ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension application approved...Interesting point inside

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kck9
BANNED

Extension application approved...Interesting point inside

Post by kck9 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:05 pm

Hello friends,

My extension application got approved. Details below

Intial approval - October 2006 - October2008

Applied for early extension --- yes, now itself (11th December 2007) as I am eligible to reach the points, english language requirement and also

I might have a bit of break (in my earnings) next year because of my marriage and I am also having some out country projects next year.

So I dont know myself (because of other country band etc) how to represent the earnings next year when i want to apply for extension. To avoid all this confusion, I made the application thinking that worst case

1.they might reject the early application - a loss of £350
2.they might issue me the visa for 3 years from now which will extend the expiry date to October 2010.

anything should be fine as I can apply for one more extension in 2010 if I want to go for ILR and I am confident enough that I could satisfy the points in furutre as well, but just worth a try.........

To everyones Surprise :shock: :shock: today I received the passport back with the approval till October 2011. Case worker is so kind and he added the extension dates to the end of my present expiry date.

So my equation is
October 2006-->2 years---->(applied for extension Dec2007)October 2008+3 years = October 2011.

hahaha,

I am so happy...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

KEY POINTS:
1. In guidance notes they just say that they recommed 5 weeks in advance to apply for extension, but there is no rule that you cant apply earlier (confirmed with contact centre also)
2. But there should be valid reasons, also try to provide some proofs if you can.
3. Importantly you have to be ready to loose £350, just in case if things go wrong.
4. Also you have to be prepared if you are getting extension started from today (date of application) itself instead of adding it to the final day of the present expiry(hope you understand what I meant), in this process you might loose some amount of HSMP time because it is upto case workers discretion.
5. Plan it properly and explain it properly
6. FINALLY Hard work always repays you

Shout me with the queries if you have any...
GO HSMP GO.....

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:41 pm

Oh..That is so good news..I hope it works for every 1..Even i am eligilble for FLR now(although my HSMP runs out in Nov 2008)..Atleast i can be relieved instead of waiting till nov 2008,and plan my life ..
DO u think if i can do the same thing..?

HSMP :from Nov 2006 to Nov 2008
Came to UK:Jan 2007

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:23 pm

Crazy! But I like it! Well done!

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

herts
Member of Standing

Post by herts » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:59 pm

cool, congrats for your extension.
Why not try getting ILR stamped now !

sunny9675
BANNED

Post by sunny9675 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:18 pm

i will call helpline to confirm it

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:39 am

What did you write in your application for the reason of your early applicatigon

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:36 am

Thank you very much for your wishes....
I explained so many reasons like I am having my marriage plans and through my work I might have to go abroad next year for couple of months which might create some confusion....finally I have also explained that I am unable to get the mortgage as I am having only 1 year visa with some proof (letter from bank showing their reluctance to because of my limited visa).

hello ashishashah,
you can give a try, but you have to be ready to consider the 'key points' section in my initial post....you have to be ready for any kind of consequenses......so its up to you now...

hello herts, sorry you cant apply for ILR as I just finished 1 year on HSMP, still lot more to go......

Hello victoria, yes I was bit crazy by taking bit of risk as they might issue the extension from today for 3 years. By gods grace they issued me from he date of expiry.
Thank you for all your support...shoot out with more quetions if you have any......

netacct

Post by netacct » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:26 pm

Wow, I really cant believe this. I know one guy, who was here on student visa (just for time pass to enjoy the life). He then went to India, he showed his income from some farming etc, paid some money to CA to prepare some docs and within one month he came back to UK on HSMP even though he never worked in his life in any company as skilled worker.

The key to success is, I think, just prepare some nice stories and some documents even if they are not genuine.

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:44 am

netacct wrote:Wow, I really cant believe this. I know one guy, who was here on student visa (just for time pass to enjoy the life). He then went to India, he showed his income from some farming etc, paid some money to CA to prepare some docs and within one month he came back to UK on HSMP even though he never worked in his life in any company as skilled worker.

The key to success is, I think, just prepare some nice stories and some documents even if they are not genuine.
Hello netacct,
Thank you for your response......FYI all my work is genuine, dont compare my situation with the guy you know...I kept all my paper work properly and I represented to the case worker properly.......I think this board wont entertain the fake stuff...I appreciate your part in posting the queries/replies, but please do not encourage the fake persons...good luck

moganlal

Post by moganlal » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:47 am

kck9 congrats on your results. That was really awesome.
Guys and Gals please dont just send for premature renewal without a real genuine strong case. Chances are that if too many people take this route because its easy and saves waiting time then the real people who need this genuinely would also suffer as this exception would no longer be exception if everyone starts following it.

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:15 am

moganlal wrote:kck9 congrats on your results. That was really awesome.
Guys and Gals please dont just send for premature renewal without a real genuine strong case. Chances are that if too many people take this route because its easy and saves waiting time then the real people who need this genuinely would also suffer as this exception would no longer be exception if everyone starts following it.
You are absolutely right mogan. If anyone needs anymore guidance on this please send me a private message. I just shared this as I had lot of information from board, But there are so many people who are not genuine and

I would like to warn them that they generally need evidences for every reason you keep. Case workers dont issue the visa if it is not fair case. the situations can be like this

The chances are very sleek as
1. they can issue the extension from now itself for 3 years.
2. they can reject you application and you loose £350 (but the initial approval is valid till the expiry)
3. they dont even consider your application
4. They can issue for 1 or 2 years extension only as they might think that you may not be financially well.
5. Finally they might add up the extension period to your current expiry date which is fruitful.

It is upto the case workers discretion and we cant even challenge their decision as we are applying with exceptional reasons and they are doing us a favour.