ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA national presence in UK for PR

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

eea2raheem

EEA national presence in UK for PR

Post by eea2raheem » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:38 pm

Hi There,

I am a Non-EEA national with EEA residence card for 5 years and me and my EEA national wife planning to apply for EEA-PR as we have completed 5 years.

Based on the timelines for EEA-PR and Non-EEA-PR; EEA national will receive PR within 6 weeks whereas Non-EEA national will receive PR within 6 months.

My question is on EEA national presence in UK after receiving her PR.

Does she (EEA national) need to stay in UK after receiving her PR while my (Non-EEA) PR in process? if she leave UK (going for 6-12 months) after receiving her PR will affect the PR process of Non-EEA national?

Please help me to plan my application.

Thanks,

eea2raheem

Re: EEA national presence in UK for PR

Post by eea2raheem » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:46 pm

Did I ask the question which is impossible to answer? might be I am expecting quick answer?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:07 pm

eea2raheem wrote:Did I ask the question which is impossible to answer? might be I am expecting quick answer?
We offer our time and advice for free, we are all volunteers on the forum. We also have jobs and families, so might be busy with other things.

You will need to be patient and wait until someone can or is willing to respond to your question.

You are of course free to pay for urgent and immediate advice using an OISC advisor.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:36 pm

eea2raheem wrote:Did I ask the question which is impossible to answer? might be I am expecting quick answer?
No, but you've probably cheesed-off any possible respondents!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

eea2raheem

Post by eea2raheem » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:41 pm

CR001 wrote:
We offer our time and advice for free, we are all volunteers on the forum. We also have jobs and families, so might be busy with other things.

You will need to be patient and wait until someone can or is willing to respond to your question.

You are of course free to pay for urgent and immediate advice using an OISC advisor.

8) i didn't mean, just looking for quick response

maverickstoned
Newly Registered

Post by maverickstoned » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:21 pm

Hello,
You will receive your PR with your spouse Probably 10 day later if you both apply together on the same form and it will take 6 month.

Only EEA national and eea family will receive PR within 6 weeks but in your case you are non-eea family member .
Does she (EEA national) need to stay in UK after receiving her PR while my (Non-EEA) PR in process? NO

if she leave UK (going for 6-12 months) after receiving her PR will affect the PR process of Non-EEA national? NO but if more than 2 year she will lose PR and will have to wait for naturalization [check it as i think its 3 month graze period outsite uk].

Cheers

p.s: i am not an expert on immigration matters so pls do take a second opinion

eea2raheem

Post by eea2raheem » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:02 am

Thanks for your response, hope some of the experts will also confirm on this.

Does it means if EEA national and Non-EEA national apply for the PR in the same form, it will take almost 6 months to receive PR for EEA national?

Just to clear on my questions

How long it will take to receive the PR if EEA and Non-EEA national apply in the same form?
EEA national time: ??
Non-EEA national time: ??

maverickstoned
Newly Registered

Post by maverickstoned » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:46 pm

hello,

how long it will take to receive the PR if EEA and Non-EEA national apply in the same form?
EEA national time: ?? 6 month
Non-EEA national time: ??6 month

it all depends on the caseworker and documents you have submitted but usually its within 6 months.just remember if your eea national was self sufficient in the 5 year period while exercising treaty right she should have had csi if not then they will refuse.

cheers

eea2raheem

Post by eea2raheem » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:45 pm

maverickstoned wrote:hello,

how long it will take to receive the PR if EEA and Non-EEA national apply in the same form?
EEA national time: ?? 6 month
Non-EEA national time: ??6 month

it all depends on the caseworker and documents you have submitted but usually its within 6 months.just remember if your eea national was self sufficient in the 5 year period while exercising treaty right she should have had csi if not then they will refuse.

cheers
Thanks for your response.

She is working in all 5 years, so that is not a problem.
But as per the timelines for EEA PR they are receiving within 6 weeks.

Abdul raheem

maverickstoned
Newly Registered

Post by maverickstoned » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:35 pm

hello,

yes you are partly right but in your case its a joint application. if eea national is the the sole applicant then yes they receive PR in 6 weeks but now with referendum looming ii guess there will be a surge in application and hence delay.

good luck for your applications .

cheers