do i need submit the UK notary ceritified copy of my british passport to VFS along with child passport application?
3. Can my wife who is on indian passport apply for my child british passport from India VFS or do i need to b there physically to submit the application?
3. As I will be will visiting India only for few days, what happens if they call for an interview? My wife has Indian passport and doesn't have a UK valid visa as of now and baby's british passport will be based on me and I will be in UK. Can I attend the interview from UK or do i need to travel to india for interview also?

Your response will greatly help me.

Thanks
Khaisar

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applying for British passport for baby born in India

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:29 pm

1. Either parent can submit the passport application. Are you aware that from India it can take 6-12 months for the passport.

2. Copy of passport is fine yes.

3. Yes she can, no you don't

4. Unlikely they will interview but provide YOUR telephone number in case they want to call you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

khaisar007
Newly Registered

Re: Applying for British passport for baby born in India

Post by khaisar007 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:27 pm

Thanks Char CR001.