ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employment letter more then 28 days old

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dabbler80

Employment letter more then 28 days old

Post by dabbler80 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:27 pm

Hi senior members
We need to submit fiancee visa application on Tuesday was looking through documents and realise now employment letter is 2 months. Is it fine ? Do I need to fill up su07 sponsorship form ?
Please advise

MPH80
Respected Guru

Re: Employment letter more then 28 days old

Post by MPH80 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:58 pm

SU07 isn't necessary for a fiancee application.

Ideally the letter from your employer should be more recent as it might be interpretted it should be within 28 days - but that's not my reading of Appendix FM-SE:
(l) Where this Appendix requires the applicant to provide specified evidence relating to a
period which ends with the date of application, that evidence, or the most recently dated
part of it, must be dated no earlier than 28 days before the date of application.
Therefore we're looking to see if the employer's letter has a specific period associated with it ...
A letter from the employer(s) who issued the payslips at paragraph 2(a) confirming:
(i) the person's employment and gross annual salary;
(ii) the length of their employment;7
(iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied
upon in the application; and
(iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).
Nothing mentioned there ...

So I would take it that the letter can be older providing the payslips and bank statements which have to cover the 6 months prior to application are consistent.

But as I said - you take a risk that the ECO doesn't interpret that all elements of employment evidence must be from within the last 28 days.

If you can get a replacement in time - I would.

dabbler80

Post by dabbler80 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:35 pm

Thank u so much
I realised one more problem pay slips I don't get by hand head office send every month in e mail. I just printed do I need to certify pay slips as well ?

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:46 pm

They should be certified if just printed yes.

dabbler80

Post by dabbler80 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:56 pm

Thank u I I try my best to get letter and pay slips done

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:32 am

It will be better to get a recent letter,ideally the letter by your employer is required to state your annual income? Your most recent annual income worked out by adding your income in the last 6 months or 12 as the case may be. So if you're using letter you got 2 months ago,that can actually contradict the amount you have stated as your annual income.
Secondly, your payslips should be original copy,not certified.
It's better to get everything right before applying.

dabbler80

Post by dabbler80 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:08 pm

Thanks
I am greeting new letter of employment

Payslips no chance I can get original head office don't issue any more. I asked to to write a letter to say these pay slips are authentic.
My district manager is going to write these letters he says he is authorised by company to write letter for these matters

dubluke
Newly Registered

Post by dubluke » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:19 pm

I have a similar query - all of my bank statements and employer cover letters are from within the last 28 days, however my most recent payment of salary was 15th March and Payslip was dated 5th March, so by the time I go in for my application I will not have yet received my pay for March (which will be paid to me mid April).

As I have my letter from my employer confirming my salary and my ongoing employment, will this be ok? Or do I need to reschedule my appointment until after I have received my most recent salary payment? I will still meet the financial requirement regardless of the date I apply, just wondering whether evidence will marry up ok.

I also received last month's salary in cash, where I am normally paid in BACS transfer, this was due to a problem with my employers online banking system. I asked for a letter explaining this change of payment behaviour pattern but they refused to provide this, simply stating that they could speak to him on the phone instead. I have a payslip for this salary, and a receipt from the bank demonstrating that the exact net amount was paid in. Will this be adequate or do I still really need an accompanying letter from employer?

Thanks