ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unsuccessful applications

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ZFDar
Pakistan

Re: Unsuccessful Naturalisation (AN) applications

Post by ZFDar » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:14 am

RedBlue wrote:Uksettle. You can go for a reconsideration but it is highly unlikely that your application will be successful. They main reason is you have been an 35 day overstayer. Im sure most of the applicants who are applying under the 10+ year criteria have worked more than 20hours. So this is not the reason for you applicaiton to be refused. Moreover, HO cannot prove the no of hours worked base on the NI contributions and Payee tax
Hi RedBlue,

How come you are sure that it is not refused because of working more than 20 hours while on student visa. If they have mentioned in the refusal letter of UKsettle then there must be something they know about the work history.

I think UKsettle should explain more about the contents of this refusal letter so others don't repeat the same mistake.

ZFDar
Pakistan

Post by ZFDar » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:25 am

uksettle wrote:Eligibility criteria: 10 year 1yr ILR
Language criteria met: UK DEGREE
Date of application: 04/12/15
Payment method: Credit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: No email received!
Date of acknowledgement: 05/1/16
Date money gone off account: 03/01/16
Date of letter requesting biometrics: 15/01/16
Biometrics done:17/01/16
Date of approval: REFUSED 24/3/2016

:( :( REASON BECAUSE WORKED FULL TIME DURING STUDENT TIME FROM YEAR 2008-2011 AND LIVED OVERSTAYER WHEN EXTENTED MY STUDENT VISA TO TIER 1 GENERAL BACK IN 2013.

ANY SUGGESTIONS PLEASE
Hi UKsettle,

When you applied for Tier 1 General in 2013, did you send application before expiring your Student visa or within 28 days after expiring your Student visa?

Also, from 2008 to 2011 did you work full time on one job or part time on two jobs with overall more than 20 hours per week during that period? If yes, then did you mention that in the AN form in 10 years work history section?

Also, on your refusal letter did they put any restriction or time limit for you to apply again for Naturalization?

I hope that you will find solution for this matter here.

Regards

sajjadali707

Post by sajjadali707 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:21 am

uksettle wrote:Eligibility criteria: 10 year 1yr ILR
Language criteria met: UK DEGREE
Date of application: 04/12/15
Payment method: Credit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: No email received!
Date of acknowledgement: 05/1/16
Date money gone off account: 03/01/16
Date of letter requesting biometrics: 15/01/16
Biometrics done:17/01/16
Date of approval: REFUSED 24/3/2016

:( :( REASON BECAUSE WORKED FULL TIME DURING STUDENT TIME FROM YEAR 2008-2011 AND LIVED OVERSTAYER WHEN EXTENTED MY STUDENT VISA TO TIER 1 GENERAL BACK IN 2013.

ANY SUGGESTIONS PLEASE
If HO refuse naturalization because of doing more work as in above case, do they revoke or cancel ILR as well because of this???

DaisyRah
- thin ice -

Post by DaisyRah » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:10 am

My application has been referred to a senior case worker because in the section about "where are you going to live after you get citizenship" I wrote Australia. And the case worker called me to say she'd never seen anything other than UK written in that space, and she didn't know what to do.

I wonder how long it will take now that it has to go to a senior case worker?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:21 am

DaisyRah wrote:My application has been referred to a senior case worker because in the section about "where are you going to live after you get citizenship" I wrote Australia. And the case worker called me to say she'd never seen anything other than UK written in that space, and she didn't know what to do.

I wonder how long it will take now that it has to go to a senior case worker?
That was not the best answer to give in the form as you have made it clear that your 'future intentions' are not in the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

DaisyRah
- thin ice -

Post by DaisyRah » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:29 am

I can't find where in the application or supporting documents it says that I need to be staying in the UK. I have followed up with the case worker and explained my situation, so I guess I'll just wait and see.

(From the application form)
2.3 Please tell us in which country you intend to have your main home if you are naturalised.
If this country is outside the United Kingdom and i) you are not married to or the civil partner of a British citizen and ii) you intend to enter into or continue Crown service, service in an international organisation or employment with a company or association established in the United Kingdom, please include a letter of explanation.

(Which makes it sound like its ok to list somewhere outside the UK if you ARE married to a BC)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:55 am

DaisyRah wrote:I can't find where in the application or supporting documents it says that I need to be staying in the UK. I have followed up with the case worker and explained my situation, so I guess I'll just wait and see.

(From the application form)
2.3 Please tell us in which country you intend to have your main home if you are naturalised.
If this country is outside the United Kingdom and i) you are not married to or the civil partner of a British citizen and ii) you intend to enter into or continue Crown service, service in an international organisation or employment with a company or association established in the United Kingdom, please include a letter of explanation.

(Which makes it sound like its ok to list somewhere outside the UK if you ARE married to a BC)
It would have helped if you stated your spouse is British. Did you include a letter explaining per the above.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

DaisyRah
- thin ice -

Post by DaisyRah » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:17 am

No I didn't, because it says to include the letter if you're not married to a BC. Elsewhere in the application there is information about my husband.

In my cover letter I mentioned that we are moving to Australia in July. And before I applying I spoke to someone at the HO about my situation because I was concerned about the time frame and he said it would be fine, just to mention it in the cover letter and I'd be able to have a ceremony at the British Embassy in Australia.

I guess I could've lied and said I'd be staying in the UK but there goes the good character requirements!

tripping

Post by tripping » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:42 pm

Oh
DaisyRah wrote:No I didn't, because it says to include the letter if you're not married to a BC. Elsewhere in the application there is information about my husband.

In my cover letter I mentioned that we are moving to Australia in July. And before I applying I spoke to someone at the HO about my situation because I was concerned about the time frame and he said it would be fine, just to mention it in the cover letter and I'd be able to have a ceremony at the British Embassy in Australia.

I guess I could've lied and said I'd be staying in the UK but there goes the good character requirements!
:shock: Oh dear God why did you do that?????? You have just opened up a can of worms for yourself. This is similar to another post where the OP requested that HO speeds up his BC application as he has a job offer outside of the UK for an indefinite amount of time. And that threw his application into doubt straight away.

Also making travel plans in advance in anticipation of BC application approval within X months was a huge gamble. I think in this case "lying" would have been a better option, the aim is to get the BC, then UK passport, then you can live wherever you want AFTER. Hope your explainanation goes a long way with HO.

foufou

Post by foufou » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:03 am

hi every one , its been nearly 9 months since I sent my application for reconsideration , my solicitor wrote to them 2 months ago no response , now I get my MP involved , please who is still waiting for reconsideration and how long ? thanks

ieroglif
Newly Registered

Post by ieroglif » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:13 pm

foufou wrote:hi every one , its been nearly 9 months since I sent my application for reconsideration , my solicitor wrote to them 2 months ago no response , now I get my MP involved , please who is still waiting for reconsideration and how long ? thanks
Hi, I've been waiting for almost 12 months. I also contacted my MP on the 12 March to help me by writing a letter to the HO. Still no news.

mhsadique
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by mhsadique » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:53 pm

My Mp get response on last feb2016 they start review now :?
its almost 10 month now.
ieroglif wrote:
foufou wrote:hi every one , its been nearly 9 months since I sent my application for reconsideration , my solicitor wrote to them 2 months ago no response , now I get my MP involved , please who is still waiting for reconsideration and how long ? thanks
Hi, I've been waiting for almost 12 months. I also contacted my MP on the 12 March to help me by writing a letter to the HO. Still no news.

Bornthebest
Newly Registered

Post by Bornthebest » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:06 pm

13 months and counting :(
I feel I'v the longest waiting time :(

kankerot
United Kingdom

Post by kankerot » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:35 pm

Perhaps its a positive sign that your application is still being considered than being rejected. Are rejections received quicker faster than acceptance?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:44 pm

kankerot wrote:Perhaps its a positive sign that your application is still being considered than being rejected. Are rejections received quicker faster than acceptance?
No, there is not trend on which is quicker. There are members still waiting for a decision since 2014.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

kimo
- thin ice -

Post by kimo » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:28 pm

Casa wrote:
kimo wrote:Wow why they say in there website we have to wait 12 month after holding PR TO apply for citizenship or this for people who enter uk legally only .
Legal entrance and residence only.
Received my approval today ?!?

Rassel

Post by Rassel » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:47 pm

Thats great congratulation Kimo
Can you please share your experience. will help others too
kimo wrote:
Casa wrote:
kimo wrote:Wow why they say in there website we have to wait 12 month after holding PR TO apply for citizenship or this for people who enter uk legally only .
Legal entrance and residence only.
Received my approval today ?!?

Rassel

Post by Rassel » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:53 pm

Kimo did you declare your illegal entry?
how you describe? your case is exceptional.
kimo wrote:Hi every one. I hope I'm in the right place. I'm new this form. Ok I need some advice pls. I'm applying for British Citizenship and I'm very worry after reading this comment Above. I hold a permanent residence through marriage since 10/2014 but I was illegal immigrant before my marriage on 2009 , I enter uk in 2005 as illegally , I didn't apply for asulme or refuge, ok my question is in the AN form they ask for date of entry in uk ? I don't know what to do or write please any advice

kimo
- thin ice -

Post by kimo » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:05 pm

Thank you rassel. Yes I did declare it. Exactly 3month after my application I received my approval today. Maybe I was just lucky.

Rassel

Post by Rassel » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:16 pm

Thanks kimo
Thats great.
kimo wrote:Thank you rassel. Yes I did declare it. Exactly 3month after my application I received my approval today. Maybe I was just lucky.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:17 pm

kimo wrote:Thank you rassel. Yes I did declare it. Exactly 3month after my application I received my approval today. Maybe I was just lucky.
If subject to discretion it shows discretion can work in both ways.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Rassel

Post by Rassel » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:57 pm

But Noajthan

Law is equal to all. Kim case out immigration law. Sp in good character ground (14 December 2014). If Kim already declare he was over stay nearly 5 years.
As you know its depend on case worker as well.
noajthan wrote:

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:01 pm

Rassel wrote:But Noajthan

Law is equal to all. Kim case out immigration law. Sp in good character ground (14 December 2014). If Kim already declare he was over stay nearly 5 years.
As you know its depend on case worker as well.
noajthan wrote:
Ofcourse law applies to all. So does discretion (where/when it applies).

Good character is not clearly defined in law but is assessed on the balance of probabilities;
however immigration-related breaches of regulations are clearly described as normally leading to refusal.

Luck or oversight or discretion ? - who can tell (except the caseworker - and she's not telling).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Rassel

Post by Rassel » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:17 pm

Yes i'm agree with you. I respect your opinion. You are expert in this platform.
But I'm shocked some time case worker refuse the application for very funny reason
and some time they accept the application there is no ground. But i'm happy for Kim.
Hopefully we will see some more good news.

kimo
- thin ice -

Post by kimo » Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:15 am

Thanks