ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse VISA SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS SEND TO SHEFIELD

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

london5694
Newly Registered

Spouse VISA SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS SEND TO SHEFIELD

Post by london5694 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:56 pm

Dear members

i am British Citizen I am planning to Marry someone from Pakistan , I came to know that there is no need to send or take supporting documents all the way to Pakistan to apply for spouse settlement visa, rather i can post all supporting documents from here directly to Sheffield my questions are

What documents should my Spouse submit there in Pakistan and where ?

The supporting documents Which i will directly send to Sheffield from U.K all these documents will be Returned to me on my U.K address or they will be send to applicant ( spouse ) in Pakistan after finalizing decision. ?.

Which English test is required for spouse settlement visa?

house survey report is mandatory if this report is not presented will it cause visa refusal . ?

How early can a TB test carried out prior to application ?

Thanks in advance for your valuable information

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse VISA SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS SEND TO SHEFIELD

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:20 pm

Please see Spouse Visa from Pakistan - Step by step (Click)

She needs English A1 from one of the approved test providers.

She needs TB cert, preferably done a couple of months before visa submission as they have an expiry date.

House survey report is NOT mandatory.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

london5694
Newly Registered

Post by london5694 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:58 pm

Thank you very much Just need little bit explanation on

The supporting documents Which i will directly send to Sheffield from U.K all these documents will be Returned to me on my U.K address or they will be send to applicant ( spouse ) in Pakistan after finalizing decision. ?.

???????????

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:49 pm

UK address if that is what you want.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

london5694
Newly Registered

Post by london5694 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:16 pm

Thanks once again

Does any one know the address Phone number of any U.K Approved English A1 Test Centre in Lahore Pakistan Required to apply for Spouse Settlement visa . I have banged my head around walls but could not get exact address or website which i can guide my spouse to go and book test .it will great help if someone explain in detail .

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:01 am

See page 6 and 7 of this link below

Approved English Test Centres (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)

rathernicelydone
United Kingdom

Post by rathernicelydone » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:37 am

Don't forget if she has completed a degree you can ask UK NARIC to carry out an English Language Assessment and if higher than A1 will result in her not requiring to do a test (https://www.naric.org.uk/naric/individu ... sment.aspx)

This is the approach I took.

london5694
Newly Registered

Post by london5694 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:34 am

Dear mates I have little confusion which need to be cleared through your advise .

My spouse posted me Original TB Test Certificate and original IELTS Life Skill A 1 certificate here in U.K to me so that i can send them with all other supporting documents to Sheffield directly for her settlement visa as i am British citizen . But i am bit confused that she may needed these certificates to present at Gerry office in Lahore Pakistan or she may need it to show to immigration officer at Heathrow Airport at her Arrival . Please explain me is it right course of action that i send her TB test and IELTS to sheffield directly with other sponsors supporting documents.

apart from her Original Passport and Bio metric enrollment does she need any other Document to present there in Pakistan ?

Thanks

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:57 am

I am also in same boat as you. I think they have made it bit complicated . I am also confuse what document applicant needed in Islamabad to enrol for biometrics a and what documents they need to send to their sponsor in uk so that they could post it to Sheifield UK. I think these supporting documents will be returned to sponsor in uk address if they give pre paid envelope. If applicant send us TB test or English test then they would need it at the time of arrival in case visa is granted. where applicant need to submit their passports? Also on line applicantion need to be printed and signed so how you will sign on behalf of applicant if he/she outside uk

rathernicelydone
United Kingdom

Post by rathernicelydone » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:27 am

Have a look here for what documents you need at the visa centre in Pakistan: http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/pakistan/how_to_apply.html

I was informed by another member by PM that when his wife arrived in the UK the airport staff did not ask for the TB certificate. My wife will be arriving next month and the original TB certificate I sent was not returned by the ECO.

Having looked at the government website here:
https://www.gov.uk/tb-test-visa/overview

If your test shows that you don’t have TB, you’ll be given a certificate which is valid for 6 months. Include this certificate with your UK visa application.

So the above doesn't state the applicant will need the certificate with them when they arrive in the UK.

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:30 pm

rathernicelydone wrote:Have a look here for what documents you need at the visa centre in Pakistan: http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/pakistan/how_to_apply.html

I was informed by another member by PM that when his wife arrived in the UK the airport staff did not ask for the TB certificate. My wife will be arriving next month and the original TB certificate I sent was not returned by the ECO.

Having looked at the government website here:
https://www.gov.uk/tb-test-visa/overview

If your test shows that you don’t have TB, you’ll be given a certificate which is valid for 6 months. Include this certificate with your UK visa application.

So the above doesn't state the applicant will need the certificate with them when they arrive in the UK.
I read it and it say that applicant need to bring application pack but i thought its sponsor who apply online on behalf of applicant and he got all the application forms and supporting documents including evidence of paying fees etc. Can you tell us what documents you submitted and what documents your wife had there in pakistan..also i suppose they do biometric in Pakistan after you submit online application ..right?

rathernicelydone
United Kingdom

Post by rathernicelydone » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:53 am

My wife took with her a print out of the online application form (this showed that NHS charge had been paid), a print out of the appointment at Gerrys (including payment for premium lounge), passport photos and her passports.

The online application form she printed was signed by her and sent to me along with the passport photos and the TB certificate - I submitted these documents along with my own documents to Sheffield.

Guide to supporting documents:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... lement.pdf

I basically supplied the documents listed in the above guide along with covering letter. If you need guidance on the settlement application process see an earlier post from CR001 in this thread.

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:13 pm

rathernicelydone wrote:My wife took with her a print out of the online application form (this showed that NHS charge had been paid), a print out of the appointment at Gerrys (including payment for premium lounge), passport photos and her passports.

The online application form she printed was signed by her and sent to me along with the passport photos and the TB certificate - I submitted these documents along with my own documents to Sheffield.

Guide to supporting documents:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... lement.pdf

I basically supplied the documents listed in the above guide along with covering letter. If you need guidance on the settlement application process see an earlier post from CR001 in this thread.
Thanks mate for reply. When i go to uk4visa online form it say on first page "Currently this service is only available to people applying in China, India, Russia, Belarus and Turkey. Applicants in these countries can "

So i need all documents and passport size photos of partner and kids to submit them in sheiffield office along with my documents and no need of their original passports? You statisfied the language requirement through UKNaric so what is the status of Pakistani MSC degree in Economics as per their language assessment..what is better option ..get UK naric assessment or IELTS life Skills test? What is premimum lounge ?

rathernicelydone
United Kingdom

Post by rathernicelydone » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:35 am

This is the link I used: https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/home/welcome

Click on the Register An Account button to begin.

You won't need the applicant's passport but the applicant will need to take their passport (including any previous passports) to Gerrys.

UK NARIC Language Assessment costs £55.20 and it meant my wife didn't have to take a test so I thought it was worth it. More details here: https://www.naric.org.uk/naric/Individu ... sment.aspx

Premium Lounge: http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/pakistan/use ... vices.html

I suggest you read the Guide for settlement applications from Pakistan to get yourself familiar with the process.

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:47 pm

rathernicelydone wrote:This is the link I used: https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/home/welcome

Click on the Register An Account button to begin.

You won't need the applicant's passport but the applicant will need to take their passport (including any previous passports) to Gerrys.

UK NARIC Language Assessment costs £55.20 and it meant my wife didn't have to take a test so I thought it was worth it. More details here: https://www.naric.org.uk/naric/Individu ... sment.aspx

Premium Lounge: http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/pakistan/use ... vices.html

I suggest you read the Guide for settlement applications from Pakistan to get yourself familiar with the process.
Thanks for all these information and links dude ..yea thinking to apply in next month and guess need to read it more..yea UK naric seem good option if they accept it because its for life time unlike this life skills a1 English test which cost more and only valid for two years..I was contacting TB test centre in Islamabad but they are not picking up the phone..sent them email but no response ..do u know how much it cost and how early appointment can me made .I dont know whether 7 months babies need to go there for TB test..they have only once contact number but when u ring it its alsy on voive mail and just give you email for appointment

london5694
Newly Registered

Post by london5694 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:04 pm

Hi

Does any one knows that ( form VAF4A FAMILY SETTLEMENT APPLICATION FORM ) is also required to fill and send to Sheffield along with ( APPENDIX 2 VAF 4A DECEMBER 2013 FINANCIAL REQUIREMENT FORM ) or just the APPENDIX 2 VAF 4A DECEMBER 2013 FINANCIAL REQUIREMENT FORM ) alone is required along with Print of online application .

Thanks

jakfzs77

Post by jakfzs77 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:31 am

hi,

I am wondering what documents needs for someone who is working as SELF EMPLOYED and want to apply for spouse settlement visa. please help

kind regards
jak

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:23 am

jakfzs77 wrote:hi,

I am wondering what documents needs for someone who is working as SELF EMPLOYED and want to apply for spouse settlement visa. please help

kind regards
jak
You are sole trader, director of a limited company ?

Normally its annual self-assessment tax return to HMRC for the full financial year

here is a detail guide of financial requirements

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... t_2015.pdf

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:29 am

london5694 wrote:Hi

Does any one knows that ( form VAF4A FAMILY SETTLEMENT APPLICATION FORM ) is also required to fill and send to Sheffield along with ( APPENDIX 2 VAF 4A DECEMBER 2013 FINANCIAL REQUIREMENT FORM ) or just the APPENDIX 2 VAF 4A DECEMBER 2013 FINANCIAL REQUIREMENT FORM ) alone is required along with Print of online application .

Thanks
Why you should need VAF4A form when you fill the same form on line. I think its for people in those countries who cannot fill online form

rathernicelydone
United Kingdom

Post by rathernicelydone » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:23 am

modern_newton wrote: Thanks for all these information and links dude ..yea thinking to apply in next month and guess need to read it more..yea UK naric seem good option if they accept it because its for life time unlike this life skills a1 English test which cost more and only valid for two years..I was contacting TB test centre in Islamabad but they are not picking up the phone..sent them email but no response ..do u know how much it cost and how early appointment can me made .I dont know whether 7 months babies need to go there for TB test..they have only once contact number but when u ring it its alsy on voive mail and just give you email for appointment
My wife and I had a lot of trouble contacting the TB centre via phone. I sent an email to uktbappointments@iom.int with the below information and they confirmed my appointment the same day:

Applicant Name:
Passport No:
Contact No:
D.O.B:
Visa Type: UK settlement visa
Screening location: Islamabad
UK Address:
UK Phone Number:

Here are the contents of their confirmation email:

Address & Procedure
Address & Procedure
Islamabad
IOM SUB OFFICE ISLAMABAD
H # 14 , STREET # 84 , SECTOR G 6/4
MAIN EMBASSY ROAD, ISLAMABAD

Before medical applicant’s elder than 11 years of age need to deposit PKR 7,000 and applicants less than 11 years of age need to deposit PKR 5,500 at any of the following Branches of SCB,

If applicant less than 11 years of age required chest X-ray then an additional PKR 2500 will be charged and will be payable at IOM center.

SCB (Standard Chartered Bank) Jinnah Super Market
F-7 Markaz Islamabad.
Please note that IOM deposit slips with IOM printed account number are available at above mentioned SCB branches

Requirements at the time of test:
Three Latest passport size pictures not older than 6 months (with white back ground+ Neutral expressions (No smile) and both ear should be visible)
Original Passport + Copy
Bank Deposit slips (triplicate)
If you have already taken test, please bring old certificate
Please bring UK written address and contact details

You will be required to fill a registration form manually at the time of appointment at concern IOM clinic for each applicant

“In normal circumstance, the minimal health screening time vary from 2 to 3 hrs however the exact time can be confirmed by the registration staff at the concern medical office at the time of your appointment

Kindly provide the particulars of applicants accompanying you for UK,
Please note as per the new UK Visas & Immigration instructions screening is mandatory for accompanying children less than 11 years age .

Thanks & Regards
IOM MHD Pakistan
Last edited by rathernicelydone on Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

rathernicelydone
United Kingdom

Post by rathernicelydone » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:31 am

london5694 wrote:Hi

Thanks
I had my wife's online application form printed, photo attached and signed. This was brought to the Gerry's office in Islamabad and then I sent it along with all the supporting documents to Sheffield. Further details here: http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/pakistan/how_to_apply.html

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:59 pm

rathernicelydone wrote:
modern_newton wrote: Thanks for all these information and links dude ..yea thinking to apply in next month and guess need to read it more..yea UK naric seem good option if they accept it because its for life time unlike this life skills a1 English test which cost more and only valid for two years..I was contacting TB test centre in Islamabad but they are not picking up the phone..sent them email but no response ..do u know how much it cost and how early appointment can me made .I dont know whether 7 months babies need to go there for TB test..they have only once contact number but when u ring it its alsy on voive mail and just give you email for appointment
My wife and I had a lot of trouble contacting the TB centre via phone. I sent an email to uktbappointments@iom.int with the below information and they confirmed my appointment the same day:

Applicant Name:
Passport No:
Contact No:
D.O.B:
Visa Type: UK settlement visa
Screening location: Islamabad
UK Address:
UK Phone Number:

Here are the contents of their confirmation email:

Address & Procedure
Address & Procedure
Islamabad
IOM SUB OFFICE ISLAMABAD
H # 14 , STREET # 84 , SECTOR G 6/4
MAIN EMBASSY ROAD, ISLAMABAD

Before medical applicant’s elder than 11 years of age need to deposit PKR 7,000 and applicants less than 11 years of age need to deposit PKR 5,500 at any of the following Branches of SCB,

If applicant less than 11 years of age required chest X-ray then an additional PKR 2500 will be charged and will be payable at IOM center.

SCB (Standard Chartered Bank) Jinnah Super Market
F-7 Markaz Islamabad.
Please note that IOM deposit slips with IOM printed account number are available at above mentioned SCB branches

Requirements at the time of test:
Three Latest passport size pictures not older than 6 months (with white back ground+ Neutral expressions (No smile) and both ear should be visible)
Original Passport + Copy
Bank Deposit slips (triplicate)
If you have already taken test, please bring old certificate
Please bring UK written address and contact details

You will be required to fill a registration form manually at the time of appointment at concern IOM clinic for each applicant

“In normal circumstance, the minimal health screening time vary from 2 to 3 hrs however the exact time can be confirmed by the registration staff at the concern medical office at the time of your appointment

Kindly provide the particulars of applicants accompanying you for UK,
Please note as per the new UK Visas & Immigration instructions screening is mandatory for accompanying children less than 11 years age .

Thanks & Regards
IOM MHD Pakistan
Thanks dude. These information would be helpful for many people.

london5694
Newly Registered

Post by london5694 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:41 am

Hi
yesterday i send all supporting documents to Sheffield via special delivery and just after one day i recieved an e mail from Sheffield

( We are in receipt of a Visa Application for the above named person. We have noted that a TB certificate has been provided with the documents submitted by the above named applicant. Please send the original TB certificate from a centre that has been approved by the UK Home Office. Please see our website at GOV.UK for further information. )

I am really confused because i am 200 % confident and sure that i did send original TB Test Certificate along with its photo copy . i send a cover letter in this letter i did mentioned the list of documents i was sending and TB test certificate was also mentioned there . Now probably they have misplaced it or have over looked on it . to my understanding they are asking for original and keeping the photo copy , while i have send the original as well . Please Guide me what to do next should i write them a letter explaining that i did send original to them and they should once again shuffle through the sent documents OR should i ask my spouse to Contact TB Test Centre In Lahore to get a Duplicate , I am slo not sure that whether it is possible to get a duplicate or we have to book and have A TB test all over again .
Also does any one know direct phone number or E mail address to sheffield Office to communicate regarding this issue .?

Please Guide the NEXT right Course of action .

Thanks

TazMajeed
Newly Registered

Post by TazMajeed » Fri May 13, 2016 10:19 pm

london5694 wrote:Dear members

i am British Citizen I am planning to Marry someone from Pakistan , I came to know that there is no need to send or take supporting documents all the way to Pakistan to apply for spouse settlement visa, rather i can post all supporting documents from here directly to Sheffield my questions are

What documents should my Spouse submit there in Pakistan and where ?

Which English test is required for spouse settlement visa?

house survey report is mandatory if this report is not presented will it cause visa refusal . ?

How early can a TB test carried out prior to application ?

Thanks in advance for your valuable information
Hello

I'm hoping someone will be able to help me. I am going to be applying for my husbands visa at the end of May Insha'Allah and just want to clarify something. I am his wife and therefore his sponsor do I complete the application on behalf of my husband from the uk and then print this off and submit with the supporting documents to UKVI in Sheffield? And is there anyway to pay for premium service?

Your help would be appreciated. I just really want to get it right so we can be reunited and start our life as a married couple!

Raj5

Post by Raj5 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:30 pm

CR001 wrote:Please see Spouse Visa from Pakistan - Step by step (Click)

She needs English A1 from one of the approved test providers.

She needs TB cert, preferably done a couple of months before visa submission as they have an expiry date.

House survey report is NOT mandatory.
In case of spouse visas from Canada, the supporting documents are to be sent to Sheffield?