ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language Requirement

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vms
Newly Registered

English Language Requirement

Post by vms » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:36 am

Hi,
I have applied for naturalization and I got letter from home office asking for proving my English qualification. I had already submitted my B.Tech certificate and the letter from University confirming the medium of instruction is in English. Also in the Form AN, I chose the option that I passed the life in the UK test after 28th October 2013. I am not sure why they are still asking me to prove the English requirement either by NARIC certificate or by enclosing the PBS calculator points printout showing 10 points for English and 20 points for my graduation. I need to send these before 12th April, otherwise the application will be refused.

NARIC takes 15 working days for the certificate and the fast track is also expensive. I am trying to show the points through PBS calculator. I came to UK as tier 1 general dependent and I don't have my old points print out. Now as the tier 1 general category is not there, I tried to use tier 2 option. It is showing 10 points for English but not showing any points at all for my Professional Bachlors Degree (I chose Engineering with 4 years or less than 5 years option). But the letter I got from home office says I should show 10 points for English and 20 points for my graduation. How do I show these 20 points? Please help.

Thanks,
Vms

wildstreak
Newly Registered

Re: English Language Requirement

Post by wildstreak » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:23 pm

This is crazy. I had submitted my application via NCS in March and had provided a print out of the points based calculator. The NCS guy specifically removed it saying that since home office is anyways removing the PBS calculator soon, they don't need this and only a copy of my degree certificate will be enough.

This is contrary to what you are experiencing.

Senior members/Gurus: Can you please advise?

vms
Newly Registered

Post by vms » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:31 pm

Hi wildstreak,

Did your application go through successfully without PBS Calculator points? What all documents you have provided for satisfying English Language Requirement?

Thanks,
vms

wildstreak
Newly Registered

Post by wildstreak » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:31 pm

It hasn't gone through yet. The payment has been taken today, but what you have been through, it is very likely that I may get the same letter, but I did keep my PBS calculator print out with me, so I can send that, but I just don't understand it.

KASHIF830

Post by KASHIF830 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:59 pm

Hi mate

When you have ticked "I have fulfilled English language requirement on or after October 2013 in ILR application. So why did you send your degree Certificate with application. This doesn't make sense sorry to say. And that's why It also confused Case Worker.

Thanks
Regards
Kashif

wildstreak
Newly Registered

Post by wildstreak » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:47 pm

Hello,

Just as an update, I got my application approved today and as I mentioned earlier I had just ticked that language criteria was met before Oct 2013 and had sent a copy of my Indian degree (no PBS or Naric etc.)