ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation query.!!!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AA321

Naturalisation query.!!!

Post by AA321 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:40 pm

Hi,

I have got my ILR in Jan'2016 and planning for my naturalisation in next year Jan. This forum supported me for all my queries in my ILR process. Thanks all for the same.

My wife & child are holding Tier-2 dependent visa now and its still valid. I am planning to apply ILR for them now.

But just want to know, whether my kid can directly go for naturalisation along with my application in Jan'2017 without getting his ILR done. FYI, he has not born in UK.

I understand my spouse has to get her ILR first and then wait for 1 year to complete with ILR.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Naturalisation query.!!!

Post by ohara » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:13 am

How old are your children?

Once you are British, your wife can apply immediately as the spouse of a British citizen once she has ILR, as there is no requirement to hold ILR for 12 months there.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:56 am

Children born abroad are expected to hold ILR to qualify for citizenship. You risk refusal and loss of fees if you apply without ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AA321

Post by AA321 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:34 pm

Thanks for your reply.

My child is 3 years old, he is in UK for the last 2.5 years.

My spouse entered UK in Nov'2010 and so she is eligible for her ILR with 2 years continuous stay in UK.

What I understand is, both my child & spouse has to apply for ILR and ger the ILR done. Once I get my citizenship in Jan'2017, they can apply for citizenship without any minimum period spent on their ILR. (I can do their ILR & citizenship with even 1 month gap).

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:32 pm

What I understand is, both my child & spouse has to apply for ILR and ger the ILR done. Once I get my citizenship in Jan'2017, they can apply for citizenship without any minimum period spent on their ILR. (I can do their ILR & citizenship with even 1 month gap).
Correct yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.