ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long Residence ILR - Gaps

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rob911

Long Residence ILR - Gaps

Post by rob911 » Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:41 am

I have come across a series of threads relating to people encountering issues with Gaps when applying for ILR. By Gap I mean instances where an extension was issued regardless of a delay in applying for further leave to remain within your 10 year qualifying period.

I feel this is a great injustice to people who apply under the 10 year long residence rule. Especially when the BIA also has a 14 Year concession (ie. you could have been here legally for 14 years but because of a gap don't qualify for ILR under 10 Year rule). Besides if a gap is accepted and FLR granted then in my opinion that says its ok. The flip side is; no one would be happy to be denied FLR due to sending their application a day late.

This isn't a duplicate post but more a place for those who have had gaps and been successful in obtaining ILR to share their experiences as it is a common query that could benefit from first hand insight.

Successful 'gap' ILR Applicants please share...