ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Deed Poll and Naturalisation. Problem!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Digiwolf
Newly Registered

Deed Poll and Naturalisation. Problem!

Post by Digiwolf » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:39 am

Hi Team –

I arrived in the UK 8 years ago from another EEA country with that EEA passport. As my name is quite complicated to write and pronounce, I decided to change it via Deed Poll. All my bank statement documents, council tax bills, my mortgage, my university degrees, even my UK Driving License are under the new 'English' name.

During the Residence Permit for EEA Nationals, which I was granted successfully two years ago, all my evidence provided were under the my English name. Of course, the permanent residence card, which was supplied on a blue foldable card was on my EEA passport, which I found logical.

However, I would like to submit my application for naturalisation under my English name, including my British Passport. An advisor suggested that I should change my name in the current EEA passport, as my application will be rejected. Unfortunately, in the country I am coming from, it is almost impossible to change the name if there isn't a serious (in their view) reason to do so. Also, the entire process would be extremely painful, lengthy and –potentially– unsuccessful.

What would you advise me to do?

Thanks in advance!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Deed Poll and Naturalisation. Problem!

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:46 am

Your passport will need to be updated. This will be a problem for your application. They are strict about confirming identities and avoiding multiple identities and all official documents should have the same name.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Digiwolf
Newly Registered

Re: Deed Poll and Naturalisation. Problem!

Post by Digiwolf » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:47 am

Thanks, CR001. Would cancelling my EEA passport work?