ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Right of Abode online form -Request for help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chosenaik

Right of Abode online form -Request for help

Post by chosenaik » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:02 pm

Hello,

I am a Pakistani + Naturalised British citizen. I am completing my new born child'd Right of Abode (RoA) online form. Please could I request fellow members + moderators assistance with these questions. I will be VERY grateful for the help as by mistake applied for visit visa which I had to withdraw and so have lost time and money. I want to be fully sure before I apply this time. Thank you!

PASSPORT AND TRAVEL INFORMATION
Nationality (question states: "Nationality as stated in the passport or travel document"): Should I enter Pakistan or United Kingdom. As my child only has a Pakistani passport and not a UK passport, should I enter United Kingdom or Pakistan.

Do you currently hold, or have you ever held, any other nationality or nationalities? (question states: "Do you have any other passports or travel documents which show you have held a different nationality or nationalities?"): If I enter United Kingdom for above question then I can enter Pakistan here my child has a Pakistani passport. But if the answer for above question should be Pakistan, should I answer this question as No, as she dies not have a United Kingdom passport?

Country of Residence ("Your permanent Country of residence"): Should I enter United Kingdom or Pakistan?

TRAVEL INFORMATION
How long do you intend to stay in the UK?: Is it ok if I answer "Permanently"?

PERSONAL DETAILS
What is your permanent residential address and contact details?: Should I enter my UK address or my Pakistan address where my child is currently with my wife?

How long have you lived at this address?: If I give my UK address, is it ok if I answer? - "Nil - Born in Pakistan"

Are your preferred contact details different from the contact details already provided above?: My wife and I are both naturalised citizens and as my child is with my wife in Pakistan where the delivery was, to keep it simple we are applying for RoA based on my wife and not me. Therefore should I give my Pakistan address and phone number where my wife and child currently are, or should I just keep my UK address and the phone number same as the one given for "permanent residential address".

INCOME AND EXPENDITURE
The total amount of money you have for this trip: I am answering this "Per my Father". is this an ok answer?

The cost of your accommodation: I am answering this as Nil. is this ok? I hope it will be udnerstood by ECO that of course the cost is Nil as my child will stay with me.

The cost of your living expenses: I am answering this "Per my Father". is this an ok answer?

FAMILY AND FRIENDS
Please enter details of what you plan to do whilst in the UK: I am answering the following, is this ok? "I am travelling to UK to live permanently with my parents, both of whom are UK Citizens and permanently settled in UK. They will apply for my UK Passport when I am in UK".

UNDER 18
Are you staying at a private address in the UK?: I am answering Yes for this, as my child will stay with me at my apartment I rent.

Who are you staying with in the UK?: I have entered my wife and my details and selected
Other Relative
. Is this ok? As there is no option for Father or Mother.

chosenaik

Re: Right of Abode online form -Request for help

Post by chosenaik » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:23 pm

Anyone...please help!

chosenaik

Re: Right of Abode online form -Request for help

Post by chosenaik » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:28 am

Vinny, CASA, moderators gurus please would you assist me with my queries. I will be so grateful.