ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR by Post in 2 days Tier 1 (G Employment + Self Employment

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shahmir

ILR by Post in 2 days Tier 1 (G Employment + Self Employment

Post by shahmir » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:28 am

Hello guys
Finally my application is ready to go on 04.04.2016, would you please assess my application and let me know if anything is still missing and also, based on your experience and knowledge, what are the chances of success; will highly appreciate, thanks.

Got EC as Tier 1 (G) on 02-05-2011
EC granted until 02.05.2013
First Entry in UK on 03-06-2011
Extension applied on 05-04-2013 (PEO)
Extension granted from 05-04-2013, [they ate my 27 days :(]
Current leave until 05-04-2016
ILR application due on 04.04.2016 (exactly 28 days before 02.05.2016)

Points needed = 80
Masters Degree 35 (same as granted in extension application)
Age 10 (same as granted in extension application)
Earnings 30 (£50,000+) Earnings come from two sources i.e. employment and self employment, same as in extension application in 2013 (consecutive 12 month in last 15)
UK experience 5 (all earnings in the UK)

Three dependents moved to UK before 09 July 2012 and since then living here. I am submitting the following documents;

1. Application form (Set O) version 18/03/16
2. Fee Cheque £7500 (Main applicant's Name, Nationality & DOB on back of it)
3. Two photographs of each applicant (Full names on back side)
4. Old and new passports of all four applicants
5. BRP of all four applicants

6. Employer letter detailing last 12 months salary in a table format including gross & net salary and payment dates, also confirming two holidays
7. Online prints of salary slips Signed and stamped by employer
8. Personal bank statement, all 12 payments highlighted

9. Business Accounts from a Chartered Accountant
10. All invoices including date, amount and full name & address of customer
11. Summary of invoices in a table format including clients' names invoice dates, amounts invoiced and all payment dates (I think this is what they call invoice explanation)
12. Business Bank statement, all payments highlighted
13. Accountant letter explaining, total business profits as well as total gross salary, showing a total income of over £50,000

14. Original Masters Degree & Transcript (from UK, so this also meets my English requirement)
15. My wife's English Certificate from Trinity College
16. Life in the UK (Myself & wife)
17. Cohabitation documents covering last two years showing myself, wife & two kids on same address
18. Photocopies of all original documents

ABSENCES
I have three absences for a total period of 150 days in past 5 years.
I entered UK on 03.06.2011 and left after 10 days and stayed back home again for another 87 days before I moved to the UK again. This was because of my son's illness and I have attached his medical documents (Though i am not sure if it is really needed).

Two other absences were holidays and are covered by employers letter.

TAX
I paid full taxes on time since I am in self employment in the UK including those related to my first extension. My self employment work is 100% related to my UK Masters degree which I earned in 2005. (I was a student in the UK between 2003 & 2006 and left UK with 5 months leave remaining for the then SEGS).

I worked 15 to 18 hours daily to meet current earnings requirements in year 2 and 5. Income in years 1,3 and 4 is low. I started another business in year 3 which ended up with huge losses in year 4, so overall profits of self employment gone down significantly in those two years.

I have P60s and SA302s of past 5 years but I have been advised not to include them because they are not required. The current 12 month earning period falls between two financial years so P60 for last year is also not attached.

I have decided to apply by post. Please comment...
lets get together for migrants' rights

O_Relly

Re: ILR by Post in 2 days Tier 1 (G Employment + Self Employ

Post by O_Relly » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:36 am

Well prepared and doc set is looking good.

You dont need to submit medical docs of son for the 87 day absence period, just a self attessted letter explaining the same will do.

SA302s and P60s not required to be submitted. However given the current climate and scrutiny for self employed applicants, I dont see any harm in submitting them. It just goes onto add additional weightage that the numbers match, and shows your thorougness and genuinity.

Good luck.

honey2008
United Kingdom

Post by honey2008 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:12 am

I would suggest you to include all the available SA's as it would help in speedy process of your application.

I had done this in my application and got the positive result within 3 months

Ultimately it is your comfort level.

Best of Luck

Ta
Honey

shahmir

Post by shahmir » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:43 am

Thanks both of you. Very helpful.
Anymore seniors please?
lets get together for migrants' rights