ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What next after HSMP Approval ?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cottongear

What next after HSMP Approval ?

Post by cottongear » Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:06 pm

Hi all,

I recieved the below email reply from the 'WPCustomers <wpcustomers@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk>'.

I hope that I have got the approval.
-------------------------------------------------------
I can confirm that a decision has been made on your application.

Your letter and documents were returned to you on 14 December 2007 by airmail. Airmail deliveries can take up to 12 weeks to reach their intended destination.

Please note, for reasons of security we are unable to give an decisions by email.

Now, assuming that I have got the approval who do I go about the next steps : EC application, job hunt ?

could somebody please provide the required info/links to help me on this ?

Many thanks,
CG

jagacharaja

Re: What next after HSMP Approval ?

Post by jagacharaja » Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:38 am

That's a big assumption, but yes it wouldn't hurt knowing and planning the next steps. First thing once you get your approval letter of course would be to apply for EC - google for the British embassy/consulate nearest to you and check out the exact requirements for the same. If you're in the US, the site is britainusa.com. EC's are usually issued w/a validity of two yrs. You can request a post-dated EC (for up to three months) if you know you're not going to UK immediately. Some of the job websites you could start exploring are totaljobs.com and reed.co.uk. Good luck.
cottongear wrote:Hi all,

I recieved the below email reply from the 'WPCustomers <wpcustomers@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk>'.

Your letter and documents were returned to you on 14 December 2007 by airmail. Airmail deliveries can take up to 12 weeks to reach their intended destination.

Please note, for reasons of security we are unable to give an decisions by email.

Now, assuming that I have got the approval who do I go about the next steps : EC application, job hunt ?

Many thanks,
CG

Daslimy1

Post by Daslimy1 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:32 am

If you are unsure of what do to next...Please go through various topics & u will get plenty of information...Do some research on what to do!
Everything comes to an end eventully...

sumne
Newly Registered

Re: What next after HSMP Approval ?

Post by sumne » Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:17 am

Hi,

I have got my HSMP approval yesterday. I just want to know whether to start hunting for jobs now or to apply for work permit? Could someone please give some suggestions? Thanks in advance

sumne

cottongear wrote:Hi all,

Many thanks,
CG