ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

REJECTED - Payment - HSMP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Archie55
Newly Registered

REJECTED - Payment - HSMP

Post by Archie55 » Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:16 pm

Hi Kay,

This morning i recd a mail from Doncaster, mentioning that the payment for application was rejeced and the reason was "Rejected by Bank"

I had paid through a International Debit card and i dont understand why this had happened. When i Checked with the bank in India, they say that its recommended that debit card is valid only when the person is physically available at the point of card swipe.

Anyway I have a query, What is this Issue no ( for switch) only means.

I have anyway made payment through a Friends credit card as i do not have a credit card with me as i dont believe in credit cards. Anyday i prefer debit cards.

Now i have faxed the payment form on the Fax No: +44 130 238 6013

Now how do i confirm whether my fax has been received. I guess this is going to give me sleepless nights.!!!!

Anyway they have given me another No to call them +44 114 259 4074

Now does anybody know if there is any other contact No. I am not able to get anybody on line except auto answering machine.

HAs anybody gone through this problem. Any suggestions welcome.

Thanking in the meanwhile,

Ajay Kumar Singh

Post by Ajay Kumar Singh » Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:54 pm

Switch is a leading Credid/Debit card provider in UK. And the Switch issue number is something similar to VISA's 3 digit Security code (usually on the back of credit card). These digits are used to provide EXTRA Security to Cards.

Better get a Credit Card they come handy in emergencies ;)

Keep trying those people are overloaded now a days. Try sending them e-mail.

No need to have sleepless nights take it easy..

simar

Post by simar » Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:19 pm

hi Archie55,
Kindly let me know when did your application reach Donacaster. Within which time did they inform you about payment issue.
I am too getting sleepness nights . It is around 7 working days since my package was delivered. But no credit card charging so far.

--simar

Archie55
Newly Registered

Post by Archie55 » Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:27 pm

They recd my App on 12-June. Their letter head addressed to me is 14_june. I recd on 20-Jun.

I am just keeping fingers crossed as i now sent via my friends Credit card.

Any idea how payments are made thru Cheques. Should the cheques be drawn on UK banks only. ?? Lots of questions related to payment seem to crop up in my payment.

:roll: Guess situations like these, makes us think of all -ve possibilities

simar

Post by simar » Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:38 pm

hi Archie55,
Thanks for sharing ur dateline. I have just spoken to person in the number u have mentioned. According to him, it takes anything from 3 to 4 weeks now to get the credit card charged & more than 4 months in processing the application. Lot of applications are coming.

Thats okay at least I can coolly sleep for next 2 weeeks.

--simar

Archie55
Newly Registered

Post by Archie55 » Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:55 pm

Hi, Simar,

A typo Error. It wasnt June, It was July... Just a matter of days.

simar

Post by simar » Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:15 pm

This is really puzzling yaar. So our both's application reaches on same day. ie 12th July. Now that official was clearly saying me that it takes anything from 3 to 4 weeks to deduct payment from credit card. I wonder what to do :( .

Mini
Member of Standing

Post by Mini » Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:41 pm

If Im not wrong both of you are applying from India. Are your cards VISA/Mastercard or any other ? Cause I sent my app on June 1 and got my payment deducted on 3rd June. I paid thru HSBC-VISA.
Mini

Archie55
Newly Registered

Post by Archie55 » Wed Jul 21, 2004 6:35 am

Thanx for the reply Mini, Well i am from India and i applied initially HDFC Debit card which was rejected by the bank over ther in UK.

Now i have re-sent the payment through Credit card. Mini, can u confirm whether your payment was though credit or debit card.

raoms
Member of Standing

hi

Post by raoms » Wed Jul 21, 2004 6:41 am

ajay is right credit card will be always helpful. Ofcourse the debit card can be used in foriegn but they apply high charges for it.
Cheque is nothing but a draft. The indian bank will have atie up with some bank in UK, they will issue a draft on the tie up bank in UK. The HO has to just deposit the draft in their account and their account is debited almost immediately. I paid through cheque.

Archie55
Newly Registered

Post by Archie55 » Wed Jul 21, 2004 6:52 am

But then while using a draft, i suppose currency fluctuations are taken care or this may also be a cause for concerns...

Archie55
Newly Registered

Post by Archie55 » Wed Jul 21, 2004 6:55 am

simar, I suppose u first got to be sure if yr application has been delivered. Have you checked with yr courier or thru the tracking No. This is a popular notion that a debit happens in our account within a week's time of application delivery.

raoms
Member of Standing

hi

Post by raoms » Wed Jul 21, 2004 7:00 am

they get the draft in pounds. So they don't have to be concerned with currency fluctuations. The loss/gain is applicable to you, when I applied for the draft they issued me 1 GBP = 7 SAR and now the rate is 1 GBP= 6.7 SAR So I loose .30 SAR for every pound. [Sometimes this could be reverse.]

simar

Post by simar » Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:36 pm

Hi Guys,
Just to inform you all, HSMP people send back my application along with all documents. The reason /fault was my wrong filling of name in section 3(credit card details) . It was certainly silly mistake on my part. Need to very careful while filling the Part 3. I will re-send the application again tomorrow.
So I guess anything taking too long ( week time) in cash payment means something wrong.

--simar

Mini
Member of Standing

Post by Mini » Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:47 am

simar,
i paid thru international credit card. All the best for re-submit.
Mini

simar

Post by simar » Sat Jul 31, 2004 7:12 am

Hi mini,
Thanks for wishing on re-submit. So at last my "international credit card" works. The charging was done yesterday. It is taking five working days to process the charging.

How about "Archie55" , did ur charging stuff is over now.

--simar

Archie55
Newly Registered

Post by Archie55 » Sat Jul 31, 2004 2:29 pm

Thanx Mini / Simar for the inputs.

I faxed next day my friends credit card details. It was debited the same day. So the waiting begins.. Lets see.. !!!

simar

Post by simar » Mon Aug 02, 2004 6:34 am

Hi Archie55
This wait is nothing against Canada immigration wait of 4-5 years from India. The 4-5 months will pass soon. To reduce it & to make case stronger, one can try to get job offer. Here I am trying but all I can get is interview offers. I wonder how so many people are able to get job offers. No employer is willing to take until having face to face interview in UK.
May be I will able to get one. As I am trying…Any case our case ( July applicants) will be decided by December I guess..

raoms
Member of Standing

simar

Post by raoms » Mon Aug 02, 2004 6:48 am

many people who show the offer letters are mostly in-country. IF you have some friends there in uk and they have some influence, they can get an offer letter for you. Generally when you tell them that your HSMP visa is awaited and you are confident of getting, I mean when you tell the truth, your application goes into trash. Also it was before 4 months when they used to give priority to the application with job offers. I think now a days they don't care for any such offers [Its my own experience].

ND
Member of Standing

Post by ND » Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:42 pm

I got a letter from Workpermits thats the payment is rejected by bank.I used credit card that too its a Bank in UK one of the top 3.I called the bank and asked them if they have rejected any they said from last 1 week they have'nt rejected any payments.

I was confused.But then i sent another credit card details through fax.I have to wait and see what happens now. :(

hk_007

Post by hk_007 » Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:12 pm

Unless you are extremely overlimit the bank has put a stay on your CC, your CC should not be rejected. The simplest reason could be that the CC details (number, start/end date, name as is exaclty on the card etc.) provided may have been wrong.

Mini
Member of Standing

Post by Mini » Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:19 pm

Be careful when you ask HO to take payment again. Last time this happened to us with a UK bank, the payment happened twice and the concerned authority said it is not possible to refund.

The bank cleared the 1st payment after their confirmation that no rejection had happened. But honestly speaking, they had confessed that if the payment request came thru after a few days they cannot take a stop payment request from us.

Thankfully the amount was small so we survived it.
Mini

ND
Member of Standing

Post by ND » Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:27 pm

I checked the payment details couple of times I am sure that i gave correct details.And also my credit card limit is £2000 where as I used only £200.

Lets see what happens this time.

ND
Member of Standing

Post by ND » Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:20 am

At last they deducted the payment yesterday and today i mailed them about reference number they mailed me that ref number with in 10 min :roll:

Sher

IMPORTANT !

Post by Sher » Tue Dec 28, 2004 7:18 pm

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 3297#13297

Pls check the above post. DO NOT MAKE A HDFC DEBIT CARD payment for HSMP application fee
nJOY !
may u grow by leaps and pounds !

:roll: