ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

no acknowledgement or biometrics letter

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

david1955
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

no acknowledgement or biometrics letter

Post by david1955 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:14 pm

Hi Everyone,

My wife applied for her naturalisation on 9th of march received by home office on 11th of march. Her payment for naturalisation was debited last Thursday on 24th of march. However its been almost over a week and she hasn't received any acknowledgement of biometrics letter till now.

I can see people receiving there acknowledgment and biometrics letter within couple of days of there payment been debited but its been over a week and we haven't received anything.

Can someone please advice what i can i do in this situation?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: no acknowledgement or biometrics letter

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:17 pm

4 day Easter weekend in between could be the reason. Huge number of applications submitted before 18th March fee increase could be another reason.

What should you do? Just wait patiently.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tier1o

Post by tier1o » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:11 pm

Hi David,

Looking at the timelines; It takes around 20 days for the acknowledgement and biometric letters; You will have it soon, be patient.

CR001 has quite rightly highlighted two important factors (Easter holidays and busy time at the HO).

david1955
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by david1955 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:10 am

CR001 wrote:4 day Easter weekend in between could be the reason. Huge number of applications submitted before 18th March fee increase could be another reason.

HI CR001,

Thanks for your reply. The reason i am worried is coz there are people who applied around the same date as mine or after and they have there payment debited around the same date as mine and they have already received there acknowledgment and biometrics invitation letter .

The payment for my wife application was debited on 24 of march and still we havent recieved our biometrics letter.

david1955
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by david1955 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:58 pm

david1955 wrote:
CR001 wrote:4 day Easter weekend in between could be the reason. Huge number of applications submitted before 18th March fee increase could be another reason.

HI CR001,

Thanks for your reply. The reason i am worried is coz there are people who applied around the same date as mine or after and they have there payment debited around the same date as mine and they have already received there acknowledgment and biometrics invitation letter .

The payment for my wife application was debited on 24 of march and still we havent recieved our biometrics letter.

Hi,

Someone one can please advice me what can i do. Since there are people who applied after me have there payment debited and received there acknowledgment and biometrics letter. I have my payment debited on 24 of march but not received the acknowledgment or biomterics letter.

I have a feeling that my acknowledgment and biometrics letter are lost in the post. Can someone please advice what can i do in this situation

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:05 pm

Stop stressing and just wait a few more days. It has only been 4 working days since the fee was debited.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

david1955
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by david1955 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:15 pm

CR001 wrote:Stop stressing and just wait a few more days. It has only been 4 working days since the fee was debited.
Thanks for your reply. I know i dont have a choice other than to wait. What concerns me is there are few cases on this forum who had payment debited the same day as mine and this week and they have recieved there letters by now. Thats why i am worried. I have kept a photocopy of the application form with me and i cant see anything wrong with the address as well so thats what bringing me to the conclusion that it might be lost in the post.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:34 pm

You will drive yourself insane if you keep doing this and checking everyone else's timelines and then panicking.

Each application is processed at its own pace and its own merits. You cannot keep comparing yours to others. Where you live in the UK is probably also a factor re post.

A reminder that there are a couple of users who have submitted their applications 2 years ago (yes, 2014) and still waiting for the outcome. They are the ones I sympathise with as their lives are virtually on hold. You have waited 4 days since payment and jumped to the conclusion that a letter is lost and panicking about who to contact or what to do. Perspective.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Chinho2k

Post by Chinho2k » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:02 pm

As long as you have confirmation via your tracking details that that your application was received, worrying before 6 months is a futile excercise, as someone said, perspective!